Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
Our organization uses SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor as our main monitoring software suite used throughout our whole company. We have it broken out for various departments for their appropriate uses. By consolidating down to the single monitoring system it has made the overall management and implementation of the tools throughout the company much easier and takes fewer people taking care of the system.
- Nice single pane of glass view of whole network
- The ability to tailor each department with their own tools to use
- Lots of out of the box features that just work
- Quickly and easily run down issues with lots of different scenarios throughout the network
- The ability to create custom pollers for unique situations
- Some of the tools are a little cumbersome to get the hang of
- The need to learn to use the SWQL language for advanced monitoring and reporting
- The cost compared to other companies out there
- Instant alerting on a myriad of issues that can save your bacon!
- Nice NOC views to allow for high level overview of network
- Real-time monitoring allows us to keep customer downtime due to unseen issues to a minimum.
- An easy interface to find information on any customer device or network element
I was not involved in the evaluation process of SolarWinds.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor is very versatile for companies large and small with the need for network and systems monitoring. They have created some great tools for all aspects of the IT world from layer 1 on up. The only complaint I have now is that it requires a lot of customization to use for facilities monitoring, environmental, etc.