Lucidchart Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Mandy Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use complex processes for our recruitment firm which flows over into different software tools. We use Lucidchart to map out the flowchart as well as the process for our company. Our processes and productivity are impressive as everything is recorded and updated. This is where Lucidchart is extremely helpful. It is easy for us to update our processes and share this with the team. The program is very easy to use, intuitive and organisation/team friendly. I have tried their competitors but found Lucidchart to be the most user friendly, value for money and less cumbersome when you need to update charts.
  • Creating flowcharts for processes
  • Creating processes especially for induction and training. Some people learn easier with a step by step visual diagram
  • Nothing to add. We are happy with the way it is.
Process flows and training for us is the most beneficial usage of Lucidchart.
Read Mandy Jones's full review
David Cassel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, we use LucidChart for a variety of actions, mostly working on draft business process flows with our clients. The best thing here is that we can collaborate with our customers fairly easily, as almost all of them have Lucidchart as well. Combine that with the live viewing of their cursor, and we can sit in the same room even (or remotely) and edit things together. Otherwise, since the interface loads so quickly, it's nice to use to put together quick annotated pictures and Powerpoint style presentations. All our departments use it equally, but it's definitely more utilized by our technical architects and business analysts.
  • The program just seems to work. What I mean by this is that there's no hesitation or stutter (even on low-end hardware).
  • The collaboration features are incredible. Just like google docs, you can see the other person's cursor and share document space this way. Also, it backs up stuff in Google Drive, so you can always just share those files separately if they don't have Lucidchart for whatever reason.
  • File support. Any type of importing file (VISIO or even BPMN) can be pushed into the system and it supports images too!
  • The dumping of files into Google Docs is not something that is configurable (to the best of my knowledge) and people with limited storage might want to stop that feature.
  • I'd like to see more support for touch drawing, as it's a little buggy on my surface pro at the moment.
  • The dotted boundary when you push an object over the borderline (for a new page) is a little annoying, and this could be fixed to be a continuous grid (with scaling).
Lucidchart can be utilized by anyone who can use a mouse and keyboard. The barrier for entry is very low to make useful diagrams and to share them with friends. The cool thing about this is that you can start out small (tiny diagrams with a couple of friends) and then scale this up with multiple pages, BPMN diagrams, Use Case diagrams, and whatever you want. They provide the tools for any type of diagram in existence, and you can really get creative with the platform.
It's maybe less useful where you need very strict control on where the docs are saved, because as I understand it only works with google drive? I'd imagine something like a SharePoint integration would be ideal, but I'm not sure if this is doable already or if it takes some setup.
Read David Cassel's full review
Stephen Kirschenmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucidchart to map out and organize our business processes. The majority of the processes that we use Lucidchart for are to map out are our integrations between various business platforms. Some examples include the integration between our purchasing platform and our ERP, as well as our Point Of Sale system with our ERP. Finance & IT are the two departments that use the software.
  • It's easy to learn. I got started with no training.
  • It's easy to share/collaborate on files/documents.
  • They have a large variety of shapes and default templates to help you get started.
  • It is extremely difficult to export the files in a way that's easy to print on standard A4/ 8.5x11 printer paper.
For my company, Lucidchart is well suited for visualizing complex workflows and/or business process. Simple or complex org charts are much easier to make in Lucidchart than in Powerpoint.
I haven't tried it, but I don't think this would be a good replacement for presentation software, such as PPT or Prezi.
Read Stephen Kirschenmann's full review
Lucidchart has been a handy tool over the last few years of my career. As a designer, I use it during my day to day work to create user flows. All the organizations I had worked with use/had used Lucidchart. It helps us quickly define the various paths we discuss into a visual form for someone else to promptly follow and refer to, thereby reducing the time taken to explain the process in person.
  • The templates provided are nice starter points and are thought-provoking.
  • All the basic tools are available quickly and can be easily discovered.
  • The templates are although good, don't provide more value that inspiration.
  • Lack of compatibility with other apps like Visio is a minus.
Lucidchart is a great starter tool for someone who quickly wants to make a flowchart or layout plan. I have seen some creative approaches to use Lucidchart to make artworks inspired by floor plans and organizational structures. I primarily use it to create flowcharts on the go. The infinite canvas also helps as a thinking ground.
We use Lucidchart to draw quick flowcharts to map out ideas, signal flows for technical requirements and also to sketch up visual descriptions of what we are proposing to clients. It allows our technical staff to draw diagrams to show other technical staff what their plans for a particular event might be. Explaining these plan via email often causes misunderstandings, but having a visual aid drawn with Lucidchart attached as well improved this a lot.
  • Quick user interface - It is very easy to draw diagrams that look good.
  • Easy to learn - The basics are very easy to learn, 5 minutes training and you can be drawing. That being said, there is plenty of depth for those who need more complex functions.
  • The arrows and leaders are smart - In some chart software, the arrows and leaders don't find their way around the other items on the page, leading to lots of time spent on "Arrow management." Lucidchart does this pretty well automatically.
  • The pop-up box to add another element to your flow chart is super useful, great for getting ideas out quickly.
  • For us, the lack of audio flow and video flow symbols is a bit of a pain. We have imported our own images, etc. to use, but some built-in ones would be nice.
Lucidchart is great for collaboration, sharing and presenting ideas, process mock ups, signal flow diagrams, organisation charts. To be honest, we use Lucidchart for making basic flowcharts quickly. It does a lot more than that but we don't fully utilise all of the features, so far though all the features that we have used have proven to be very easy to use.
Lucidchart is used by just a few teams within our organization for specific uses - flow charts and org charts - which it does very well. I was looking for a lightweight diagramming tool to map out processes that was smart but not too rigid to be customized, and powerful but without a crazy learning curve.
  • Organizational charts
  • Floor plan / office layout planning
  • Process mapping
  • Storage space quota visibility
  • Photo management
Great for simple sketching and publishing for clear communication to our team or to the board. The boxes, lines, clip art library, and photo inputs make for very nice presentations.

It's not powerful enough for actual construction blueprints, or serious graphic design. You'll want a stronger piece of software for those situations.
We have recently implemented Lucidchart across a few different departments - marketing, product, engineering, and sales. It has been a great decision and has helped us in creating dynamic charts that we have presented to everyone from companies and execs we are selling, to our investors to internal use. It has been a great experience.
  • Great dynamic chart creation.
  • Ability to have other people contribute and collaborate.
  • A huge variety of charts that can be created for every type of need.
  • Onboarding is a bit challenging.
  • It requires some time to get used to and figure out how to use it.
  • Occasionally we have errors when trying to share charts.
I think its a wonderful solution for when you need a chart or a graph that's elaborate but still needs to be visually clean and easy to understand. we have used it across different teams and for very different needs (think sales vs engineers) but everyone has adopted it and has been using it consistently.
I work in a relatively new company, so not only is policy constantly being altered, but so is our org chart for who is who. Our attrition is high, so we are constantly moving people around in office positions. Lucidchart makes it easy to update or make a new chart regardless of what it is being used for.
  • Org charts for in-office roles,
  • Decision trees for customer service.
  • Step by step process instructions.
  • A great visual aid when trying to facilitate training or presentation.
  • The aesthetics have room for improvement, but that's about it.
I have used Lucidchart for presentations both in college and at work. It is a great way to assist with Germane Cognitive load in any setting. I am currently a Training Support Coordinator, and also the only instructional designer in office. This means I spend a lot of my time creating learning material. I use it most nowadays for decision trees or process explanation for our customer service representatives, forced to make split-second decisions. Lucidchart helps display their options in an orderly and easily comprehensible fashion. Another way to use it is for org charts. I am a visual learner myself, and therefore like the visual aids to go along with the information being presented.
Rob Zimmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is a tool currently used by most staff in our department. We use it for design concept development, process workflow documentation, and development of initial marketing graphics. Having access to Lucidchart has eliminated our need to support Visio across both Microsoft and Apple platforms and makes collaboration and sharing super easy across our organization.
  • Lucidchart mimics all of the features of Visio that we need.
  • Lucidchart makes collaboration on the development of charts super easy.
  • Lucidchart helps us keep all of our charts in one on-line location where everyone can access them from anywhere.
  • I can't think of any particular cons to using Lucidchart.
Lucidchart has been an amazing tool for our team to collaborate on system design, team workflows, and early marketing graphics. It has solved the problem of having to manage a Visio software distribution process across Windows and Apple devices and lets us store our graphics all in one place (in the cloud) where everyone has access.
Read Rob Zimmer's full review
Richard Perroset | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it primarily to create flowcharts to convey information in an organized, efficient, easy-to-read fashion. Flowcharts may have a myriad of specialized symbols to choose from, but creating a flowchart itself is surprisingly simple with Lucidchart. What I like most is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams which makes is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. It is web-based, which means there's no need to install any software on your computer. This also means that you can access it from any device with an internet connection as well as share documents to collaborate with others on projects.
  • Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive.
  • They offer a free version as well as several paid versions with increased functionality and storage.
  • Sharing diagrams can be cumbersome if others do not have the same level of access permissions.
  • The free version does not include storage so you have to download your work to save it.
  • The disadvantage of it being on the web is you are subject to outages and connection drops.
  • Keeps image sizes small since large to very large images can bog down the program.
Being a cloud based app means it is accessible from any internet device, giving you flexibility. You can collaborate in real time on your diagrams with colleagues and clients, which provides immediate feedback on any additions or modification. This dramatically reduces the time to complete a diagram and ensures it is is meeting the needs of the project or product. Lucidchart's revision history enables you to revert back to previous versions if you dislike recent changes.
It also means that nothing get lost in the different iterations of your diagrams. That comes in very handy when building a complex diagram where many changes occur before the final diagram is completed.
Read Richard Perroset's full review
Nathan McBride | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is used by the entire organization. Most departments are using it for workflow and engineering visualization but some, such as IT, use it for process engineering, architectural design, data visualization publishing and project tracking. It allows for any user to take a concept, whether developed or not, and bring it to life through a collaborative process. Many users will sketch an idea on a whiteboard or piece of paper and then translate it to Lucidchart to fully bring it to life. The collaborative and historical aspects of every design make the iterative process seamless and far more inventive.
  • Allows individuals to further realize engineering issues and collaborate, globally in real time, in order to resolve the issues.
  • Allows individuals and teams to define a workflow or process to use for a platform or action. For instance, before selecting an HRIS platform, we used Lucidchart to map out all HRIS processes which made selecting a platform ridiculously simple.
  • Lucidchart also allows anyone to easily publish their output so that users, both internally and externally, can view their ideas without needing a license, login or any complicated understanding.
  • The mobile aspects of Lucidchart are also fantastic as an individual can create a concept or design and present it to individuals right from their pocket.
  • Lucidchart is literally one of only a handful of apps that I feel gets it perfectly right. They listen to their customers and are constantly innovating to bring new ideas and helpful concepts to their product.
  • If I really had to extend my wish list out, one thing I would love to have is the ability to auto-expire sharing links in case I forget to retract a temporary permission assignment.
Anywhere in your organization where you need to: Create and/or publish an org chart, Create and/or publish engineering diagrams, Create and/or publish workflows, Create and/or publish process diagrams, Create and/or publish layered visualizations, Create and/or publish live database visualizations. You can effectively and immediately replace Visio with Lucidchart so any scenario where you use Visio (or any similar tool) is a scenario where you can use Lucidchart.
Read Nathan McBride's full review
Albert Ellenich | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is being used across the organization. Some users are creating data models. Our marketing department uses it to flow new sitemap ideas. My department, UX, uses it for complex process flow illustration and sitemap creation. Our work products from Lucidchart are always used to communicate with colleagues across departments and during ideation sessions when working through complex user tasks for our software products.
  • Lucidchart makes it extremely easy to quickly draw out a sitemap using the sitemap shapes. You can drop one shape on the canvas, open its details, and type your entire site outline in and Lucidchart creates a beautiful sitemap.
  • Shapes for decisions in some of the provided templates are too small to contain the amount of text I often need when I'm creating a process flow diagram. Lucidchart allows me to make a custom shape that fits my needs and makes it reusable across projects as a new shape template.
  • Drawing a diagram is very easy when you're working within a shape template. Lucidchart allows you to drag a connection from any point on a shape and gives you the ability to pick the next shape in the context of what you're doing without going back to the shapes palette to pick it. This saves a lot of time!
  • I've found layers very useful when illustrating a sitemap with users who have different access permissions to a website. I create a master sitemap layer and put each unique user on their own layer with a different colored shape overlaying each element of the master sitemap they have access to. By turning layers on/off, I can quickly show which areas of a site individual user types have access to.
  • I love the ability to work with the sitemap shapes, drop a shape and type in my entire site to let Lucidchart automatically create the visual map. The downfall is trying to make edits using the same text editor later. You can add new shapes and move existing ones around with ease in your map, but I'd love the ability to click a shape and open the editor with the shape I selected highlighted so I can begin editing there. Instead, the editor opens and you have to scroll around looking for the page you want. The editing window is also small, so this task is almost impossible to do.
  • I sometimes have problems with the alignment of my shapes on the canvas when I'm trying to use a grid. Lucidchart seems to snap off my gridlines sometimes. And if the canvas changes, my grid spacing changes, causing my shapes to be off the grid I've defined.
  • Shapes on a canvas display a red dot for locations you can click to pull out a connector and add a new shape. I notice when I'm on the middle of a shape line that a 2nd hollow dot appears to the side of the shape which allows me to also drag from it to create a new connector. I'd prefer having the solid dots on the actual shape to avoid the confusion about where you're clicking if you're working in a congested map.
Lucidchart is well suited for creating sitemaps, even with the UX flaws of the text editor provided for making a map. Autoconnection of shapes and flowing according to several flow types are excellent time savers. I probably use Lucidchart mainly for drawing complex workflows requiring multiple decision points and pathways. Lucidchart makes it very easy to create these kinds of charts once you create a shape template that best suits your needs. I find Lucidchart less suited for creating documents for print. Resizing shapes doesn't change text size within and things can get ugly fast. Lucidchart doesn't work well with shapes containing lots of text—like more than a few words. You have to manually break lines in your text to make it flow in a shape and stay readable. There isn't a way to set interior margins on a shape, so your text runs into and sometimes over the shape lines.
Read Albert Ellenich's full review
Jay Hall | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LucidChart across the entire organization to help provide insight into processes and workflows. Lucidchart is super easy to use and I love the ability to hyperlink shapes to direct users with a web page where I can show them exactly what I'm referencing.
  • Making Workflows with the shapes feature on Lucidchart makes this product super easy to use and read.
  • I love the multiple page options as well. So I am able to "paint" the whole picture of a process and then duplicate the page and then strictly focus on a particular stage of the process on each page.
  • The ability to share LucidChart pages with others who don't use Lucidchart is also super simple. You can send them an email or just give them a link to view your document. Very easy.
  • Transferring documents to another Lucidchart user after someone has left the organization is also very easy and Lucidchart prompts you to do this once you remove the user. Very smart.
  • I really like how you can download your LucidChart documents into PDFs so you can easily share the file in emails or Slack.
  • Honestly, there is nothing that I can see that could make this product easier or better to use.
Great tool to create/display processes/workflows, share documents, outline flow, and share marketing emails.
Read Jay Hall's full review
Rubi Cammarota | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is used throughout the organization, but I believe my team is one of the heaviest users. We use it to plot out complicated processes, campaigns, and workflows with multiple pathways and options. It gives us a visual way to explain and plot what we're doing as well as gives us a record of what we have done in the past.
  • Easy drag and drop interface. Helpful when things change and need to be rearranged.
  • Lots of icon options (and you can save your own libraries!).
  • Integrates with many programs so you can embed your flowcharts in many places.
  • Would be nice to have an auto-scale feature so if you put a bunch of shapes in and connect them, the tool would automatically put them in the best place.
  • Sometimes the arrows can be wonky and don't connect in the right places or go where you would expect them to.
Appropriate for laying out complex flowcharts (processes/campaigns/projects). Unnecessary for simple, linear flows.
Read Rubi Cammarota's full review
Richard Crane | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is used to create current and future-state process flows, journey maps, and system diagrams. It's used on a case-by-case basis when diagrams and process flows need to be created. I found it to be a great alternative (at a better price point) to Visio.
  • I love that I can use the free version if I need. I started my career on Visio, but when my license expired, I tried to save some money by creating process flows and system diagrams in PowerPoint, Word, and even in Paint when in a bind. But Lucidchart lets me create and share those same processes through their free version. Very nice.
  • Even the free version is great. Sure it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles as the subscription version, but the pricing is a fraction of what Visio costs. If you haven't tried Lucidchart, give it a spin. It's the only tool I've used that made me question whether I'd go back to Visio.
  • It's easy to learn. All drag and drop functionality. Even if you're new to creating diagrams, you'll pick it up quick. They have great tutorials and tips to help you get started.
  • You may get some push back from your organization or stakeholders that this is not Visio. But it works great. You can even import Visio files and edit them in Lucidchart. The conversion is great —I've never had any trouble with it.
  • There are some really nice features that are only available with premium paid access. But I totally get it. Those features are worth the price by the way for $5-10 a month.
If you're a light or heavy Visio user, give Lucidchart a try and see what you think. I use it for business analysis and project management. Perfect for getting stakeholders up to speed and capturing complex processes.
Read Richard Crane's full review
We are currently using Lucidchart to internally and externally communicate data in approachable, streamlined ways. We have had difficulty explaining the complexities of our programs and program workflows to our userbase, so we’ve been using Lucidchart to explain where they are in the user lifecycle and what they can expect going forward.
  • User-friendly
  • Affordable
  • Includes a robust set of tools
  • Robust set of tools, but sometimes feels like it could include additional common “preset” tools so we’re not building everything from scratch
  • Less user-friendly for tech novices
  • Limited design capabilities
Lucidchart is particularly well suited for situations when you want to visualize data quickly. If your information is already well-organized, it is quicker and easier to use Lucidchart than to create infographics in a graphic design program that’s not tailored for easy chart-making. I don’t recommend using Lucidchart in situations where you want to display information graphics that are flashy, sleek, and modern.
At our university, we use Lucidchart as part of our productivity apps tool package that we provide to staff, faculty, and students. This enables them to create graphs, flowcharts, org charts etc... by themselves without having an expert do it for them. We have users who have used it to create different kinds of charts and illustrations used in presentations, documentation, or for producing learning material. A great example is IT uses it to document the current process of departments before implementing a new system for them. This helps in laying out the user's current process and having it passed on to engineering and for good documentation for future reference.
  • We like this tool because users can create all kinds of diagrams with different structures and designs where one can express their ideas clearly, which allows them to create plans and maps of great scope and with high acceptability, the creation of this type of diagrams is made of a simple way, if you already have knowledge in basic applications of the same purpose as Visio, what I like about this tool, is the graphics it has, since they are more adaptable, and in the final diagram, graphically they look better oriented, so I can create diagrams for all kinds of projects.
  • Lucidchart makes diagramming and planning a solution easy and clear. We recently have had to diagram and plan a very large project that requires a lot of coordination and Lucidchart made it very easy for us to scope out the problem and communicate our needs to our company at large.
  • The tools are succinct and easy to use. One of my favorite features is the find a feature tool. You type in the type of feature you are looking for and it pulls up a list of possible options. When you find what you want in the list and hover over it there is a mini tutorial that shows you exactly where that feature is at for the next time you would like to use it.Their closest competitor is probably Microsoft Visio, but again they don't come close at all. I've used both and Visio was an extremely frustrating experience.
  • For an educational environment like ours, LucidChart is totally effective, it contains innumerable amounts of features that you can use as tools to make flow diagrams, organization charts, real-time collaboration, mental maps, ERD, UML, chat and group comments, among others. You can also create conferences with very attractive materials making them didactic. All this being very intuitive to use
  • What I like most about this software is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams so it is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. Additionally, it works on the web so it is not necessary to install any program on the computer, and you can access it from any device with an internet connection, as well as, share the documents and in general, the work done with others users. It is also easy to use and during the creation of each diagram offers guides to use the program. Another notable aspect of this software is the possibility of integration with other commonly used applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, which greatly facilitates the work of users.
  • The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.
  • I create fairly involved sitemaps and love the sitemaps tools which let you type your hierarchy into the diagram in a popup and see that hierarchy anytime you click on a shape. However, the popup is small, and when I click on a shape in my wireframe, the popup doesn't jump to and highlight the item I've selected in the hierarchy. This makes it challenging to find the item I'm trying to work with in the popup hierarchy.
  • The cost is a big deal, initially, Lucidchart was freemium and was free for us to use the team license which we made available to our users at the university. Without warning, they changed their license structure and began charging for this. Now if our users want to have the same functionality they have to purchase a license or request for an education discount which is a tedious process. The price is a little on the high side, especially if you want to add more members to your Lucidcart team.
  • Sometimes it takes time to load the documents, and depending on the complexity of the document that is being developed, it hangs up (you must have a good internet connection) if you do not have a connection, you can not use this software.
  • Sometimes it can be frustrating to format shapes and resize them at times. While the software is fairly user friendly I have definitely gotten frustrated at times trying to resize images and have had issues when I was trying to connect certain processes to another and the program picks the wrong shape to connect to. I also wish it was a bit easier to print out these charts, but I don't think it's very fair to blame the software on that since everyone's charts are going to vary by width/size so it's up to the user to format it for printing.
Great for users who want to create complex flow charts, organizational charts, workflow charts, value webs, and other diagrams. I've been able to more clearly illustrate complex website functions, large organizational systems, reporting chains with several "what if" cases, and more. If you need to make many diagrams and that these have more than 60 objects it is convenient to subscribe at least to the basic plan since the price is relatively low. It allows me to make diagrams of many types, mainly diagrams of entity relationship and diagrams without need of facilities or complicated records, since you can enter with your Google account or with social networks like Facebook & Instagram; also allows me to share the work with my students and organize work teams for the diagrams of the software development methodologies that we use. Great solution to provide to users what they can use without having an expert create all the diagrams and flowcharts. It's a great DIY tool for users.
Lucidchart helps us make flowcharts, organizational charts, website maps, and other diagrams for internal use. The variety of shapes and options available make our materials look professional and help us present information clearly and efficiently. I believe buy-in has increased since we've used these in presentations and proposals.
  • Wide variety of shapes and options give you a lot of flexibility beyond the standard flow chart.
  • GUI is easy to use and loads/edits fast.
  • I like that you can share links to dynamic versions of charts, so that others can see changes without having to send a new version.
  • I would like more personalizable options for user controls - e.g. what clicks, keys, and scrolling does in different contexts.
Lucidchart has been helpful for creating organizational charts, website content maps, process maps, flow charts, charts showing project process, and timelines.
March 07, 2019

Simple Flowchart Tool

As a Product Manager who interfaces with engineers and contractors to design systems and processes, I often use Lucidchart to create process flow diagrams for stakeholders across the organization. I will make both high-level charts for senior business leaders to understand an overview of our systems, in addition to extremely detailed flows for engineers to understand what I want to happen across systems at every juncture based on different decisions or paths. This tool is mostly used by the PM team alone, but the PDF and jpeg charts created are distributed more broadly for consumption.
  • The sheets expand in any direction as you build, so if you want to add earlier steps or continue growing your chart outwards, you don't have to worry about reformatting or dragging boxes around.
  • Since it is built for flow charts specifically, you can shift between cells and arrows within the sheet without having to change functions on the side panel.
  • Boxes are all identical in size, unless you actively change them, making it easy to create professional charts.
  • Really simple downloads to Jpegs and PDFs.
  • Not able to use different kinds of arrows, like one to many, or one to one, just regular arrows.
  • It is really a tool that makes charts well, but that's all you can expect from it.
  • Limited templates.
Really great for building technical charts quickly. However, it is niche for people who really do this regularly (engineers, PMs).
Lucidchart is being used by many departments, but not across our entire organization. My department, specifically, uses Lucidchart to diagram existing business processes, proposed business processes and changes to the flow of how work is currently done. We tend to use Lucidchart early in the life of a new idea to quickly create a visual that we can then present to the team or our leadership. Since we have been using Lucidchart for years, our organization is very comfortable with the flows we create.
  • You can put together a very simplified version of a business flow in just a few minutes, but you can also dive deep and really detail out all aspects of a business process if you want. Lucidchart makes both of these options accessible and fairly easy.
  • The file-sharing structure inside of Lucidchart is very helpful when a team is working on a project. You can organize and share documents very easily.
  • I really like that Lucidchart is available within your browser. This makes accessing your files anywhere incredibly easy and convenient.
  • Because Lucidchart is able to be so detailed, it can be a bit overwhelming to a new user.
  • There are so many icons and tools available to you that finding the right one can be difficult. The search tool doesn't always return relevant results either.
  • This doesn't happen often, but occasionally I will run into a bug where I click on a part of my diagram, but the tool thinks my cursor is somewhere else and I end up dragging or resizing something that I did not intend to.
If you are in a business analyst position or regularly need to document and present ideas for new projects or map out business process flows, then Lucidchart is a great option. I have been using it for years and have only gotten more and more comfortable and really rely on Lucidchart to create the materials I need to effectively do my job.
Lori Lorenz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucidchart for creating all internal diagrams such as org-charts and process flowcharts. Did you know that you can't use Visio on a Macintosh? Some of our team have Macs and some have PCs. Everyone needs to use the same tool to share work. Lucidchart is cross-platform so we can collaborate. Using Lucidchart solves the problem of keeping details up to date from any computer and not needing to use a locally installed application. One person can create the diagrams and everyone else can view them or make changes from the online account.
  • Auto Save rocks. I don't worry about losing my work. I can still save after a change. When I work with a team member who isn't in the office, I have them refresh to see changes immediately.
  • Arrows rule. The snap to grid plus setting the arrow format makes creating straight lines easy for my flow charts.
  • Layers matter. When I print or publish my charts, not everything on the page is included. I can hide a layer at a time to print only what I need. It also helps when I only need to edit one layer and I can hide everything else to easily select items as a group.
  • Specifying an exact color for lines, backgrounds, or text is not easy. It would be great to be able to enter a 6 character HEX code. Matching brand colors is important when presenting charts to management or clients.
If you need to diagram something but don't want to invest time and money into Adobe Illustrator or Auto CAD, Lucidchart is the best app of its kind. If you use a Macintosh, this is definitely your best option. Team members who are tech-savvy and confident can quickly get up to speed with Lucidchart. It is a fast way to share diagrams and integrate with sharing platforms like Google and Slack. Lucidcharts doesn't replace CAD programs that do data modeling for manufacturing or construction.
Read Lori Lorenz's full review
Nathan Sichilongo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use diagramming and charts for our presentations and we looked around for solutions. Lucidchart checked all our boxes because it is easy to use for beginners yet complex enough for advanced diagrammers to come in and use. We use Lucidchart across our company as IT staff, operations managers and senior management all collaborate on product mapping and planning.
For us, the biggest problem we sought to solve with Lucidchart was having access to a program that would allow us to design detailed diagramming for our presentations. With a lot of other options, you may not be able to design a diagram or chart with as much detail as you would find in Lucidchart.
  • Lucidchart is ideal for collaboration, especially in teams, as multiple people can work on a specific diagram at the same time. Since everything is saved to the cloud, you do not have to worry about having to upload your version of a diagram or chart while a colleague works on another version.
  • Lucidchart comes with multiple templates and shape tools that you can use for designing. The list is quite comprehensive and you can find everything from a simple flow chart to a complex diagram map template to get you started. All these make the diagramming process much easier. Also, you can upload your own custom shapes and images to add to diagrams/charts in true drag-and-drop functionality.
  • Lucidchart has a free version that you can trial and use to see if it is the right fit for you and your organization. Even the paid versions come with a trial option for those that want to test the waters.
  • Lucidchart's mobile apps are actually quite intuitive to use and don't make you miss the desktop version unless you just need more real estate. This makes edits on the go much easier, very impressive!
  • Lucidchart can be a memory hog when you use it in Chrome. It can be laggy if you are working on a complex diagram for a long period of time (of course the fix is to refresh your tab or get more RAM), but it's still something that is somewhat disappointing.
  • While the cloud functionality is great, it would be nice if Lucidchart came with a desktop app version that one could use offline or instead of a browser. Other competing apps do provide desktop applications that you can install and use, not sure why Lucidchart doesn't have one.
  • Diagrams and charts can sometimes be difficult to edit, especially when there are multiple layers and moving an object or shape can force you to undo several changes. Lucidchart should improve the overall interface and make clicking objects or grouped items much easier.
Lucidchart is ideal for teams and individuals who collaborate on diagrams and charts, specifically those to do with workflows and product mapping. Product development, sales, and marketing teams can all benefit from the use of Lucidchart. Administration staff would also benefit from Lucidchart, and it can be used for basic charting and organizational diagrams as well.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Cody Lazenby | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 14, 2018

LucidChart for Sales

We do have more of a company-wide license for LucidChart, although you need to make a request to get it, so not everyone has a license. We are currently evaluating LucidChart for sales and have been testing out the Salesforce.com integration. It is primarily being used for account mapping.
  • The program is easy to use with a drag-and-drop interface. You can easily move things around or select the shapes that you want to use.
  • With the SFDC integration, we have a button that will pull in all of the contacts on an account, and we can easily create an account map to see where everyone sits within a particular organization.
  • With this particular integration, the biggest issues we have come across is that we have a lot of outdated contacts, so it is not as easy to pull out the most relevant ones when creating an account map.
  • There are also so many places for notes. While it is nice we can keep notes about the account hierarchy in LucidChart for future reps to look at, it would also require us to use LucidChart indefinitely. Possibly consider syncing some sort of document/chart that can reside in SFDC.
Anytime you need some sort of chart or visualization, I would recommend using LucidChart. It is great to use for account mapping, although it is not something that has been fully baked into our sales process just yet. If you can get buy-in from your management team, and have it included as part of your sales training from the start, this will ensure that it will get used a lot more efficiently.
Read Cody Lazenby's full review
Matt Karcher | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LucidChart for flowcharting and diagramming our network for submission to the State. It is being used in one department currently and it is very handy when linking with Google Drive for collaborating with others.
  • Flowcharting is very easy
  • Diagrams are a breeze to create/maintain
  • Compatibility with Google Drive
  • I would like to see more charting tools
  • The ability to modify objects
LucidChart is well suited in an environment where network flowcharts and diagrams are used in a shared environment.
Read Matt Karcher's full review
Chandler Elmore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucidchart to plan out marketing campaigns. Often time, the platform is used by the project manager and the content team in the creation phase and then presented to the rest of the team members. The issue that it addresses is streamlining the onboarding process either for a new client or during a launch of a new marketing campaign.
  • Relatively cheap
  • Easy for both clients and collaborators to view diagrams
  • Easy to edit and move things around, similar to a digital whiteboard.
  • Might be too simplistic, for example, it cant contain a lot of text in boxes without becoming garbled together.
The platform is great for onboarding and getting out all realistic avenues a marketing campaign might play out. It is a great visualizer tool that can help draw paths between tasks to make the end objective more clear for the team. The only scenario that this might be less appropriate is if the subject matter is too technical to grasp at a macro level.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review

About Lucidchart

Lucidchart is an flexible yet powerful flowchart and diagram software that integrates with other collaboration tools, enabling visual collaboration for teams.