SQL Data Warehouse- everything you need to know
Overall Satisfaction with SQL Data Warehouse
- It is very cost-effective
- Development time needed was much less in comparison to other systems
- Played very nicely with our ETL and OLAP reporting tools
- More features would be a plus
- I would like to see Microsoft offer some diagramming tools for data warehouse
- I believe processing time and speed could always be improved
- We have had an improvement in our overall processing time
- Cost was much lower than most of its competitors
- Our reporting needs have grown and housing the data here has been great
SQL Data Warehouse is always well suited in a Microsoft SQL environment. When you are using tools like SSIS, SSAS and SSRS, SQL Data Warehouse fits in nicely as the OLAP backend.
Some challenges faced for this product are in very large expansive environments where the transact databases might be coming from different sources like Oracle or Sybase.