Overall Satisfaction with StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA)
We use StarWind HCA as our main server infrastructure and all of our core VMs are hosted on this platform. We needed a product that could provide high availability, but not have a large hardware cost, because our infrastructure is relatively small. StarWind HCA allowed us to accomplish both things with their HCA by providing a highly available cluster with only two physical nodes.
- The VSAN software is extremely stable and easy to use.
- The hardware setup was extremely easy because most of it was pre-configured before it was shipped.
- The ability to use any hypervisor that you prefer is a great feature.
- The support level is fantastic.
- Honestly, they don't need to improve from my experience, the whole experience has been perfect.
- The initial cost of the setup was about $20,000 cheaper than the other solutions that I researched.
- It has made server maintenance much easier, because of high availability, which has made a big difference in the quality of life.
- It has made downtime for our end users almost never happen, which is a huge benefit.
I had an issue with one of the network cards throwing errors on iDRAC and StarWind support was able to see that and help me resolve the issue.
Because of these services and their excellent support, I was able to switch our hypervisor to Hyper-V and save the company a lot of money on licensing costs. I didn't have very much experience with Hyper-V, so if StarWind hadn't offered such comprehensive services, I wouldn't have felt comfortable making the switch to Hyper-V.
I've never used a Scale appliance, but I've researched them and talked to their sales team and engineers. I decided to go with StarWind vs Scale largely because of price, but I also wanted to use Hyper-V and didn't really want to go with a proprietary hypervisor, which is what Scale has.
Do you think StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA)'s feature set?
Did StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) go as expected?
Would you buy StarWind HyperConverged Appliance (HCA) again?
Where [StarWind HyperConverged Appliance] really shine and are way better than the competition, in my opinion, is in the small business sector. You really can't beat the value that you get for the money and the ability to have a highly available setup with only two physical nodes. I really don't know where it wouldn't be appropriate, but I haven't really done very much research on other sectors.