https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ot/sD/ZP89MGP8HNII.JPEGLucidchart is a focused on helping you quickly create organizational charts and complex workflows that you can share with others.Lucidchart is being used across the organization. Some users are creating data models. Our marketing department uses it to flow new sitemap ideas. My department, UX, uses it for complex process flow illustration and sitemap creation. Our work products from Lucidchart are always used to communicate with colleagues across departments and during ideation sessions when working through complex user tasks for our software products.,Lucidchart makes it extremely easy to quickly draw out a sitemap using the sitemap shapes. You can drop one shape on the canvas, open its details, and type your entire site outline in and Lucidchart creates a beautiful sitemap. Shapes for decisions in some of the provided templates are too small to contain the amount of text I often need when I'm creating a process flow diagram. Lucidchart allows me to make a custom shape that fits my needs and makes it reusable across projects as a new shape template. Drawing a diagram is very easy when you're working within a shape template. Lucidchart allows you to drag a connection from any point on a shape and gives you the ability to pick the next shape in the context of what you're doing without going back to the shapes palette to pick it. This saves a lot of time! I've found layers very useful when illustrating a sitemap with users who have different access permissions to a website. I create a master sitemap layer and put each unique user on their own layer with a different colored shape overlaying each element of the master sitemap they have access to. By turning layers on/off, I can quickly show which areas of a site individual user types have access to.,I love the ability to work with the sitemap shapes, drop a shape and type in my entire site to let Lucidchart automatically create the visual map. The downfall is trying to make edits using the same text editor later. You can add new shapes and move existing ones around with ease in your map, but I'd love the ability to click a shape and open the editor with the shape I selected highlighted so I can begin editing there. Instead, the editor opens and you have to scroll around looking for the page you want. The editing window is also small, so this task is almost impossible to do. I sometimes have problems with the alignment of my shapes on the canvas when I'm trying to use a grid. Lucidchart seems to snap off my gridlines sometimes. And if the canvas changes, my grid spacing changes, causing my shapes to be off the grid I've defined. Shapes on a canvas display a red dot for locations you can click to pull out a connector and add a new shape. I notice when I'm on the middle of a shape line that a 2nd hollow dot appears to the side of the shape which allows me to also drag from it to create a new connector. I'd prefer having the solid dots on the actual shape to avoid the confusion about where you're clicking if you're working in a congested map.,9,I can't comment on ROI as that's not really measurable in my environment and usage of Lucidchart, but I can say it's greatly increased my speed in creating documents like this for use with colleagues over whiteboarding, pen & paper, and other illustration applications.,OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure RP and Adobe Illustrator CC,Sketch, InVision, JIRA Software, Atlassian ConfluenceMake LIFE easier with Lucidchart!!We use LucidChart across the entire organization to help provide insight into processes and workflows. Lucidchart is super easy to use and I love the ability to hyperlink shapes to direct users with a web page where I can show them exactly what I'm referencing.,Making Workflows with the shapes feature on Lucidchart makes this product super easy to use and read. I love the multiple page options as well. So I am able to "paint" the whole picture of a process and then duplicate the page and then strictly focus on a particular stage of the process on each page. The ability to share LucidChart pages with others who don't use Lucidchart is also super simple. You can send them an email or just give them a link to view your document. Very easy. Transferring documents to another Lucidchart user after someone has left the organization is also very easy and Lucidchart prompts you to do this once you remove the user. Very smart. I really like how you can download your LucidChart documents into PDFs so you can easily share the file in emails or slack.,Honestly, there is nothing that I can see that could make this product easier or better to use.,10,Time to value has decreased since we started using Lucidchart. Meaning, fewer meetings across departments since we are able to fully explain processes and workflows with Lucidchart.,GoToMeeting, Zoom, SlackLucidchart is a lifesaver!Lucidchart is used throughout the organization, but I believe my team is one of the heaviest users. We use it to plot out complicated processes, campaigns, and workflows with multiple pathways and options. It gives us a visual way to explain and plot what we're doing as well as gives us a record of what we have done in the past.,Easy drag and drop interface. Helpful when things change and need to be rearranged. Lots of icon options (and you can save your own libraries!). Integrates with many programs so you can embed your flowcharts in many places.,Would be nice to have an auto-scale feature so if you put a bunch of shapes in and connect them, the tool would automatically put them in the best place. Sometimes the arrows can be wonky and don't connect in the right places or go where you would expect them to.,9,Allows people to see where there is misalignment between conception and execution. Reduces the need to have meetings to explain what we are doing, and lets business units self serve if they have questions.,,Marketo, Litmus, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, SmartsheetIt'll make you want to quit VisioLucidchart is used to create current and future-state process flows, journey maps, and system diagrams. It's used on a case-by-case basis when diagrams and process flows need to be created. I found it to be a great alternative (at a better price point) to Visio.,I love that I can use the free version if I need. I started my career on Visio, but when my license expired, I tried to save some money by creating process flows and system diagrams in PowerPoint, Word, and even in Paint when in a bind. But Lucidchart lets me create and share those same processes through their free version. Very nice. Even the free version is great. Sure it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles as the subscription version, but the pricing is a fraction of what Visio costs. If you haven't tried Lucidchart, give it a spin. It's the only tool I've used that made me question whether I'd go back to Visio. It's easy to learn. All drag and drop functionality. Even if you're new to creating diagrams, you'll pick it up quick. They have great tutorials and tips to help you get started.,You may get some push back from your organization or stakeholders that this is not Visio. But it works great. You can even import Visio files and edit them in Lucidchart. The conversion is great —I've never had any trouble with it. There are some really nice features that are only available with premium paid access. But I totally get it. Those features are worth the price by the way for $5-10 a month.,10,It's a much better price point than Visio. It can save you some money very quickly. The ability to visualize documentation speeds up decision making. I use it to secure funding for projects.,SmartDraw, Creately, OmniGraffle and Microsoft Visio,Creately, SmartDraw, GliffyLucidchart diagrams AND collaboratesWe use Lucidchart for creating all internal diagrams such as org-charts and process flowcharts. Did you know that you can't use Visio on a Macintosh? Some of our team have Macs and some have PCs. Everyone needs to use the same tool to share work. Lucidchart is cross-platform so we can collaborate. Using Lucidchart solves the problem of keeping details up to date from any computer and not needing to use a locally installed application. One person can create the diagrams and everyone else can view them or make changes from the online account.,Auto Save rocks. I don't worry about losing my work. I can still save after a change. When I work with a team member who isn't in the office, I have them refresh to see changes immediately. Arrows rule. The snap to grid plus setting the arrow format makes creating straight lines easy for my flow charts. Layers matter. When I print or publish my charts, not everything on the page is included. I can hide a layer at a time to print only what I need. It also helps when I only need to edit one layer and I can hide everything else to easily select items as a group.,Specifying an exact color for lines, backgrounds, or text is not easy. It would be great to be able to enter a 6 character HEX code. Matching brand colors is important when presenting charts to management or clients.,10,Lucidchart is a software as a service (SaaS) subscription so I pay only for the seats I am actively using and can scale up or down as needed. Lucidchart keeps my data in the cloud and safe from local interruptions to my service. If I need to work from home during a snowstorm, I can still get to my project with no downtime.,Adobe Illustrator CC,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DC, Tallie
Windows, Linux, Mac
Lucidchart

Lucidchart Reviews

Lucidchart
Filter 54 vetted Lucidchart reviews and ratings

Albert Ellenich profile photo
March 07, 2019

Review: "Lucidchart is a focused on helping you quickly create organizational charts and complex workflows that you can share with others."

• Lucidchart makes it extremely easy to quickly draw out a sitemap using the sitemap shapes. You can drop one shape on the canvas, open its details, and type your entire site outline in and Lucidchart creates a beautiful sitemap.
  • Shapes for decisions in some of the provided templates are too small to contain the amount of text I often need when I'm creating a process flow diagram. Lucidchart allows me to make a custom shape that fits my needs and makes it reusable across projects as a new shape template.
  • Drawing a diagram is very easy when you're working within a shape template. Lucidchart allows you to drag a connection from any point on a shape and gives you the ability to pick the next shape in the context of what you're doing without going back to the shapes palette to pick it. This saves a lot of time!
  • I've found layers very useful when illustrating a sitemap with users who have different access permissions to a website. I create a master sitemap layer and put each unique user on their own layer with a different colored shape overlaying each element of the master sitemap they have access to. By turning layers on/off, I can quickly show which areas of a site individual user types have access to.
  • I love the ability to work with the sitemap shapes, drop a shape and type in my entire site to let Lucidchart automatically create the visual map. The downfall is trying to make edits using the same text editor later. You can add new shapes and move existing ones around with ease in your map, but I'd love the ability to click a shape and open the editor with the shape I selected highlighted so I can begin editing there. Instead, the editor opens and you have to scroll around looking for the page you want. The editing window is also small, so this task is almost impossible to do.
  • I sometimes have problems with the alignment of my shapes on the canvas when I'm trying to use a grid. Lucidchart seems to snap off my gridlines sometimes. And if the canvas changes, my grid spacing changes, causing my shapes to be off the grid I've defined.
  • Shapes on a canvas display a red dot for locations you can click to pull out a connector and add a new shape. I notice when I'm on the middle of a shape line that a 2nd hollow dot appears to the side of the shape which allows me to also drag from it to create a new connector. I'd prefer having the solid dots on the actual shape to avoid the confusion about where you're clicking if you're working in a congested map.
Lucidchart is well suited for creating sitemaps, even with the UX flaws of the text editor provided for making a map. Autoconnection of shapes and flowing according to several flow types are excellent time savers. I probably use Lucidchart mainly for drawing complex workflows requiring multiple decision points and pathways. Lucidchart makes it very easy to create these kinds of charts once you create a shape template that best suits your needs. I find Lucidchart less suited for creating documents for print. Resizing shapes doesn't change text size within and things can get ugly fast. Lucidchart doesn't work well with shapes containing lots of text—like more than a few words. You have to manually break lines in your text to make it flow in a shape and stay readable. There isn't a way to set interior margins on a shape, so your text runs into and sometimes over the shape lines.
Read Albert Ellenich's full review
Jay Hall profile photo
March 07, 2019

User Review: "Make LIFE easier with Lucidchart!!"

• Making Workflows with the shapes feature on Lucidchart makes this product super easy to use and read.
  • I love the multiple page options as well. So I am able to "paint" the whole picture of a process and then duplicate the page and then strictly focus on a particular stage of the process on each page.
  • The ability to share LucidChart pages with others who don't use Lucidchart is also super simple. You can send them an email or just give them a link to view your document. Very easy.
  • Transferring documents to another Lucidchart user after someone has left the organization is also very easy and Lucidchart prompts you to do this once you remove the user. Very smart.
  • I really like how you can download your LucidChart documents into PDFs so you can easily share the file in emails or Slack.
  • Honestly, there is nothing that I can see that could make this product easier or better to use.
Great tool to create/display processes/workflows, share documents, outline flow, and share marketing emails.
Read Jay Hall's full review
Rubi Cammarota profile photo
March 07, 2019

User Review: "Lucidchart is a lifesaver!"

• Easy drag and drop interface. Helpful when things change and need to be rearranged.
  • Lots of icon options (and you can save your own libraries!).
  • Integrates with many programs so you can embed your flowcharts in many places.
  • Would be nice to have an auto-scale feature so if you put a bunch of shapes in and connect them, the tool would automatically put them in the best place.
  • Sometimes the arrows can be wonky and don't connect in the right places or go where you would expect them to.
Appropriate for laying out complex flowcharts (processes/campaigns/projects). Unnecessary for simple, linear flows.
Read Rubi Cammarota's full review
Richard Crane profile photo
March 07, 2019

Lucidchart Review: "It'll make you want to quit Visio"

• I love that I can use the free version if I need. I started my career on Visio, but when my license expired, I tried to save some money by creating process flows and system diagrams in PowerPoint, Word, and even in Paint when in a bind. But Lucidchart lets me create and share those same processes through their free version. Very nice.
  • Even the free version is great. Sure it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles as the subscription version, but the pricing is a fraction of what Visio costs. If you haven't tried Lucidchart, give it a spin. It's the only tool I've used that made me question whether I'd go back to Visio.
  • It's easy to learn. All drag and drop functionality. Even if you're new to creating diagrams, you'll pick it up quick. They have great tutorials and tips to help you get started.
  • You may get some push back from your organization or stakeholders that this is not Visio. But it works great. You can even import Visio files and edit them in Lucidchart. The conversion is great —I've never had any trouble with it.
  • There are some really nice features that are only available with premium paid access. But I totally get it. Those features are worth the price by the way for $5-10 a month.
If you're a light or heavy Visio user, give Lucidchart a try and see what you think. I use it for business analysis and project management. Perfect for getting stakeholders up to speed and capturing complex processes.
Read Richard Crane's full review
Lori Lorenz profile photo
February 21, 2019

"Lucidchart diagrams AND collaborates"

• Auto Save rocks. I don't worry about losing my work. I can still save after a change. When I work with a team member who isn't in the office, I have them refresh to see changes immediately.
  • Arrows rule. The snap to grid plus setting the arrow format makes creating straight lines easy for my flow charts.
  • Layers matter. When I print or publish my charts, not everything on the page is included. I can hide a layer at a time to print only what I need. It also helps when I only need to edit one layer and I can hide everything else to easily select items as a group.
  • Specifying an exact color for lines, backgrounds, or text is not easy. It would be great to be able to enter a 6 character HEX code. Matching brand colors is important when presenting charts to management or clients.
If you need to diagram something but don't want to invest time and money into Adobe Illustrator or Auto CAD, Lucidchart is the best app of its kind. If you use a Macintosh, this is definitely your best option. Team members who are tech-savvy and confident can quickly get up to speed with Lucidchart. It is a fast way to share diagrams and integrate with sharing platforms like Google and Slack. Lucidcharts doesn't replace CAD programs that do data modeling for manufacturing or construction.
Read Lori Lorenz's full review
Nathan Sichilongo profile photo
February 12, 2019

Review: "Diagramming & Charts Enter the Modern Age -- A Look at Lucidchart"

We use diagramming and charts for our presentations and we looked around for solutions. Lucidchart checked all our boxes because it is easy to use for beginners yet complex enough for advanced diagrammers to come in and use. We use Lucidchart across our company as IT staff, operations managers and senior management all collaborate on product mapping and planning.
For us, the biggest problem we sought to solve with Lucidchart was having access to a program that would allow us to design detailed diagramming for our presentations. With a lot of other options, you may not be able to design a diagram or chart with as much detail as you would find in Lucidchart.
  • Lucidchart is ideal for collaboration, especially in teams, as multiple people can work on a specific diagram at the same time. Since everything is saved to the cloud, you do not have to worry about having to upload your version of a diagram or chart while a colleague works on another version.
  • Lucidchart comes with multiple templates and shape tools that you can use for designing. The list is quite comprehensive and you can find everything from a simple flow chart to a complex diagram map template to get you started. All these make the diagramming process much easier. Also, you can upload your own custom shapes and images to add to diagrams/charts in true drag-and-drop functionality.
  • Lucidchart has a free version that you can trial and use to see if it is the right fit for you and your organization. Even the paid versions come with a trial option for those that want to test the waters.
  • Lucidchart's mobile apps are actually quite intuitive to use and don't make you miss the desktop version unless you just need more real estate. This makes edits on the go much easier, very impressive!
  • Lucidchart can be a memory hog when you use it in Chrome. It can be laggy if you are working on a complex diagram for a long period of time (of course the fix is to refresh your tab or get more RAM), but it's still something that is somewhat disappointing.
  • While the cloud functionality is great, it would be nice if Lucidchart came with a desktop app version that one could use offline or instead of a browser. Other competing apps do provide desktop applications that you can install and use, not sure why Lucidchart doesn't have one.
  • Diagrams and charts can sometimes be difficult to edit, especially when there are multiple layers and moving an object or shape can force you to undo several changes. Lucidchart should improve the overall interface and make clicking objects or grouped items much easier.
Lucidchart is ideal for teams and individuals who collaborate on diagrams and charts, specifically those to do with workflows and product mapping. Product development, sales, and marketing teams can all benefit from the use of Lucidchart. Administration staff would also benefit from Lucidchart, and it can be used for basic charting and organizational diagrams as well.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Cody Lazenby profile photo
November 14, 2018

User Review: "LucidChart for Sales"

We do have more of a company-wide license for LucidChart, although you need to make a request to get it, so not everyone has a license. We are currently evaluating LucidChart for sales and have been testing out the Salesforce.com integration. It is primarily being used for account mapping.
  • The program is easy to use with a drag-and-drop interface. You can easily move things around or select the shapes that you want to use.
  • With the SFDC integration, we have a button that will pull in all of the contacts on an account, and we can easily create an account map to see where everyone sits within a particular organization.
  • With this particular integration, the biggest issues we have come across is that we have a lot of outdated contacts, so it is not as easy to pull out the most relevant ones when creating an account map.
  • There are also so many places for notes. While it is nice we can keep notes about the account hierarchy in LucidChart for future reps to look at, it would also require us to use LucidChart indefinitely. Possibly consider syncing some sort of document/chart that can reside in SFDC.
Anytime you need some sort of chart or visualization, I would recommend using LucidChart. It is great to use for account mapping, although it is not something that has been fully baked into our sales process just yet. If you can get buy-in from your management team, and have it included as part of your sales training from the start, this will ensure that it will get used a lot more efficiently.
Read Cody Lazenby's full review
Matt Karcher profile photo
February 19, 2019

Review: "LucidChart makes online collaboration on diagrams easy."

We use LucidChart for flowcharting and diagramming our network for submission to the State. It is being used in one department currently and it is very handy when linking with Google Drive for collaborating with others.
  • Flowcharting is very easy
  • Diagrams are a breeze to create/maintain
  • Compatibility with Google Drive
  • I would like to see more charting tools
  • The ability to modify objects
LucidChart is well suited in an environment where network flowcharts and diagrams are used in a shared environment.
Read Matt Karcher's full review
Chandler Elmore profile photo
September 24, 2018

Lucidchart Review: "Simply the best Flowchart Platform Out There"

We use Lucidchart to plan out marketing campaigns. Often time, the platform is used by the project manager and the content team in the creation phase and then presented to the rest of the team members. The issue that it addresses is streamlining the onboarding process either for a new client or during a launch of a new marketing campaign.
  • Relatively cheap
  • Easy for both clients and collaborators to view diagrams
  • Easy to edit and move things around, similar to a digital whiteboard.
  • Might be too simplistic, for example, it cant contain a lot of text in boxes without becoming garbled together.
The platform is great for onboarding and getting out all realistic avenues a marketing campaign might play out. It is a great visualizer tool that can help draw paths between tasks to make the end objective more clear for the team. The only scenario that this might be less appropriate is if the subject matter is too technical to grasp at a macro level.
Read Chandler Elmore's full review
March 11, 2019

Lucidchart Review: "Great web based team for team collaboration when it comes to flow charts and other graphs"

At our university, we use Lucidchart as part of our productivity apps tool package that we provide to staff, faculty, and students. This enables them to create graphs, flowcharts, org charts etc... by themselves without having an expert do it for them. We have users who have used it to create different kinds of charts and illustrations used in presentations, documentation, or for producing learning material. A great example is IT uses it to document the current process of departments before implementing a new system for them. This helps in laying out the user's current process and having it passed on to engineering and for good documentation for future reference.
  • We like this tool because users can create all kinds of diagrams with different structures and designs where one can express their ideas clearly, which allows them to create plans and maps of great scope and with high acceptability, the creation of this type of diagrams is made of a simple way, if you already have knowledge in basic applications of the same purpose as Visio, what I like about this tool, is the graphics it has, since they are more adaptable, and in the final diagram, graphically they look better oriented, so I can create diagrams for all kinds of projects.
  • Lucidchart makes diagramming and planning a solution easy and clear. We recently have had to diagram and plan a very large project that requires a lot of coordination and Lucidchart made it very easy for us to scope out the problem and communicate our needs to our company at large.
  • The tools are succinct and easy to use. One of my favorite features is the find a feature tool. You type in the type of feature you are looking for and it pulls up a list of possible options. When you find what you want in the list and hover over it there is a mini tutorial that shows you exactly where that feature is at for the next time you would like to use it.Their closest competitor is probably Microsoft Visio, but again they don't come close at all. I've used both and Visio was an extremely frustrating experience.
  • For an educational environment like ours, LucidChart is totally effective, it contains innumerable amounts of features that you can use as tools to make flow diagrams, organization charts, real-time collaboration, mental maps, ERD, UML, chat and group comments, among others. You can also create conferences with very attractive materials making them didactic. All this being very intuitive to use
  • What I like most about this software is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams so it is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. Additionally, it works on the web so it is not necessary to install any program on the computer, and you can access it from any device with an internet connection, as well as, share the documents and in general, the work done with others users. It is also easy to use and during the creation of each diagram offers guides to use the program. Another notable aspect of this software is the possibility of integration with other commonly used applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, which greatly facilitates the work of users.
  • The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.
  • I create fairly involved sitemaps and love the sitemaps tools which let you type your hierarchy into the diagram in a popup and see that hierarchy anytime you click on a shape. However, the popup is small, and when I click on a shape in my wireframe, the popup doesn't jump to and highlight the item I've selected in the hierarchy. This makes it challenging to find the item I'm trying to work with in the popup hierarchy.
  • The cost is a big deal, initially, Lucidchart was freemium and was free for us to use the team license which we made available to our users at the university. Without warning, they changed their license structure and began charging for this. Now if our users want to have the same functionality they have to purchase a license or request for an education discount which is a tedious process. The price is a little on the high side, especially if you want to add more members to your Lucidcart team.
  • Sometimes it takes time to load the documents, and depending on the complexity of the document that is being developed, it hangs up (you must have a good internet connection) if you do not have a connection, you can not use this software.
  • Sometimes it can be frustrating to format shapes and resize them at times. While the software is fairly user friendly I have definitely gotten frustrated at times trying to resize images and have had issues when I was trying to connect certain processes to another and the program picks the wrong shape to connect to. I also wish it was a bit easier to print out these charts, but I don't think it's very fair to blame the software on that since everyone's charts are going to vary by width/size so it's up to the user to format it for printing.
Great for users who want to create complex flow charts, organizational charts, workflow charts, value webs, and other diagrams. I've been able to more clearly illustrate complex website functions, large organizational systems, reporting chains with several "what if" cases, and more. If you need to make many diagrams and that these have more than 60 objects it is convenient to subscribe at least to the basic plan since the price is relatively low. It allows me to make diagrams of many types, mainly diagrams of entity relationship and diagrams without need of facilities or complicated records, since you can enter with your Google account or with social networks like Facebook & Instagram; also allows me to share the work with my students and organize work teams for the diagrams of the software development methodologies that we use. Great solution to provide to users what they can use without having an expert create all the diagrams and flowcharts. It's a great DIY tool for users.
March 07, 2019

Lucidchart Review: "Simple Flowchart Tool"

As a Product Manager who interfaces with engineers and contractors to design systems and processes, I often use Lucidchart to create process flow diagrams for stakeholders across the organization. I will make both high-level charts for senior business leaders to understand an overview of our systems, in addition to extremely detailed flows for engineers to understand what I want to happen across systems at every juncture based on different decisions or paths. This tool is mostly used by the PM team alone, but the PDF and jpeg charts created are distributed more broadly for consumption.
  • The sheets expand in any direction as you build, so if you want to add earlier steps or continue growing your chart outwards, you don't have to worry about reformatting or dragging boxes around.
  • Since it is built for flow charts specifically, you can shift between cells and arrows within the sheet without having to change functions on the side panel.
  • Boxes are all identical in size, unless you actively change them, making it easy to create professional charts.
  • Really simple downloads to Jpegs and PDFs.
  • Not able to use different kinds of arrows, like one to many, or one to one, just regular arrows.
  • It is really a tool that makes charts well, but that's all you can expect from it.
  • Limited templates.
Really great for building technical charts quickly. However, it is niche for people who really do this regularly (engineers, PMs).
March 07, 2019

Review: "Lucidchart Is the Key to Business Process Mapping"

Lucidchart is being used by many departments, but not across our entire organization. My department, specifically, uses Lucidchart to diagram existing business processes, proposed business processes and changes to the flow of how work is currently done. We tend to use Lucidchart early in the life of a new idea to quickly create a visual that we can then present to the team or our leadership. Since we have been using Lucidchart for years, our organization is very comfortable with the flows we create.
  • You can put together a very simplified version of a business flow in just a few minutes, but you can also dive deep and really detail out all aspects of a business process if you want. Lucidchart makes both of these options accessible and fairly easy.
  • The file-sharing structure inside of Lucidchart is very helpful when a team is working on a project. You can organize and share documents very easily.
  • I really like that Lucidchart is available within your browser. This makes accessing your files anywhere incredibly easy and convenient.
  • Because Lucidchart is able to be so detailed, it can be a bit overwhelming to a new user.
  • There are so many icons and tools available to you that finding the right one can be difficult. The search tool doesn't always return relevant results either.
  • This doesn't happen often, but occasionally I will run into a bug where I click on a part of my diagram, but the tool thinks my cursor is somewhere else and I end up dragging or resizing something that I did not intend to.
If you are in a business analyst position or regularly need to document and present ideas for new projects or map out business process flows, then Lucidchart is a great option. I have been using it for years and have only gotten more and more comfortable and really rely on Lucidchart to create the materials I need to effectively do my job.
December 21, 2018

Lucidchart Review: "Lucid chart does what it claims"

Lucidchart is used by just a few teams within our organization for specific uses - flow charts and org charts - which it does very well. I was looking for a lightweight diagramming tool to map out processes that was smart but not too rigid to be customized, and powerful but without a crazy learning curve.
  • Organizational charts
  • Floor plan / office layout planning
  • Process mapping
  • Storage space quota visibility
  • Photo management
Great for simple sketching and publishing for clear communication to our team or to the board. The boxes, lines, clip art library, and photo inputs make for very nice presentations.

It's not powerful enough for actual construction blueprints, or serious graphic design. You'll want a stronger piece of software for those situations.
December 06, 2018

Review: "Lucidchart can help you bring boring workflows to life while getting your customers excited to see what's coming!"

We currently use Lucidchart across the whole organization for various purposes. In our Development group, we use it to build out wireframes and mock ups for how certain screens or apps will look. In our Support group, we use it to diagram client work flows and organization charts. In our Sales group, we use it to display road maps and current processes and structure. Internally, we also use it to document work flows and org charts.
  • Lucidchart offers a great library of images and native UI components.
  • Lucidchart is simple to use with an intuitive drag and drop feature.
  • Lucidchart allows for sharing across an organization.
  • Some of the auto snapping functionality within wire frames and flow charts can be frustrating and hard to manage.
  • Copy and pasting entire components isn't entirely intuitive.
  • On occasion, Lucidchart has crashed and lost work done on projects.
Lucidchart is great for building out customer or internal work flows and documenting customer or internal organization charts. Additionally, it is a great tool for building mock ups for potential looks and feels of web UI. I think there are better tools out there for mobile wireframes. Lucidchart lacks an interactive design.
Enrique Cuarental Bolet profile photo
May 28, 2018

Lucidchart: "Get your diagrams done fast and collaborate with your team with no hassle"

Lucidchart is used across the whole organization addressing all kind of problems from solution architecture, to brainstorming, to wireframing interfaces, etc. It is really powerful to collaborate in real-time with the worldwide team and the connection with Google Drive and Office365.
  • Comfortable workflows with a really useful UI that lets you pick the right tools along the design of the diagrams, schemas or interfaces
  • It is a Cloud native solution which is really powerful when you need real-time collaboration with your team members to get the job done
  • The integration with Google Drive and Office365 lets you store those diagrams in the cloud
  • It allows you to open Visio documents
  • You can parametrically design your diagrams
  • The Lucidchart team is frequently delivering training to get you up to speed with its product
  • Even though its online interface is pretty fast and seamless, sometimes you miss native application to design your diagrams
Designing architecture and logic diagrams
Brainstorming and mindmaps
UI wireframing
Read Enrique Cuarental Bolet's full review
June 14, 2018

Lucidchart Review: "Awesome and Easy Flowchart Tool"

Lucidchart is used across the organization for groups that want to display certain processes, flows, or org charts. I work at an asset management company that has many different moving parts and asset classes with operations around the world, so all our groups create process maps to show how each of the business units interacts with one another and how processes work throughout each business group. It also helps us compile org charts and show how our legal entities tie into one another. All of this is especially helpful to show new hires to catch them up to speed and have for auditing purposes to show that we have all our operational processes mapped.
  • organizational charts
  • process mapping
  • personalization/customization
  • organization
  • price is high if you're a small business/individual
  • Can be slow/take a while to load
  • There is a bit of a learning curve with formatting and navigating the program
  • limited functionality if you choose to use the free version
If you want to get your firm organized and document processes, workflow, org charts, or map out an idea, this software is great. It can be used whether it's on a company-wide scale, for personal, or educational use. There is a free version but it is limited in terms of functionality so depending on what you need it for you may have to upgrade. I recommend the paid version for a large company. If you're an individual I recommend the free version if it suits your needs.
May 31, 2018

User Review: "Lucidchart - A Intuitive handy tool"

We used LucidChart to create technical design workflows of the customer use cases. These charts were then presented to the managers for their review before kicking off with the software product development.
  • Cloud-based software. It is lightweight software that can be used on the fly; I can design and share it with my peers.
  • Very intuitive. Drag and drop functionality. Easy to edit elements of the flow charts.
  • It's worth the price compared to its competitive products. Cheaper and can get much more.
  • It can get really cumbersome and therefore hard to read as you have many elements of the chart. Hard to keep scrolling and get a bigger picture.
  • Exporting the charts to Google docs was a bit of a hassle.
  • It was a challenge to learn how it works. Onboarding tutorial experience can be improved.
If you are representing a workflow of your customers or of a process, Lucidchart works really well. However, for an enterprise with an Ofice 365 license, its competitor products can be handy without going for Lucidchart.
Bernardo Cavalheiro profile photo
March 15, 2018

Review: "LucidChart for mind mapping and diagram building"

Lucidchart is used by several departments (strategy, concept, media...) in order to help us better organize ideas. As such, it is mostly used as a mind mapping application, alowing us to organize free thoughts in a more concrete model to facilitate the creation process of a strategy or creative idea.
  • Provides different geometric shapes and allows for a great customization
  • It's a web-based application [that's] very easy to use
  • Has some good integration and export possibilities.
  • The web application is a bit slower which makes it harder to edit.
  • The free version is a bit limited in terms of the number of shapes that it allows us to use (limited to 60 shapes)
  • There should be a desktop app.
Lucidchart is a good app for mind mapping exercises and diagrams. It is very useful for people who need to create a very well structured work process or workflow with every single step identified, allowing for an easy understanding of the process. Programmers and data scientists, for example, would find it very handy.
Read Bernardo Cavalheiro's full review
Jess Hutton profile photo
August 01, 2017

Review: "Love Lucidchart for five years and counting!"

We use LucidChart from IT mapping server setups to content strategists diagramming new website pages, to SEOs building site maps, to sales creating org charts.

I've used it for the wireframes (standard and iOS), Venn diagrams, floor plans, mind maps, org charts, timelines, and so much more.
  • I love how intuitive and easy-to-learn the LucidChart interface is.
  • They listen to users and ask openly for feedback, but also implement the changes you'd like to see in the software.
  • Managing a team of users in other software can be really tricky, but with LucidChart, it's super straight-forward. At one point, I was sharing ownership of 100+ licenses with our CTO and we had no trouble breaking the individuals out into our respective groups and managing/updating their license statuses.
  • The cost is ridiculously low (especially if you're a student or teacher). I've used LucidChart at two different companies and have a personal subscription and can't believe how affordable it is.
  • There are a few small things the software can't do or struggles with. Importing images or previous designs from other softwares gets a little wonky.
  • Linksharing and doc sharing is also a little wonky - it's never quite as seamless as you expect. I usually download a group of docs twice before I get them right.
  • The new version hid the image library - and while drag-and-drop works well, if you're not used to drag-and-drop, it's hard to figure out at first.
As a content strategist and UX specialist, I use LucidChart weekly to illustrate what I'm picturing in my head. My husband has used it to diagram the circuitry in motorcycle rebuilds. And it's super flexible for people with little to no design skills - you can literally take screengrabs, import them, and manipulate or mask them to represent what you're trying to convey. It's really easy to learn on the fly, and even easier to teach to new employees.
Read Jess Hutton's full review
Katie Nix profile photo
March 23, 2017

Lucidchart Review: "Excellent, easy-to-use tool that does exactly what it says"

LucidChart is used by our product management team and our customer operations team. Customer operations uses it to make diagrams and flowcharts when implementing new processes, training team members on existing processes, and occasionally when training on our products. It solves a business problem of visualizing workflows & disseminating clear information across the department.
  • Workflow process diagram
  • Training diagram (ex. system integrations)
  • Decision trees
  • Flowcharts
  • Easy customization (colors, shapes, font, etc.)
  • Easy editing - drag and drop elements to build/edit charts
  • More shape customization
  • Occasionally it's too fussy trying to get arrows to behave naturally (ex. they should automatically avoid crossing across other elements)
I use LucidChart pretty much anytime I need to diagram anything! It's very well suited to mapping out workflows, and easy to export & share in other tools (Slack, google docs, etc.). We use it for mapping out decision trees, process diagrams, system diagrams, etc. and it's pretty easy to make the diagrams look clean and easy to understand. It's really designed for process flows, with built-in arrow styles, process shapes, etc. and easy to drag and drop to create a complete diagram. They've improved the interface a couple of times since I first started using it and it's now very flexible and not buggy.
Read Katie Nix's full review
April 04, 2017

Review: "Lucidchart - the cloud based Visio killer"

Lucidchart has been deployed here as a replacement for Vizio for the IT department's flowchart and network mapping needs. We love its cloud features and flexibility. While some of its functionality is simple, it fills all of our needs!
  • Simple flowcharting, Lucidchart's ability to quickly output a highly modifiable flowchart makes it useful on a daily basis, where more complex systems would be overlooked.
  • Network mapping, Lucidchart's flexibility has made it an integral part in maintaining our physical network maps.
  • Rack management, Lucidchart's included rack layout tools make designing new rack layouts (and recording current layouts) simple and modular.
  • The simplicity of Lucidchart allows people with no previous knowledge of the program to enter and make edits to existing documents without risk.
  • A completely offline version of Lucidchart would be a huge benefit.
  • The built in object library could use a little bit more clarification, the cisco network mapping icons are included, but need more definition.
  • Speed of the interface is dictated by the browser, sometimes leading to drawing issues on certain machines.
Lucidchart is a great Visio replacement if you're able to use cloud based software. Due to this, Lucidchart can be a bit cumbersome in the field. At a desk, I can see no reason not to use it!

About Lucidchart

Lucidchart is an flexible yet powerful flowchart and diagram software that integrates with other collaboration tools, enabling visual collaboration for teams.