Overall Satisfaction with StatCounter
We used StatCounter to monitor traffic to our site. It gave us detailed information on where our traffic came from, what pages were visited, and what browsers were being used. I liked StatCounter because it gave more specific data by visitor than I could get with Google Analytics. In many ways, it is easier to use than Google Analytics, but I used both hand in hand.
- I can visit my site in real time showing pages visited and the duration of the visit.
- It shows very detailed data on where visitors came from.
- I could monitor the performance of campaigns in real-time as visitors came to my site from a promotion.
- I'd like to see individual visitor history for top visitors.
- StatCounter helped me to better measure the effectiveness of my marketing campaigns so I could make better decisions.
StatCounter is a more basic tool than Google Analytics, but in many ways, it is more robust. It provides more detail by visitor. It also allows me to check Google Analytics stats to see if my data matches.
I like it as a backup and indifferent source to check against Google Analytics. It helps me to check on AdWords click fraud and get a better sense for how my site is performing. It is a good basic tool. Google Analytics is far more robust, but Google does not show all of the detail that StatCounter does.