Overall Satisfaction with Solarwinds Service Desk (formerly Samanage)
We are currently using Solarwinds Service Desk as our primary IT ticketing software. The product is used throughout the whole organization. It has vastly improved our response time and allowed us to be more thorough with the end users as far as addressing problems goes. It has allowed us to properly assess situations as well as communicate if the problem can not be fixed of if other measures need to be taken. Without the software, we would be left using multiple other means to do this, which would cause to much of a headache and lose a lot of valuable time. Especially now the healthcare professionals at this clinic need something fast and easy to get their problems solved.
- My favorite thing is the options of closing or holding tickets and allowing the end-user to see this in real-time.
- The product is web-based, which allows for ease of use anywhere.
- The pricing is not based on the number of end-users, which is great for a big organization.
- The product does make users log in, which can be a hassle sometimes as we all know people forget passwords all the time.
- The product still lacks a viable chat feature.
- The mobile version is a bit clunky and hard to use even for an IT professional. And the end-users are unable to use the web version altogether.
- The one negative is time lost due to password management and not allowing end users to use the mobile app.
- The product has saved a lot of time, which is very valuable in this line of work.
The service for this product has been fantastic. Especially during the initial setup, we were given a huge amount of help getting things setup. During the use of this product as well I can always reach out to the team and get any problems that I need help with, addressed. We have a locked-down network that has caused problems before but the Solarwinds team has helped us overcome any obstacle we have encountered.
Do you think SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD)'s feature set?
Did SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) again?
The best place for software like Solarwinds Service Desk is in a large organization. Especially one with multiple sites. This is because the options are almost endless for the end-user to be able to sign in and submit tickets or as for resources. It allows them to be very descriptive almost to a point of being too much which is good, the more information the better. I feel like in a smaller organization a lot of features would be lost due to the robustness of the program. It would be too much for a smaller business to adequately use it