Overall Satisfaction with StorageCraft Cloud Backup
StorageCraft is being resold to my customers. I sell it and manage it. StorageCraft provides tools that not only back up my customers' servers, but also allow me to restore the customer in several different ways. A huge plus of this software is that it provides some of the best protection against Ransomware on the market.
- Easy file and folder backup and restoring.
- Easy file and folder restoring with versioning.
- StorageCraft has great tools that allow you to spin up virtual machines from bare metal backups.
- After buying Gilware, the file and folder backup side of their operation needs to be updated. It's lacking features and hasn't been touched really since the buyout. Also, it does fit into the main Dashboard very well. It's just an iframe that opens another website. It's very clunky.
- The file and folder software also needs a re-work. It also hasn't been changed much from the Gilware software. Although it works great, it lacks options, and doesn't provide a lot of info.
- I really can't think of anything else I dislike about the software or the service. Everything just works for the most part.
- It allows me to providereliable backing to my customers without the headache of constantly tinkering with them.
- StorageCraft just works. You set it and forget it, which saves time, and time is money
- They have the packages priced so that small (like myself), medium, and large companies can afford it.
I haven't used many others, but Acronis is one of them. Acronis seemed to break for me very easily, a problem I don't have with StorageCraft. I couldn't find Macrium in the list, but it also has given me issues that I don't have with StorageCraft. StorageCraft, as I said before, just works, and I don't have to worry about my data.
StorageCraft is the best, in my opinion, when it comes to back up servers with bare metal images. The image manager for sending those files to the cloud is also great. I would have to say the file and folder option,(formally gilware) still needs work. It's just not as reliable or easy to use.