Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
We use Spiceworks in a variety of ways: helpdesk ticketing and tracking, inventory tracking and management, as well as a trouble shooting tool and to submit purchase requests.
- Helpdesk ticketing. Spiceworks does this very well - plenty on modules and plug ins to support just about anything you want to do. You can also write your own!
- Inventory management is another thing thing Spiceworks does pretty well. Right down to what software and software keys are on each machine. It's not the end all be all but it does a good job and it's free.
- The community! Wow the community is amazing. Supportive quick and quick to respond with valid answers. I rarely wait more than an hour before someone has responded with something valid.
- The network map isn't the greatest. You need to spend some time to lay it out correctly. It also seems to be wiped out with each new update.
- Can be sluggish when using IE.
- Spiceworks software doesn't "cost" anything. That doesn't mean it's free. There is the cost of time to learn the software, which isn't very long or difficult.
- The helpdesk system in Spiceworks has greatly increased our IT team's productivity and accountability.
- The inventory tracking is a nice tool to see what software you have out there.
- BMC Track-It
Spiceworks is a multifaceted tool. Speaking of helpdesk I find it easier to use than BMC Track-It and so does the staff.
I wouldn't suggest Spiceworks for very small offices with less than 10 machines or over 1000. I have often recommended Spiceworks be used for service vendors. The helpdesk system can be adapted to work as a time management and invoice tool for them.
2005 - Finance, IT, Executive, All of them
- help desk
- network scanning
There is no renewal. Spiceworks software doesn't cost anything.
Easy to install. Very slight learning curve. Much less than other products.
- Implemented in-house
Change management was minimal
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
- Most of it. The install is 1 click done.
- the network map isn't the greatest.
Yes - Perfectly.
We use it both locally on our own server so up time is decided by us and we also use the hosted help desk. We have never had an outage of that.