All you need for occasional use
Updated June 28, 2022
All you need for occasional use
Employee in OtherE-Learning Company, 10,001+ employees
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Stormboard
During the increasing remote work, we were faced with the challenges of inefficient online collaboration. We tried several tools to evaluate which tool should be the tool of our choice. One of the tools tested was Stormboard. Stormboard was attractive because the pricing was very competitive. The tool was tested during online workshops, online work, and documentation of user research results. Stormboard shows a lot of good and reliable functionalities that are state of the art among online collaboration tools. The Positive was that Stormboard also offers some functionalities that are not so common among popular competitors, eg. Tasks generation from elements, and report generation. However, there are also some features we missed or saw better implemented in other tools.
- Task generation from elements
- Report generation for subsequent processing of collaboration results
- Sign up flow
- Invite Users and various ways to share access
- Stormboard could update the UI to a more modern and up to date style
- The section structure is not intuitive and is constraining in many situations
- Standard/Must-have features (add an element to the board) are implemented in a non-intuitive way. Stormboard should consider splitting up the "add button" into several buttons. Several clicks are required to add a simple sticky note.
- The board size could be bigger. The size is constraining in many situations.
- Basic board features
- Task reports
- Reports in general are great to export collaboration results in desired format
- + affordable collaboration tool
- - not intuitive enough --> other tools were preferred
- - not flexible enough (section feature was a bummer)
I think the number one argument for Stormboard is the reporting functionality. These various ways of exporting the results of the collaboration in the desired format are something that I have not seen from other tools yet. It really helps to sort and gather the different thoughts on the board. In terms of these niche functionalities, Stormboard is very good. When it comes to some other basic functionalities I would evaluate Stormboard a bit differently. Even though it offers all common functionalities, the functionalities feel a bit less intuitive in comparison to other tools.
Do you think Stormboard delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Stormboard's feature set?
Did Stormboard live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Stormboard go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Stormboard again?
As said, I used Stormboard in close comparison with other tools to find a suitable tool for online collaboration and documentation of workshop results during increasing remote work times. I think Stormboard is totally suitable for this use case. However, I have to say that it was not as strong as expected in comparison to other tools on the market. Thus, I would say that Stormboard is a good choice if the tool is not required daily. For daily use, the tool is not flexible and intuitive enough. For use for some workshops every now and then it fulfills the needs and is probably the right choice because it offers decent pricing. The pricing was an advantage compared to the market leaders.