Web analytics product designed for SMB.s Statistics collected are based on page loads.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/B9/KS/5RT4J70KJHE5.pngBest free web-visitor analysis toolStatCounter is helping with the analysis of website visitors. We are using StatCounter in the last 4 years to count visitors and to know our website visitors' activities. StatCounter is a free tool. We have to add javascript code from StatCounter to our website. With the help of that, StatCounter gives us data of our website visitors. The free account comes with advertisements. You can go for the paid version account if your website traffic is huge. The best part of StatCounter is you can add multiple projects (multiple websites) for user analysis in a single free version account. StatCounter free version (there is a time limit for the free version, mostly it keep 3 days of data) give data report like: Country wise visitor states.Browser wise visitor reports.Keyword statics for websites.Top visited pages of a website.Traffic source like organic or paid traffic reports.,It's a free tool which is best to start with website visitor analysis. It gives detailed reports for location, browser and time. It's really easy to set up and use. It may just take few moments to set up an account.,They need to add a real-time visitor report option on the website. Else, it is a great tool.,9,Positive is that we can analyze website users. You can manage sub-users, like a team, in StatCounter. Negative is that we have to add javascript to the website which makes it a little hard.,Google AnalyticsStatCounter the easy alternative to Google AnalyticsStatCounter provides me with a full in-depth look at the traffic coming to our website, from entry page or most popular, geographic locales along with users' path thru our website. Browser, number of visits, time, computer type are all shown - that makes understanding the use of the website by our potential customers all that clearer.,Graphical (map) of users Easy to read charts Easy to set up vs. Google Analytics,It actually does what I need, so I don't have a real answer here,10,It is worth the money, since I use the free version.,,Microsoft Office 2016, Xero, TradeGecko, WooCommerce, FreshdeskStatCounter is not Google Analytics and that is a good thing.Sting is one client for whom I have used StatCounter. The main reason is Google Analytics has a learning curve and I want my clients to have easy solutions like StatCounter. For most, it provides more than enough data, in good contexts, to quantify and qualify my efforts as a Digital Marketing Strategist.,Reports are general, which sometimes is all a client wants to know. Data is ordered logically and is easy to flip between screens. It's simple to add to any site. Their communication is excellent. Rarely are there issues but if so, they go right to Twitter and engage immediately.,I honestly cannot suggest a thing. Again, StatCounter is used for specific reasons and exceeds my expectations.,10,Positive, by far. When a client wants to gauge ROI, StatCounter cuts to the heart of the matter. No guesswork or confusion.,Google Analytics,10Crucial Tracking Info for Tight BudgetsThis services gives the user a lot of functionality for a low price (free with a limited data log) which can be a lifesaver for small business and organizations with limited budgets. Because it is free, any of its shortcomings can be met by complementing it with other free services such as Google Analytics (GA). One shortcoming of GA, and highlight for StatCounter is its ability to track IP addresses. The user’s IP address help pinpoint them to a specific city, state, and country. If the user is using a browser at a larger company, sometimes the IP address will actually reflect which company the website is being accessed from. This feature can be really good for smaller companies/organizations, because they tend to have more personal connections with their smaller user and contact base. Because of this low traffic situation, the in depth analysis is easier to digest and it is possible to gleen who of the business personal connections are interacting with their website. Like most regular tracking services, StatCounter provides many of the same functionality of large data information aggregation. Page visit length help show audience retention. Path through the website and system stats (operating system, resolution browser) can be used to optimize page design and web layout. Keywords, Search Engine information, landing pages, and came from pages, help give an idea of success of current campaigns and provide information for increasing their success,For the free version data logging is limited to two weeks, which requires manual pulling of the data (CSV or excel formats) on a regular basis which can become tedious. For offline graphing/presentations, data must be re synthesized/visualized. This typical requires someone manual manipulation the data or develop scripts or coding to improve the collection of the data for offline presentation and records. Lacks some of the pretty visuals that can be seen in competitors such as Google Analytics. Lacks user specific in depth tracking across multiple services (mailchimp, google etc), like more fully featured platforms (Kissmetrics) are able to provide.,Faster lead conversion. IP tracking allows crucial information for low traffic and nurturing of small numbers of close contacts. Increasing user retention, through optimized UI website design based on visitor system information and visit lenghts Increasing lead generation from better search engine optimization and keyword selection.,9,9StatCounter: I approveIt's helpful to easily view the hostnames of visitors to get a real sense of your audience. My top 5 views are recent pageloads, recent came from, download activity, exit link activity, and keywords. I appreciate being able to choose free vs paid for log activity.,It would be great if the csv file that we can download incorporates all the data that is being collected. I wasn't able to download the hostname information.,Improved ability to target audience. Insight into user hardware (e.g. Mac vs PC, screen resolution, browser use, etc),10,10,Date selection IP labeling and restriction Hostname viewing,Yes,10
StatCounter

StatCounter Reviews

StatCounter
Top Rated Award
Filter 16 vetted StatCounter reviews and ratings
Hemant Mahla profile photo
April 24, 2018

StatCounter Review: "Best free web-visitor analysis tool"

• Country wise visitor states.
  • Browser wise visitor reports.
  • Keyword statics for websites.
  • Top visited pages of a website.
  • Traffic source like organic or paid traffic reports.
  • It's a free tool which is best to start with website visitor analysis.
  • It gives detailed reports for location, browser and time.
  • It's really easy to set up and use. It may just take few moments to set up an account.
  • They need to add a real-time visitor report option on the website. Else, it is a great tool.
Easy to set up.
Fast to navigate, give real visitor activities.
All required options exist so it makes a lightweight app.
Multiple projects in a single free account.
Read Hemant Mahla's full review
Wayne Spivak profile photo
April 20, 2018

Review: "StatCounter the easy alternative to Google Analytics"

• Graphical (map) of users
  • Easy to read charts
  • Easy to set up vs. Google Analytics
  • It actually does what I need, so I don't have a real answer here
SInce I use it for a consulting business and not an e-commerce business, I am not able to say that StatCounter can or can't be used for the e-com business.

I can say for a general purpose website it is superb. Again, easy to set up, easy to read, and understand.
Read Wayne Spivak's full review
Jerry Janes profile photo
May 14, 2014

Review: "StatCounter is not Google Analytics and that is a good thing."

• Reports are general, which sometimes is all a client wants to know.
  • Data is ordered logically and is easy to flip between screens.
  • It's simple to add to any site.
  • Their communication is excellent. Rarely are there issues but if so, they go right to Twitter and engage immediately.
  • I honestly cannot suggest a thing. Again, StatCounter is used for specific reasons and exceeds my expectations.
It lacks the breadth of data one can get from Google Analytics but again, as a tool for a particular job, it is tops.
Read Jerry Janes's full review
Trevor Williams profile photo
December 24, 2013

StatCounter Review: "Crucial Tracking Info for Tight Budgets"

• This services gives the user a lot of functionality for a low price (free with a limited data log) which can be a lifesaver for small business and organizations with limited budgets. Because it is free, any of its shortcomings can be met by complementing it with other free services such as Google Analytics (GA).
  • One shortcoming of GA, and highlight for StatCounter is its ability to track IP addresses. The user’s IP address help pinpoint them to a specific city, state, and country. If the user is using a browser at a larger company, sometimes the IP address will actually reflect which company the website is being accessed from. This feature can be really good for smaller companies/organizations, because they tend to have more personal connections with their smaller user and contact base. Because of this low traffic situation, the in depth analysis is easier to digest and it is possible to gleen who of the business personal connections are interacting with their website.
  • Like most regular tracking services, StatCounter provides many of the same functionality of large data information aggregation. Page visit length help show audience retention. Path through the website and system stats (operating system, resolution browser) can be used to optimize page design and web layout. Keywords, Search Engine information, landing pages, and came from pages, help give an idea of success of current campaigns and provide information for increasing their success
  • For the free version data logging is limited to two weeks, which requires manual pulling of the data (CSV or excel formats) on a regular basis which can become tedious.
  • For offline graphing/presentations, data must be re synthesized/visualized. This typical requires someone manual manipulation the data or develop scripts or coding to improve the collection of the data for offline presentation and records.
  • Lacks some of the pretty visuals that can be seen in competitors such as Google Analytics.
  • Lacks user specific in depth tracking across multiple services (mailchimp, google etc), like more fully featured platforms (Kissmetrics) are able to provide.
Free services provide a wonderful resource for people on tight budgets. If willing to put forth work in data managing/analysis and If basic high traffic information or drilling down specific users in low traffic situations is needed, then StatCounter may fit your needs. If automation and low overhead are a high priority then some more expensive packages can provide the same and more information with less hassle. Because StatCounter is free, there is low risk to see if StatCounter works in your specific usage scenario.
Read Trevor Williams's full review
Autumn Walden profile photo
December 24, 2013

User Review: "StatCounter: I approve"

• It's helpful to easily view the hostnames of visitors to get a real sense of your audience.
  • My top 5 views are recent pageloads, recent came from, download activity, exit link activity, and keywords.
  • I appreciate being able to choose free vs paid for log activity.
  • It would be great if the csv file that we can download incorporates all the data that is being collected. I wasn't able to download the hostname information.
I would just recommend that they actually use the data in their decisionmaking. It also helps to frequently check web visitor activity (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly) to note trends and perhaps even become aware of issues with your site.
Read Autumn Walden's full review
Samantha Worgull profile photo
December 15, 2013

User Review: "StatCounter: Stats Made Simple"

• StatCounter does not lag when entering long time frames (yearly data) like some other analytics sites I've used.
  • StatCounter is user friendly.
  • StatCounter does not have tons of different drop down menus like other sites I've used, which I like. It has a very clean, functioning look.
  • I would like to see our referral traffic ranked in order of most to least. I'm not sure if this function exists already, but if it does, I do not know how to do it.
  • Maybe put the average time on site on the same chart as the visitors and page views graphs.
  • I feel as though some tasks can be streamlined, but this is not just unique to statcounter but to other analytics sites I've used. But people like digging really deep into the data, but for people like me who use it for one purpose, a shorter one-stop-shop version would be nice. Like one page where everything can be seen.
I would tell my colleague that if they're looking for a simple, easy to use analytics tool that StatCounter is the way to go. Like I said, I think that this is StatCounter's strong point. Sometimes I find myself on other analytics sites wondering what the heck I have to click to get what I want. I don't have that feeling with StatCounter.
Read Samantha Worgull's full review
Erin Ann McBride profile photo
December 14, 2013

User Review: "7 years with Statcounter"

• StatCounter is easy to use, easy to implement, with a UI that anyone, regardless of skill level with web analytics, can read and interpret.
  • I've been using StatCounter for at least 7 years. I install it on every website or blog I am responsible for.
  • StatCounter is much faster to read and use to get live-time results than any other service I have found.
  • I can't think of any changes I would make that are exclusive to StatCounter.
It's much easier and faster to use than Google Analytics or the other competitors. It is easier to read and interpret, with very clear charts.
Read Erin Ann McBride's full review
Richard Yager profile photo
December 11, 2013

User Review: "StatCounter. Free and Easy."

• I really like the simplicity of the weekly stats. It's nice to log in and view weekly stats at once.
  • Keyword analysis helps you determine what keywords are working for your site. It's very helpful.
  • Visitor paths provide a great resource to see where people have entered and exited the website. This helps with fine tuning your SEO efforts.
  • I am very happy with StatCounter and not sure what else they could add to improve the website. The graph designs could be more interactive.
StatCounter has a simple interface and is fairly straightforward as far as navigation. If anyone is looking to get a good grasp on their web traffic, I would definitely recommend trying out StatCounter.
Read Richard Yager's full review
May 08, 2014

StatCounter Review: "Long-Standing, Rock Solid, Simple, Affordable Web Stats for Your Analytics Mix"

I have used StatCounter for my personal hobby web properties for what seems close to a decade now as well as a primary/backup statistics source for a number of million+ hit websites that I personally designed and managed for my previous employer. We used it primarily in the Marketing department but used the reports to inform various departments and key individuals of course.
  • StatCounter is reliable and accurate.
  • StatCounter has always been easy to use.
  • StatCounter maintains your statistics for many, many years compared to many web services that restrict how far you can go back.
  • StatCounter is very affordable and has been.
  • I can't think of any weaknesses.
I prefer to use StatCounter within a mix of statistics vendors. I never rely on just one vendor for my stats. My recommendation is to use StatCounter in conjunction with internal server stats and one other major external stats provider (I won't name here).

About StatCounter