So far so great!

per month

Team

$9

per user/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://tracking.lucidchart.biz/aff_c?of…

What is Lucidchart?

Lucidchart is a diagramming application that aims to enable teams to clarify complexity, align their insights, and build the future—faster.

The diagramming application within the Lucid visual collaboration suite, Lucidchart is presented as a quick and easy way for individuals and teams to map out their organization’s processes, systems, and people. Since it’s cloud-based, users can work from anywhere, at any time, on any device or browser. This enables users to collaborate and align with teammates to visualize complex ideas and bring those ideas to life.

Lucidchart Features

• Supported: Integrations with industry-leading applications
  • Supported: Real-time collaboration with team
  • Supported: Export and import current diagrams from various systems

Lucidchart Screenshots

Lucidchart Home pageLucidchart IntegrationsLucidchart Pricing

Lucidchart Videos

Lucidchart is the best way to create and share professional diagrams and communicate visually online

Watch Lucidchart: Diagram. Collaborate. Visualize data. All in one platform.

Lucidchart Integrations

Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Alternatives

What is Lucidchart's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Lucidchart?

The most common users of Lucidchart are from Mid-size Companies and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Lucidchart gives us the ability to visualize processes, procedures, and critical issues. It has been instrumental in our brainstorming processes, as well as helped facilitate productivity during virtual meetings because the entire team can see and contribute to what is being discussed. We have used Lucidchart to build out our company's accountability structure, product launch mapping, and integrations between tools. It is a cross-departmental tool that makes organizing thoughts easy.
  • Visualization
  • Organization
  • Clarity of thought
  • More shapes/templates
  • Easy of editing shapes once layered in chart
Lucidchart has helped us diagram organization structures, product development maps, intersections between tools to improve product delivery, as well as agendas for events. This tool can be utilized to make anything visual come to life in a way that is clear to the entire team. It also allows for collaboration amongst the team through easy sharing.
This is an extremely easy platform to understand. With a few clicks of a button you are on your way and able to create successfully with little question or support intervention.
I haven't really had to interact with Lucidchart support yet due to ease of use with the product, but I can imagine they are as intuitive as the product itself.
Marko Prokic | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Lucidchart for more than 6 years, both while I was working in the Retail/Hospitality sector in NCR and now that I work in Jaggaer as a part of the Development team. So, in that sense, neither of my companies used the software, I have always used it on my own in order to create content for work. That being said, I used it to create various Activity diagrams, flowcharts, and process flows. As an example, I've created a detailed activity diagram which consisted of an incident flow within the Service desk; 3 tiers of support, field service, customer service desk, and automated process. it was a complex activity diagram consisting of more than 60 elements.
  • Large number of predefined charts, diagrams, flows
  • A great repository of various symbols and objects
  • The easiness of using and manipulating objects and shapes. There is a lot of auto-editing and adjusting which the software does for you which saves a lot of your time.
  • Easy way of duplicating shapes.
  • While working with the app everything feels organic and natural. You don't get the clunky/limited feeling which happens with some other similar apps.
  • Text manipulation is probably the area which needs the most improvement. Although it's intuitive, it doesn't always feel so natural and easy when you want to change specific text, especially if the text is within a shape. The best way I can describe it: Sometimes it is cumbersome and not precise.
  • This is a really minor thing, moving the whole page while zoomed out could be handled better. Instead of some kind of "free flow" which is implemented now, more practical way of controlling would be by dragging the whole page.
Incredibly good tool for various types of Activity diagrams, flowcharts and even timelines.

Whether you are a student or you work in a big corporate team, this software offers dozens of diagram types, hundreds of objects to select from and it it really doesn't cost much . I love how it manipulates shapes/objects and connections thus saving you time by not forcing you to manually adjust every item. The objects looks nice and you can create some really professional diagrams. Free version offers 60 objects per diagram which is fair enough. It has predefined themes if you are in a rush and you don’t have enough time to play with colors and effects. This is my favorite diagram tool.

Text manipulation of the diagram object is somewhat cumbersome and not precise.
Even if you are a complete beginner, the platform offers you advices and short tutorials on how to do stuff. It's user friendly, intuitive and rather easy to use. It's a big plus if you already have experience with activity diagrams and flowcharts, but it's not a requirement.
Fortunately, I haven't encountered any bugs or issues that I couldn't resolve by myself or by using the in-app help manual/tutorial.
Most of my team uses [Microsoft] Visio. I, however, love Lucidchart because it allows me to not only convert their files into Lucidchart but [also] completely redesign them and manage them the way I need to. We like diagramming here, it helps to paint a better picture in mind of the network. I love the program and feel like it is at its best right now. I mainly use it to diagram network gear and how it connects in our data centers.
  • Excellent file conversion from Visio and vice versa
  • Intrepid tools with [a] great selection of hubs, devices, nodes, etc.
  • Ease of use (simple like nothing else is)
  • [In my opinion,] if there is one thing, perhaps it would be to slap Microsoft in the face a little harder.
  • [Microsoft] Visio is ok, but don't try to copy them or re-invent the networking diagram world by becoming greater than [Microsoft] Visio.
It never fails! If I need to satisfy an audit and provide [a] detailed description of where my devices are and how they connect, I can do that with Lucidchart. I can easily type text anywhere on the screen and feel like a boss working the program.
The learning curve is non-existent. Again, this is coming from someone familiar with diagrams, but anyone with basic knowledge of computers can pick this up. Much like a video game, the [more] you explore, the more you learn and discover. The more you learn and discover, the greater you become at Lucidchart. It is truly a masterpiece of [a] software.
I am giving it a 10 - because it is not fair of me to do less when I do not have much experience with the support. I once had to open a ticket with them and the issue was resolved super fast and it was really only a question. So, I cannot say exactly how they operate, but I am guessing they are awesome at what they do since their software is such a masterpiece.
  • no training
Lucidchart started with a smaller group at our organization and will be rolling out to all in 2022. On the Revenue Enablement team, we use it for current and future org chart planning, to outline responsibilities, and a way to identify gaps. We also work closely with other departments to deliver training and enablement on process documentation. Lucidchart makes it very easy to outline a complex process quickly and efficiently. As we scale as a company we are able to use Lucidchart to build out foundation charts that are easily updated as things change and grow with just a few clicks.
  • Collaboration ease between team member and other departments.
  • Tabs to create many pages off a master chart.
  • Pre-build templates to build from quickly.
  • Desktop Application.
  • Translate options.
We have been able to build our scrum-like sprints for my team to use for understanding priorities, what was not completed and a place to connect without having to always set up a meeting or zoom in to collaborate on high ticket tasks. We also have been able to use this chart to share with other teams for them to have visibility into what we are focusing on with ease and transparency. This has been ideal with a global extended team as it can be difficult to get everyone to be able to connect at one time.
I rated this tool an 8, for the most part, it is very intuitive but there are little things that take time to get used to our find. Such as some of the shortcuts for content formatting. I struggled to figure out how to create a bullet point and ended up having to google to figure that out. We have been sharing as a team any small wins that have been helpful as we get to understand the tool more and its capabilities. Sometimes there are almost too many options which can make it overwhelming.
We have not used support much yet so I don't have a rating to give at this time.
Ricardo Trigueros | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Lucidchart to dynamically map a technology roadmap for the Finance Organization. I love how I can dynamically map key processes and how they are all interrelated. I love how the arrows indicating process flows automatically link up to other steps in the process. It is very easy to share the process maps through PDF, links or also importing into Google Suite.
  • Export to PDF.
  • Templates.
  • Seamlessly mapping processes.
  • Integration with MS Office products.
Lucidchart is well suited to road-mapping key processes and sharing them in a collaborative setting through PDF or other cloud-based links. Lucidchart is very easy to learn and integrates into other tools in Google Suite, for example. There is also a feature to import data which many users will find very helpful.
Very easy to quickly learn the functionality and is very similar to other ecosystems. I love how there are tons of preformatted graphics and the arrows are super fun and easy to map to other steps in the process. Most features are very standardized and the help menu is also an important resource.
I love the help menu as they walk the user through complex situations step by step by easily showing how to find features, shortcuts, and also access training to become an expert user. Most of the features are very standardized and so the learning curve is not hard at all for Lucidchart.
December 16, 2021

So far so great!

Britt Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is being used at our organization to map out requirements we collect for products we are trying to build. It's a collaborative tool that allows us to get everything down and then organize it in a way that makes sense and makes it easy to understand, track, and rearrange information. Prior to Lucidchart, we struggled with going between Google docs or Sheets both of which are [a] great tools but don't have the same amount of flexibility in their UI or templates that can be used to do product diagramming.
  • collaboration
  • diagramming
  • flexibility
  • intuitive design
  • slack integrations
  • N/A
I think Lucidchart is well suited for digital whiteboarding, data lineage diagramming, and mapping out business requirements. I think it's less suited to collecting feedback and writing lengthier text.
Lucidchart is pretty easy to use in my opinion. Most buttons are where you would expect them to be and most icons accurately depict the action you can expect to perform when clicking a button. The user and folder management settings are easy to implement and understand. It also has an easy-to-integrate Slack app which comes which pretty useful functionality.
I haven't had a need for much support, but every interaction I have had with someone at Lucidchart has been pleasant.
Ryan Merrell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Within our organization, Lucidchart is the tool most often used as a first-line resource when starting a project or diving into a problem. It is used across the company broadly by all teams in all capacities from product and project to implementation, customer service, and account management. It provides a single, centralized location where all team members can work together collaboratively to solve a problem or brainstorm alternative strategies.
  • Process mapping
  • Collaboration
  • Workflow mapping
  • Shape Library Management
  • Template Library Expansion
  • Continued development on layer functionality
We spend a lot of time building out workflows, process maps, and collaborating with stakeholders across our internal teams and throughout the company. Lucidchart is extremely effective in managing these processes. We have found that any time we need to start brainstorming on a problem or working through a specific scenario, our default procedure is to open a shared Lucidchart/Lucidspark board that everyone can be collaborating together in. It has proved especially useful during COVID as our team was entirely virtual and allowed for that interaction as if we were all in the room together.
Lucidchart is extremely easy to use and users are able to jump right in and get started almost immediately with little to no training. The only reason I didn't score it higher was that it is so easy to use that often I think that tends to leave users operating on the surface instead of diving deep into all the added functionality that is available with Lucidchart. There are so many more things which you can do when using this tool, after only a little training and education but I don't know how many users ever figure out all the capabilities.
I was extremely impressed by the response I received from the Lucidchart rep assigned to our account, not long after establishing my account. They reached out, explained their role, and offered to set up some time with me directly to walk through the product and help me better understand the different capabilities as they might pertain to what I would be doing.
Jay Rogan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucidchart to plot our processes and plans so that everyone involved is on the same page. It's a great way to visualize what needs to happen at every step of the way. Sometimes a Google Doc doesn't do enough to convey a complex process, especially when that process happens over time. Having a flow chart makes it a lot easier to understand the relationship of each of the steps and everyone's role in them. We use it for mapping out customer journeys from sales into our product and beyond. It also works great for documenting tech aspects of the company and product planning. I've used a few other flowcharting software, and this is the best I've tried.
  • Mapping out customer journeys.
  • Describing product flows prior to developing features
  • Documenting the tech stack or relationships in the database for documentation
  • Sometimes I have issues with text sizing
  • Would love to see a less rigid way of connecting objects for certain styles of flows
I feel like I covered this a few times, but Lucidchart is great for mapping user flows, building tech docs, and planning feature development. It should not be used for every single document a team creates...not everything needs a flow chart. Also, I sometimes wish I could get a little more creative with what comes out of it, things feel very rigid and business-like...sometimes I'd prefer a more flexible tool if I was building a flow out for a product team and wanted to inspire them with a little pizzazz.
It's pretty simple to use. Most software users can just pick it up and start creating something, whatever their goal might be. Though sometimes I feel like parts of it try to do too much and the interface gets a bit cluttered...but I do understand that could be hard to manage when you have such a robust platform.
Helpful videos and documentation. I have not had to reach out to any of the support team, so I'm not sure what that experience is like.
Nitesh Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Lucidchart to collaborate with my teammates to draw special process mapping and process flow visualization. It's being used individually by some team members within our organization. It addresses many problems like better progress mapping, visualization, and sharing it with others.
  • Better understanding of complex process flow diagrams and charts
  • Sharing the charts with others
  • Sometimes the size of the diagram is not reflected the same for all the users. Maybe it is a wrong use of the tool, but then it should be more clear what size are seeing the users.
  • Icon sets for electrical work seem limited.
Lucidchart is well suited when it comes to making simpler charts by using huge data and collaboratively working with teams. Lucidchart is less appropriate when it comes to making very technical charts or diagrams like the electrical circuit diagrams.
It is intuitive. Charts prepared are very expressive, and help communicate an idea quickly and efficiently. Lucidchart makes abstract ideas or designs concrete with minimal effort and is an excellent way to make efficient and usable engineering documentation quickly.
It is intuitive, very easy to use, has many templates to choose from, and better user experience and integration.
November 09, 2021

Lucidchart is Awesome!

Lucidchart is being used in multiple areas of the college in various ways. We use it for organizational charting, project charting, programming work, mind mapping, and other work. This program is extremely flexible and provides an effective and efficient way for the college to perform a wide range of tasks that would take much longer using other tools. Updating charts is easier as well, because once the structure is built, we need to just update the sheet feeding the chart, and then refresh the chart and the information is up to date. Plus, we can publish the information in a variety of ways to share with stakeholders at varying levels. Lucidchart is an exceptional diagramming application!
  • Quick updates to existing charts
  • Publishing options
  • Project Management work breakdown structures
  • Organizational charts
  • More colorization options
  • More templates for project management
  • Easier way to link cells to blocks
  • More flexibility in modifying templates
Lucidchart is well suited for organizational charting, work breakdown structures, and mind mapping. I would like to see additional project management tool templates to expand the usage of my work in the project management office.
The program is fairly easy to use, but does have some restrictions on the templates and tools that make it more difficult to learn. The program does, however, provide a large number of videos and informational clips to provide all the information that is needed. It is intuitive, but I did have to read and watch more videos than I might normally have to for some programs to learn how to use it. However, it is quite easy to learn for how complex the program actually is.
I have rarely needed support, but when I have, the support has been prompt and effective.
Joydeep Sengupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucidchart for diagramming and making flowcharts. I use it for technical posters, informational flyers, and such as well. It's very easy to use and I have been using it for a long, long time when it was a part of Google Docs and it was super simple to add diagrams and flowcharts to Google Docs and Slides directly without going to any other tool and doing it. That's when I started using it and since then I use it for most of my Google Docs diagrams. I am not sure what business problems there are, but it does help in getting some useful work done.
  • Diagramming
  • Flow Charts
  • Informational Posters
  • The quality and aesthetics of the templates provided can improve, they right now are monotonous, it would be good to improve those in terms of modern look and feel.
Lucidchart is easy to use and its similarity with Google Docs allows our programmers to easily learn and create diagrams and such for documentation. I think it has everything one needs and it's a free tool and the integration with Google Docs is super helpful. I don't know any other tool which can do all this.
Yeah because it's similar to Google Slides and so the learning curve is less, and it's easier for most of the teammates to start using it. Even the developers find it simple to use. Overall usability is good and it's easy to learn and use, no problem in that part.
Maybe, I am not the right person to answer this question mentioned here as I have never talked to or contacted the LucidChart customer service team or raised any service ticket for any reason ever. So I am not sure I would be able to answer this question correctly as I have never used their support.
November 09, 2021

Lucidchart: Easy to use

Merin Paul | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Lucidchart to represent and visualize our tasks and dashboards. It helps to create new documents by using existing templates. It is really easy to understand and visualize our achievements and boards. It can be used to create graphs and dynamic representations of values using charts. They have a wide range of templates so we can directly use this.
  • For sprint and task board
  • For small chart with existing values
  • Flow chart and diagram creation
  • Dynamic dashboards
  • Dynamic fetching/ updating values from data sources
  • Could have better visualization
Suited for - Flow chart and diagram creation, Task board
Not Suited for - Dynamic value, fetching dashboards
It has pre-existing templates for each use case. It is very easy to use.
I didn't face any support related issues yet.
We make use of the software in a number of ways. My first application was mapping org charts of our clients and prospects. This provided a visual reference we could use to determine lines of communication, who to reach out to for meetings, and which team members would be involved in the decision process on projects. We have also used it to visualize workflow for real world activities, and also for custom software development projects. Charting out the workflow provides clarity, and often reveals areas for improvement. Most recently we have been using it for renewable energy system design layouts and wiring diagrams. Providing clients and installers with a design layout that is easy to follow and identifies all the required electrical components and where they belong in the system.
  • Visual layout of renewable energy systems and electrical circuits.
  • Workflow diagrams showing pathway options through to final resolve.
  • Org charts to enable sales and support teams to better manage communications.
  • Fast and simple to use with minimal training time.
  • Icon sets for electrical work seem limited.
  • Repeated pop ups asking you to upgrade - a "maybe later" option to stop this from appearing every single time you select a premium feature.
While easy to use, Lucidchart is best handled by staff who are more on the creative side, and with good visualization skills. To stay time effectively in use you should have a clear idea drafted and a goal in mind for the chart. It's a great tool, but a lot of time could be wasted trying to chart something without enough forethought being put into the project and why you need a chart, and what concept you looking for clarity on. So for example, when we draft a renewable energy system, we have the basic list of components and layout in a rough draft. We use Lucidchart to create a finished drawing with labeling, color coding, and the wiring connections. This provides a presentation quality document for review, and any changes determined in conversations are easily made to the chart.
Amazingly simple and intuitive to use. Essentially drag and drop usage and standard mouse activity for most functions. Custom icons are possible but the stock sets included cover 95% of common usage. My background includes many years working as a trainer for both staff and clients in the software industry. Lucidchart has created one of the simplest user interfaces I have seen. Basic items like organization charting can be completed in minutes with no training required for most people.
Fransisca Andriani | TrustRadius Reviewer
The team that I am working in mainly uses Lucidchart to explain about architecture, data flow, software design, etc. It is very useful for knowledge sharing as explaining using words is often not enough. Additionally, Lucidchart can be used in our documentation to explain stuff for the reader. The template and functionalities that Lucidchart provide is also very relevant to our needs.
  • Providing relevant templates
  • Ease to use
  • Nice UX
  • Loading time
  • Responsiveness
  • Stability
We can use Lucidchart to explain data flow, software architecture, software design, etc. to our colleagues and in presentation. Also, we can use it as a documentation/source of truth to software diagrams. I think some of the scenarios that are less suitable to use Lucidchart is when you draw something in real time because it's not that fast to create a good diagram.
In my opinion, Lucidchart is fairly easy to use for tech savvy users. However, it might take sometime to learn to use it for the less tech savvy user. I foresee that the templates provided might also give boost for new user to get used to how Lucidchart works though.
I have not got a chance to actually use the support for Lucidchart yet. However, I frequently see emails regarding updates on Lucidchart and whatnot. I think finding the support function in the apps itself will be fairly easy as well. I will give fairly high score, but it might be higher once I get the chance to use it.
Victor Pérez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Within my organization, this tool is commonly used for 2 purposes:
1- For processes documentation (flow charts is an easy way to document how a process works or any improvement may required)
2- For solving issues (by creating flow charts that shows the proposal)

Definetely Lucidchart is a pretty good option when flowcharts are needed.
  • Flowcharts
  • Project Management
  • Problem solution
  • Processing documentation
  • None
Creation of flowcharts when a process needs to be documented or perform any kind of changes to a process already done. Another scenario is problem-solving via flowcharts, definitely, this is one of the best uses we can find for Lucidchart. This kind of tool is a must for any company.
One of the things that I like the most about Lucidchart, is the friendly appearance given that most of the flowcharts' tools are rigid, inflexible and, old-fashion appearance. Also contains only the buttons needed to perform any task instead of making it complex. Definitely, Lucidchart is one of the most intuitive apps I have used.
Lucidchart is a full app, intuitive, friendly and cheap. It is helpful to any kind of company despite the business, given that flowcharts are commonly used by any organization in order to document processes, problem-solving and process improvement. For this and many other things, I do not doubt to rate 10 to Lucidchart.
Arnaldo Corzo Ferrer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucidchart across the whole organization. It can be used between engineers to describe the architecture of a solution, or between engineers and business/operations to describe processes and systems relationships. It provides a 'standard' way of visual communication between all teams and contributors. Being an adaptable tool allows different specialists to provide this visual information and yet keep the standard benefit. It integrates perfectly with most of the tools present in the daily cycle of an engineer's team (at least in our case). Slack, Jira, DevOps, Teams, etc, all have perfect integration with Lucidchart making it easier to allow all the helpful information created within the tool to be shareable in messages, board tasks, stories, etc. Wherever you need your chart to be, you can put it there. Being a serverless solution also allows non-technical contributors to install other software in their machines. They can do what they need to do from anywhere online, and from engineers that usually have dozens of different tools, [Lucidchart] is a free spot for a tool that you're going to use a lot! You just open a new tab and there you are, creating a new helpful diagram.
  • Serverless. You don't need to install another program to create diagrams, you just open a new tab and there you are, ready to go.
  • Collaboration. You don't need to update your colleague diagram by creating a new file and creating a new file version, you both are in the same diagram and you and all the team are free to update it at any time, at the same time, you are seeing the same thing. That is really helpful and time-saving.
  • Shapes. It has any shape that you can think of and [Lucidchart] is always updating them, I can create an Azure solution architecture, an AWS one, an old on-premise solution. Or just put standard shapes to describe a business process. Providing so many specific shapes help the diagram to express specific information, and for specific teams, that's less text and more visual information, you don't need to put a text below a standard database shape (this is an Azure SQL database), you just put the azure shape and done. That....is beautifully helpful.
  • Diagram Size. Some times had happened that the size of the diagram is not reflected for all the users, maybe is a wrong use of the tool, but then it should be ore clear what size are seeing the users. Because sharing a chart and then other users enters and they can not reed even letters is really annoying.
  • Individual Pricing. I think is really a awesome that they have the free option, and that it provides all the important features, I'm really grateful for that. But, at the same time, I think the could provide a way of 'paying for extra document' instead of just paying directly a fixed amount. Maybe the user just need this fourth chart to have and yet he needs to pay for having the unlimited option.
  • Multiple accounts option or Workspaces. I would benefit a lot for a similar Workplace Slack experience for Lucid, companies are starting to use a lot Lucid and at some point start to being annoying logout and login again with different accounts, I think Slack and other tools have resolved this pretty well and Lucid could follow this as lessons learned.
For a software engineer team, [Lucidchart] is an amazing tool to have (and I go with this example because it's my daily scenario). Instead of having 10k lines of readme files trying to explain how a whole solution works, or just having and maintaining hundreds of pdf files hanging around the whole organization drive; Lucidchart provides a serverless solution for resolving any diagram requirement by just opening a new tab in your browser. Also, it completely satisfies the 'exquisite' requirement of software developers in terms of shapes. Do you want to put an AWS lambda shape? You have it. An Azure function? You have it. A docker container? You have it. You have any shape that you want there, and if a new tool appears tomorrow, you just wait a few weeks, and it's going to be there. You can rely so much information on the visual 'powers' of this tool, you can create a specific diagram for your always specific solutions, and architectures and trust that the person who will be reading it understands those specifications by just a first glance of the diagram, and not need to look at text specifying which tool you used for something.
Really easy to use, and being serverless also helps a lot in that. So the first thumb up, no need of installing anything, it's just another tab in your browser. The UI is really simple, you have everything that you need at hand, and when searching more advanced tools, like searching a specific shape, it's just a matter of a few clicks. [Lucidchart] has multiple well-made integrations that make the process of sharing the charts way easier and make them accessible to other contributors.
We haven't had problems with the tool so we haven't made use of the support itself; but, at the same time, the community is growing and there is plenty of information when you have a question around how to do something. That is a benefit when the tool is highly adopted for more and more companies, you have a mature enough community behind scenes creating helpful content around how to use the tool in multiple ways.
November 03, 2021

Level-Up with Lucidchart

Julie Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
The sales enablement team is leveraging Lucidchart to build the entire enablement and training roadmap, which is being shared with leadership, sales, product, customer success, and marketing teams. We've created functional and organizational org charts, process diagrams and workflow, content, curricula and certification mapping to visually communicate the strategy of our 4 pillars of sales enablement.
  • Intuitive app that's easy to use. Many templates with instructions on how to use them make it so easy to get started.
  • Collaboration is awesome. Ability to allow editors or just view-only access is key. Makes cross-functional teaming so easy.
  • The ability to export to PDF, PPT, and numerous image file formats is particularly useful.
  • It's super simple to create a custom color scheme so diagrams can easily be customized.
  • It would be nice to be able to lock-down editing as needed and provide versions.
Lucidchart is for anyone who needs a way to visually represent their work. Yes, that's intentionally broad because this tool is useful for anyone at any level and any position in an organization. A sales rep can use the tool to document their workflow process for working through an internet lead all the way through closing the deal. An executive can use the tool to map out org strategy to present to the board.
The templates Lucidchart has right out of the box make this tool so incredibly easy to use. Each template guides you through step-by-step how to use it. The toolbar looks just like any of the familiar Microsoft apps and it's super simple to find what you're looking for. Zero formal training is needed.
We started off with trial individual accounts and when we created a team account, the support for moving them over was seamless and very easy.
Tracy Greene | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is used for mapping business processes for our clients, current state, and future state. We also use it to diagram entity relationships and system landscapes. Internally we use Lucidchart to build flowcharts to design our solutions to hand off to the configuration team. It is used across the organization to diagram internal processes.
  • Wide variety of shapes.
  • Industry templates
  • Automatic
  • Automatic yes and no branches on decision symbol.
  • Automatically save most used shapes.
  • Better ability to fit to page.
  • Easier navigation to team folders.
Lucidchart is well suited for any process involving more than one actor or flow that has multiple decisions. It's less appropriate for single-step diagrams.
I was able to create diagrams the first time using Lucidchart without reading any documentation or using the help button.
Lucidchart asked me what I was missing to do my job as a Salesforce Solution Architect, and they listened by providing the tools I needed.
November 02, 2021

Charting the future

Lucidchart is used by me to describe a process flow. I use it for college homework along with business development applications to describe the flow of inbound leads and the research to marketing publishing flow. Both the sales and business unit managers for my group use it to map out the organizational flow of people as well as the process flow of a project for presentations. Using Lucidchart is an easy way to present a customized flow chart for presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
  • Organizational Flowchart
  • Easily customizable
  • Customized process flowcharts
  • The copy and paste functions were trick at first.
Lucidchart is well suited to describing the steps in a process in an easy-to-read, customizable format. Lucidchart is also an excellent tool for making flow charts for organizational management. In both cases, it presents well in an easy-to-read format and it is easy to quickly build a professional-looking visual aid for your next meeting.
I gave Lucidchart a 9 out of 10 on the easy-to-use rating because although I am computer and software savvy, I had to take a few missteps to get my first chart done. Since then though, I have found it easy to use and the templates and tools are great. I have not had the chance to use them all yet but I am sure to find even more uses for it in the next few months.
I was able to get added to my company's license quickly and had no issues with getting questions answered on how to get started.
The tools is being used to map the processes our team will use to implement a solution for a client. This provides the our team and the client with a visual aid when discussing the project. Ultimately, this outlines all of the elements in play during the project, all of the day-to-day business process that may or may not be impacted during the project, and gives the client the opportunity to point out any missing elements or considerations prior to execution.
  • Provides all participating parties working on a project with extreme clarity.
  • Shows the connection between all elements at each stage of a project (this is typically missed when not using a tool like Lucidchart)
  • Assists in employee onboarding/training, as the tool is useful for outlining standard operating procedures.
  • Allows for quick modification to existing process/project maps (since it is drag and drop)
  • The navigation for adding shapes is a little clunky. I would like to see a set of standard shapes comparable to Visio.
  • Allow for comments/callouts similar to Visio. I like that it inserts comments in a box (on-screen) that are attached to the object you are calling our. It add a layer of clarity that I believe gets lost when using the typical comment bar.
  • Allow for grouping of objects by a Tag. It would be cool to select a tag and highlight elements that are owned by a certain individual/tool/software on a project/process, are at certain points/phases of a project, etc.
  1. Lucid chart is fantastic for project management when multiple parties are involved. It has the ability to be as high-level as you want it or very technical/low-level.
  2. It is great for onboarding and training new employees, as it shows the employee their role and where it fits into the grand-scheme of things.
  3. It is great for personal management. I have used to be a daily task list broken into sections.
  4. It is great for mapping out automations to make sure you have all the required resources prior to building them (saves time)
There are some features that are a little difficult to find/navigate. However, the features that are easy to navigate/use are phenomenal.
I have never had to reach out to support.
Lucid Chart is used across all of our Engineering projects to create a high level and intuitive view of a software or hardware design, an engineering solution, or an Engineering problem.
  • It is intuitive
  • A quick Lucid chart is very expressive, communicating an idea quickly and efficiently
  • Lucid Charts make abstract ideas or designs concrete with minimal effort
  • Lucid charts are an excellent way to make efficient and usable engineering documentation quickly
  • Lucid charts could make aligning Icons more exact and intuitive for better spaced and formatted charts
  • it make be better to have a larger variety of points on icons to connect arrows to
  • I may have missed it, but an option to choose the increments on the "snap to" alignment grid
It is great for creating initial engineering designs, but it may need some work in the areas I mentioned to make more fine and detailed final designs for an engineering project. I think that it would also be good for creating charts to describe business analytics or general business diagrams, but I hav not used it for this purpose.
I was able to create and understand Lucid charts immediately, there was almost no learning curve stopping me from expressing the ideas I wanted to express in a Lucid Chart.
I give it a high rating based mostly off of its usability, and effectiveness.
My company has licenses for our entire Engineering department to use LucidChart. The solve was to provide a centralized location for Engineers to share and collaborate on many different diagrams, charts, and process flows. Previously we were decentralized and had no good way to collaborate on technical diagrams. We also had too much inconsistency between our diagrams, with each Engineer producing a different style and format (by using different diagraming software). LucidChart has solved many of these problems and has helped our Engineers convey a more professional, cohesive appearance.
  • Sharing and collaboration of technical diagrams
  • Provides many styles and templates which match most use-cases
  • Easy to use, intuitive
  • Better filtering, sorting, and grouping of diagram elements
  • More friendly and easier to understand menu presentation
  • Easier to use interface for browsing templates
LucidChart is great for general use cases. It is easy to rapidly prototype ideas and the templates are great when working with specific architectures. It is also great for when collaboration and sharing are paramount. There are other superior options for cloud-based architecture and anything where diagram elements require lengthy or detailed descriptions of the node and it's function.
Overall I believe LucidChart is an excellent offering for medium to large business types. I am a junior engineer with minimal experience with diagramming software. Coming in with this background, I found LucidChart to be very user-friendly for a beginner, and it's group collaboration features to be quite helpful in learning more about both the company's software architecture and how to use diagramming software. I would recommend LucidChart to any colleague or business exploring similar software solutions.
So far I have not had any issues getting any support for LucidChart. However, I have not had any issues which would have required support from a LucidChart team member. Being as such, I can only say that I am indifferent on the issue.
I use Lucidchart for a visual representation of processes and workflows in my department. It helps understand the flow of work from start to finish. I specifically use swim lanes to show the workflow from one department to another. Each swim lane can represent either a specific department, a workgroup, or even an organization. It helps me create a functional flow chart to explain the process flow easily to people.
  • The UI is easy to understand and learn.
  • Adding shapes was straightforward. No special command is necessary. Just click and drag was all that was needed.
  • The flow arrows sometimes are hard to edit. It has a mind of its own and certain adjustments are required to get the arrows I need.
Lucidchart was actually recommended by a colleague of mine. He has been using it for a few years and when I was looking for software for my needs, I got introduced to Lucidchart. It did not take much time for me to learn the software. It was straightforward and easy to use all the tools. I would say that's where Lucidchart is well suited and ready for use. It is useful in most scenarios where a flowchart is necessary to represent a process/workflow visually.
I was really looking for software to create a flow chart as my current task required a visual representation of a process flow that can reach all audiences. It was easy to learn the software and took very little time to get used to the tools and saved me a lot of time overall. I will recommend Lucidchart to anyone who is looking for a good tool to visually present their workflow.
I will give this an 8 as I haven't had any issues and haven't contacted anyone and tried to use the support portal as I didn't require any support as of today. This is because the software is straightforward and has given me no issues to date. I will definitely contact support if I do face issues but right now I have no issues to deal with.
Lucidchart is being used to update all of our Operation Procedures. We recently installed a new MRP system, and therefore our systems have changed. Each department head has completed a small volume of training but is now completely competent to use Lucidchart - it really is so easy! It is very easy to create the skeleton of your process, then go back and modify bits and add the meat to the bones, the fine details, etc.
  • Flexibility
  • Standardising documents by creating templates
  • Good selection of symbols
  • Cost
  • User license restrictions
Lucidchart is great at what it's designed for - creating flow charts. The flexibility and ease of use are what sets it apart from the rest. I really struggled to add some details on 'room for improvements' I really like the software. I like the volume of different options you have for adding the small details - either via hidden notes, or large bodies of text, a mix of linking to other documents.
[Lucidchart] is great to use and easy to create charts. However there are a couple items to improve here. The manner in which documents are saved and displayed is not so simple. Also the fact in live documents, anyone with a license for modification can accidently adjust the live documents - there appears to be no independent QC required for publishing of documents.
My senior manager says he has only had great support from [Lucidchart]. However I have not experienced it myself as not been needed. The training videos are great too.
November 01, 2021

Familiar and efficient

We are using [Lucidchart] to draw process diagrams and database information flow. The process flows can be also drawn by using Excel, Word, or Powerpoint. However, Lucid speeds things up. The diagrams are easy to draw with predefined library items. The chart elements can be auto arranged. Furthermore, the library of icons is big enough so that users do not need to google down icons.
  • The library of icons and elements are big enough.
  • It makes the work fast and efficient.
  • It's easy to learn.
  • Sometimes auto-arrange does not correctly align the project diagrams.
  • It requires more effort and experience to properly use connection points to connect two objects.
  • Default shapes included can be more colorful, keeping business users in mind
We use [Lucidchart] for a multitude of tasks across the whole business. we create IT System architecture diagrams for sales and clients projects, office layouts, process planning, mind maps, all sorts. I like its flexibility and the number of templates and "stock" pictures etc. available.
Process mapping - as with system drawing our process maps and drag and drop [are] easily connected and easily modified.
Excellent product. The automatic spacing of items on a page makes a [Lucidchart] project look sleek and professional with little effort. The pre-loaded shapes and symbols in Visio are consistent with what is being taught in business tools for appropriately flowing processes, so it takes the guesswork out of representing processes correctly.