Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
Spiceworks is a great tool to use for everyday network management. It can scan network for devices and gives great detail on hardware/software. I use this tool daily to check for any unwanted software users may have installed or to check the health of a machine in question. I would recommend Spiceworks to anyone who doesn't already have this in place. It is very easy to set up and very easy to manage.
- New hardware added to the network it alerts me
- New software added to any machine it alerts me
- Any printer issues or even if a printer needs toner it will alert me
- When scanning a network for new machines it rescans each device. I wish it would know to skip and move to next item and only scan new items.
- I use it daily and believe it cuts out so much overhead of keeping paper trails of hardware assets
Spiceworks is FREE and very very powerful
Run spiceworks on its own VM and take snapshot backups of the DB weekly.
It is a great product and has a lot of very powerful tools built into the software.
Spiceworks has always stood up to what it says it will do. I never had an issue and always have tools I need right at my fingertips. I would recommend this product to anyone in IT that is looking to have a central place of data of the devices on their network.