Lucidchart Reviews

January 12, 2021
KC Baltz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LucidChart everywhere we used to use Visio and more. It's quick and easy and I like the way it's web-based and integrates with our Confluence Wiki software. Flow charts are the main use but we also do system and data flow diagrams. I've even used it for office furniture layouts. The performance and ease of use are outstanding.
  • It's intuitive and easy to use
  • It's pretty flexible. It guides you to a good way to do things but doesn't force it
  • Being web-based eliminates install hassles and makes sharing the output and collaboration easier.
  • Some of the annotation tools could be easier to use
  • I'd like a auto-incrementing number pin to quickly label the steps of a process
Lucidchart is a great replacement/alternative to Visio. It's excellent for diagrams of all kinds. We use it in a software development organization and it has enabled clear communications for many designs and ideas. That said, it hasn't replaced UI mockup tools for us even though it offers the ability to make such mockups.
For the primary diagramming tools, it's quite intuitive and streamlined. For example, when drawing a flow chart, it's a simple click and drag to create a new line plus the shape at the end of it. Then, you just type to label without having to click to focus. Similarly, the decision diamond is smart enough to know the first line that leaves it should be labeled "Yes" and the second, "No". Most of the time, this is exactly what you want and once you learn the tool, it becomes even faster.
I haven't had to reach out to LucidChart support, so I can't really rate it.
Read KC Baltz's full review
Andrew Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucid Chart for all manner of graphically representative applications. We use it to map out our internal processes, workflows, and frameworks for various projects. We have started providing access to our clients to display user experience processes and allow them to edit our working files directly.
  • Graphical displays of processes
  • Wireframes for design projects
  • Org charts and department structures
  • Importing images is a bit clunky
  • Not enough graphical elements like images and icons
  • Exporting can be a bit tricky
It is incredibly versatile for a start. If you need to map out internal processes or workflows, or structures, Lucid Chart is perfect. Equally, when it comes to wireframing user experiences or design projects, Lucid Chart is more than capable of getting the job done. Being cloud-based obviously makes it extremely user friendly too.
Lucid Chart is as user friendly as you could need apart from some limits on images and icons. Sizes, shapes, colours, layouts and templates are all there for you so all you need to do is use them appropriately. It is a very comprehensive tool for what it needs to do.
This is hard to review really because we have never needed support. Anything we have required assistance with has either been covered in the user forum or we have solved oursleves. There are not too many things we have encountered that are too difficult to solve ourselves. Everything is very straight forward.
Read Andrew Knight's full review
Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Lucidchart to help wireframe out processes, site structure, and responsibilities between different departments. Lucid has been a great way for us to distill complex processes into a simple to follow structure so everyone is on the same page.
  • Process Visualization
  • Collaboration and Reviews
  • Load time causes it to lag and can sometimes be difficult to use
  • Design - getting the arrows to go the right way can be frustrating sometimes
  • Customer education on how to use the software
This is the best tool that I've used to detail complex processes to coworkers. It's fairly simple to use - especially for a simple flow chart. It can do really complex flows and be used for your engineering and dev teams, but requires a lot more training on the product than I have.
Very easy to use (for the basic functions). There's a ton of different options that you can use and it takes some time to really learn it and learn all of its functionality. Education material could be improved, but the core functionality is great!
I've never had to call support while using this product
Read Eric Serdar's full review
Matthew Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is used across our Product and Customer Success teams, mostly to document processes. Product will use it to show the flow of new demos or for UX discussions/sharing. CS uses it in order to map customer processes and save them as part of our stand up and launch process. We need some kind of diagram tool for this work and Lucidchart is cloud-based and inexpensive.
  • Cloud based
  • Auto saving
  • Collaboration
  • Diagram options and styles
  • Slow to load
  • Offline mode needed
  • Desktop version
Honestly, if you're a newer company not wrapped up in the Microsoft ecosystem, Lucidchart makes the most sense. In my mind it is the spiritual "Google Apps" version of Vizio, just not made by Google. If it was up to me I'd say Google should have made this part of the original G Suite as they lack a true Vizio competitor.
Easy to learn, have not had any questions about it since I bought licenses for my team. I use it myself and it's intuitive.
I have only contacted support once but the response was prompt. Not much else to say there.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
December 02, 2020
Simon Whight | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is a simple visualization tool for the architecture department used for visualizing network infrastructure or business processes. It solves the problem of the clunky experience of Visio by allowing us to quickly create documents that are easily sharable.
  • Simplicity
  • Great out-of-the-box components
  • I would love to see more SalesForce shapes; very AWS orientated at the moment
Quick to get up to speed and using. The freemium model allows a try before you buy. If you're trying to model something visually, definitely start here.
Absolutely--you'll be up to speed dragging and dropping in no time. There is little to no upskilling required here.
I have not had to use it.
Read Simon Whight's full review
December 04, 2020
I've used Lucidchart in each of my last two startups -- we've primarily used it as an org charting tool though it has more capabilities as well. It's been pretty heavily used by most department owners given its simplicity and low barriers to entry. It helps us understand our rapid headcount growth plans and saves us a bunch of time vs creating diagrams ourselves in Google Sheets or PowerPoint.
  • Easy to add installation to Google suite of products
  • Intuitive interface to get started quickly
  • Attractive user interface
  • I wish I could easier incorporate my companies themes / branding into the platform
  • It seems really intuitive as a org chart system but perhaps more tutorials for other use cases?
  • Google product suite security is so-so; perhaps Lucidcharts can improve upon it?
Well suited:
Not so well suited
- Deep analysis
- Clear conclusions
- A replacement for Google Slides or like platform
In my opinion this tool is fairly easy to use and intuitive...the user interface is simple and clean and I love the easy integration with the Google Suite of products. The GUI is clean and simple. I have no complaints in this regard. One opportunity for improvement is more examples of how teams can better use Lucidchart outside of obvious activities.
I have never had to contact Lucidchart support as the product was so intuitive to myself and my teams. Hence I rated this a 5/10 as I have no experience with customer service here.
November 18, 2020
Lucidchart is currently used by multiple teams scattered through out the organization. Most of the decision of using Lucidchart was made independently by each team within the organization. It enables each member in a team to have real-time collaboration with other members in designing, drawing presenting information visualization in charts, diagrams, graphs, etc.
  • No installation needed to use Lucidchart
  • Can be access from any device with any operating system using supported browsers
  • minimal client side computing and storage resources requirement
  • Integration to Microsoft software suite can be a challenge
  • need more file type export options
  • capabilities to share to people not registered to Lucidchart would be nice
Lucidchart is perfect for organizations with thin client devices or Bring Your Own (BYO) device policies because there is no download or installation needed and only require a web browser to use it. However, integration to industry-leading application might come at a cost. Moreover, in order to collaborate all team members must also already signed-up with Lucidchart.
No download, no installation approach definitely a huge plus for Lucidchart. However, internet connectivity will affect responsiveness and sometime causing lag in visual update. The abundance of template, easy of use and intuitive user experience help in adaptation for new users as well. However, the requirement of registering first might be a decisive factor for some users for not using it.
Lucidchart website already provides complete information section on how to use the product and to utilize all it's features. It also provides Frequently Asked Question section, with comprehensive list of questions and resolutions. And when we are unable to find help for a specific problem from the website, we can always submit a help request from the ticketing form provided on the website.
December 01, 2020
Lucidchart has many uses across the organization. Diagramming is the best way to communicate ideas, processes, procedures, and is a great tool for organizing thoughts as well. Lucidchart, especially in times of COVID, allows for collaboration and understanding across team members regardless of whether they are able to be in the same room and whiteboard it out. It's been incredibly useful as exactly that--a white-boarding tool, even outside of its intended use-case.
  • Robust library of diagramming shapes/icons. Covers a breadth of cloud use-cases/products as well as basic diagramming shapes.
  • Easy to use: The user interface is very good, easy to navigate, and straightforward, allowing for little fuss when creating whatever diagram you need to create.
  • Exports to any format you could need, generally speaking!
  • The new interface is great!
  • Integrations: There are so many integrations available to make using Lucidchart even better--Slack, Google G-Suite, O-365, Github, you name it!
  • Lack of Desktop Application: draw.io has a desktop application, as does Visio. It would be nice to have a desktop application for Lucidchart instead of being tied to the browser.
  • Pricing is not very transparent at all. Upgrading a personal account, for example, doesn't actually show you pricing until you get to the point of entering your card information. The dreaded "Contact Sales" messaging is there for use cases outside of personal use, making pricing a mystery until you're already on the hook.
Lucidchart is appropriate for anything from diagramming processes to whiteboarding. I've found it incredibly useful just to draw out my thoughts as a visual aid for others. It is especially helpful in these times of COVID-19 where you aren't able to be physically present with teammates. Sitting in a call, doing a screenshare, and drawing out your thoughts is an incredibly effective way to help reduce communication barriers and outline new ideas. Lucidchart is also solid when it comes to its intended purpose, which is making diagrams.
Lucidchart is incredibly easy to use. There is no learning curve; you can go from signing in/signing up to creating whatever diagram you need in no time at all--basically the time it takes to load the page. Finding shapes is easy and integrated into the lefthand pane, so really everything you need is right there.
I haven't used their support.
November 18, 2020
We use Lucidchart mainly in the IT department in order to create network diagrams and visualize technology operational processes. It allows us to quickly build and share this information both internally in IT as well as with other departments. At the same time other departments use it to create organization charts and logic flow charts.
  • Ease of sharing content
  • Great collaboration tools
  • Great library of stencils
  • It could allow for more import options for stencils
  • Printing sometimes is challenging given export process
  • Building a bigger library of stencils
Just like Office 365 or Google Docs, Lucidchart does the cloud collaboration juggling act very well by allowing teams to work together on documents and plans, in a seamless sharing environment. Having SSO integration is also very useful to simplify the access experience. The visual workspace and drag and drop functionality makes using the product simple and reduces change management.
It's a web-based application that renders itself to be very user friendly and allows for easy collaboration with great SSO integration. The interface is simple and intuitive and the sharing features are robust. The multiple capabilities and it's ability to scale to almost any team size are key to it's prowess.
Interestingly enough we only interacted with support at the initial setup of SSO integration. The product has worked flawlessly since and has not necessitated calls or emails to tech support. Based on our experience with support around SSO I can be certain that Lucidchart is very responsive and would resolve any technical problem in no time.
November 18, 2020
We use Lucidchart as our go to software for technical diagrams, organisation charts, swim lanes, concept diagrams and pretty much anything else that needs visualisation.
  • Wide range of templates to get you started
  • Easy and intuitive to use
  • Great for sharing and collaborating with customers and staff
  • Lucidchart has evolved greatly over the years and now provides all the functionality I require
Lucidchart is ideally suited for developing simple visualisations in most circumstances. It's not so well suited to complex Gantt charts where a specialized project management tool would be better.
Very easy to use and short learning curve
Good online help. We have never needed to contact their support team for further assistance
May 19, 2020
Tom Troxell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is the default chart, flowchart, wiring diagram, and visualization tool for the company. It's used in several departments, and is great for collaboration.
  • Collaboration.
  • Flexible design.
  • Easy to pick up.
  • Usable in a broad swath of business units.
  • File revision management.
  • File & folder structure.
  • Using lines to link objects is sometimes very finicky.
Great for drawing quick and clean diagrams. Really useful for any purpose where you need to make a diagram or flow chart for physical things or logical processes. Limited use for beautiful, client facing diagrams.
I've never had to use customer support directly. I think that speaks volumes to the product's quality.
Read Tom Troxell's full review
February 28, 2020
PAULIUS BUCINSKAS | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Lucidchart tool is being used across whole organization. Various departments use this tool to visualize huddle board, create different charts and tables. This is a great tool for process flow chart creation.
  • Has a lot of visualization features
  • Chart creation tool has a lot of options and is easy to use
  • Variety of pre-configured templates to speed up document creation
  • Sharing option could be improved
  • Scaling a large flow chart could be challenging
Lucidchart is well-suited to create a clear process flowchart. When you have a process that requires input from multiple support levels and can be assigned depending on specific scenarios, this is a great tool to construct a clear flowchart that will cover all possible flow scenarios.
Did not need to contact Lucidchart support once.
Read PAULIUS BUCINSKAS's full review
February 15, 2020
Lucidchart has been a handy tool over the last few years of my career. As a designer, I use it during my day to day work to create user flows. All the organizations I had worked with use/had used Lucidchart. It helps us quickly define the various paths we discuss into a visual form for someone else to promptly follow and refer to, thereby reducing the time taken to explain the process in person.
  • The templates provided are nice starter points and are thought-provoking.
  • All the basic tools are available quickly and can be easily discovered.
  • The templates are although good, don't provide more value that inspiration.
  • Lack of compatibility with other apps like Visio is a minus.
Lucidchart is a great starter tool for someone who quickly wants to make a flowchart or layout plan. I have seen some creative approaches to use Lucidchart to make artworks inspired by floor plans and organizational structures. I primarily use it to create flowcharts on the go. The infinite canvas also helps as a thinking ground.
The FAQs are pretty useful. Never had to contact support or forums, since the tool is so simple to use and understand.
December 23, 2019
Mandy Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use complex processes for our recruitment firm which flows over into different software tools. We use Lucidchart to map out the flowchart as well as the process for our company. Our processes and productivity are impressive as everything is recorded and updated. This is where Lucidchart is extremely helpful. It is easy for us to update our processes and share this with the team. The program is very easy to use, intuitive and organisation/team friendly. I have tried their competitors but found Lucidchart to be the most user friendly, value for money and less cumbersome when you need to update charts.
  • Creating flowcharts for processes
  • Creating processes especially for induction and training. Some people learn easier with a step by step visual diagram
  • Nothing to add. We are happy with the way it is.
Process flows and training for us is the most beneficial usage of Lucidchart.
Have never used their support
Read Mandy Jones's full review
November 15, 2019
David Cassel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, we use LucidChart for a variety of actions, mostly working on draft business process flows with our clients. The best thing here is that we can collaborate with our customers fairly easily, as almost all of them have Lucidchart as well. Combine that with the live viewing of their cursor, and we can sit in the same room even (or remotely) and edit things together. Otherwise, since the interface loads so quickly, it's nice to use to put together quick annotated pictures and Powerpoint style presentations. All our departments use it equally, but it's definitely more utilized by our technical architects and business analysts.
  • The program just seems to work. What I mean by this is that there's no hesitation or stutter (even on low-end hardware).
  • The collaboration features are incredible. Just like google docs, you can see the other person's cursor and share document space this way. Also, it backs up stuff in Google Drive, so you can always just share those files separately if they don't have Lucidchart for whatever reason.
  • File support. Any type of importing file (VISIO or even BPMN) can be pushed into the system and it supports images too!
  • The dumping of files into Google Docs is not something that is configurable (to the best of my knowledge) and people with limited storage might want to stop that feature.
  • I'd like to see more support for touch drawing, as it's a little buggy on my surface pro at the moment.
  • The dotted boundary when you push an object over the borderline (for a new page) is a little annoying, and this could be fixed to be a continuous grid (with scaling).
Lucidchart can be utilized by anyone who can use a mouse and keyboard. The barrier for entry is very low to make useful diagrams and to share them with friends. The cool thing about this is that you can start out small (tiny diagrams with a couple of friends) and then scale this up with multiple pages, BPMN diagrams, Use Case diagrams, and whatever you want. They provide the tools for any type of diagram in existence, and you can really get creative with the platform.
It's maybe less useful where you need very strict control on where the docs are saved, because as I understand it only works with google drive? I'd imagine something like a SharePoint integration would be ideal, but I'm not sure if this is doable already or if it takes some setup.
The team is always available to answer questions on Instagram or through their live chat, and we get calls from them about once a year asking if we're happy with stuff or want to upgrade our service. Overall, they have been really professional, and I can see that they really enjoy developing their software and helping companies with diagram creation services.
Read David Cassel's full review
September 05, 2019
Stephen Kirschenmann | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Lucidchart to map out and organize our business processes. The majority of the processes that we use Lucidchart for are to map out are our integrations between various business platforms. Some examples include the integration between our purchasing platform and our ERP, as well as our Point Of Sale system with our ERP. Finance & IT are the two departments that use the software.
  • It's easy to learn. I got started with no training.
  • It's easy to share/collaborate on files/documents.
  • They have a large variety of shapes and default templates to help you get started.
  • It is extremely difficult to export the files in a way that's easy to print on standard A4/ 8.5x11 printer paper.
For my company, Lucidchart is well suited for visualizing complex workflows and/or business process. Simple or complex org charts are much easier to make in Lucidchart than in Powerpoint.
I haven't tried it, but I don't think this would be a good replacement for presentation software, such as PPT or Prezi.
N/A because I have not had a need to contact Lucidchart's support yet.
Read Stephen Kirschenmann's full review
August 20, 2019
Rob Zimmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is a tool currently used by most staff in our department. We use it for design concept development, process workflow documentation, and development of initial marketing graphics. Having access to Lucidchart has eliminated our need to support Visio across both Microsoft and Apple platforms and makes collaboration and sharing super easy across our organization.
  • Lucidchart mimics all of the features of Visio that we need.
  • Lucidchart makes collaboration on the development of charts super easy.
  • Lucidchart helps us keep all of our charts in one on-line location where everyone can access them from anywhere.
  • I can't think of any particular cons to using Lucidchart.
Lucidchart has been an amazing tool for our team to collaborate on system design, team workflows, and early marketing graphics. It has solved the problem of having to manage a Visio software distribution process across Windows and Apple devices and lets us store our graphics all in one place (in the cloud) where everyone has access.
Usability is great and very similar to Visio. Some tasks are difficult to figure out how to do naturally, but the help system usually gets you to where you need to be quickly.
I have never needed to contact Lucidchart support, which in and of itself is awesome. The online help documents seem to always give me what I need.
Read Rob Zimmer's full review
August 13, 2019
Richard Perroset | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it primarily to create flowcharts to convey information in an organized, efficient, easy-to-read fashion. Flowcharts may have a myriad of specialized symbols to choose from, but creating a flowchart itself is surprisingly simple with Lucidchart. What I like most is that it offers numerous templates and varieties of diagrams which makes is a versatile tool that allows multiple functions to be performed from one place. It is web-based, which means there's no need to install any software on your computer. This also means that you can access it from any device with an internet connection as well as share documents to collaborate with others on projects.
  • Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive.
  • They offer a free version as well as several paid versions with increased functionality and storage.
  • Sharing diagrams can be cumbersome if others do not have the same level of access permissions.
  • The free version does not include storage so you have to download your work to save it.
  • The disadvantage of it being on the web is you are subject to outages and connection drops.
  • Keeps image sizes small since large to very large images can bog down the program.
Being a cloud based app means it is accessible from any internet device, giving you flexibility. You can collaborate in real time on your diagrams with colleagues and clients, which provides immediate feedback on any additions or modification. This dramatically reduces the time to complete a diagram and ensures it is is meeting the needs of the project or product. Lucidchart's revision history enables you to revert back to previous versions if you dislike recent changes.
It also means that nothing get lost in the different iterations of your diagrams. That comes in very handy when building a complex diagram where many changes occur before the final diagram is completed.
Being able to collaborate with your colleagues and clients while building out a diagram has been a huge benefit for us. We are able to better tailor our diagrams to meet the needs of the product and/or process by getting real-time feedback. Also, as a cloud-based tool, we are able to connect to it from any device as long as we have an internet connection and that gives us the flexibility to work on diagrams remotely.
I have not personally dealt with their support team, but I know others that have and they have found them to be helpful and responsive. They do occasionally try to up-sell you so don't be surprised if that happens. They also offer online and knowledge base support to help you find the answers you are looking for.
Read Richard Perroset's full review
November 25, 2019
We use Lucidchart to draw quick flowcharts to map out ideas, signal flows for technical requirements and also to sketch up visual descriptions of what we are proposing to clients. It allows our technical staff to draw diagrams to show other technical staff what their plans for a particular event might be. Explaining these plan via email often causes misunderstandings, but having a visual aid drawn with Lucidchart attached as well improved this a lot.
  • Quick user interface - It is very easy to draw diagrams that look good.
  • Easy to learn - The basics are very easy to learn, 5 minutes training and you can be drawing. That being said, there is plenty of depth for those who need more complex functions.
  • The arrows and leaders are smart - In some chart software, the arrows and leaders don't find their way around the other items on the page, leading to lots of time spent on "Arrow management." Lucidchart does this pretty well automatically.
  • The pop-up box to add another element to your flow chart is super useful, great for getting ideas out quickly.
  • For us, the lack of audio flow and video flow symbols is a bit of a pain. We have imported our own images, etc. to use, but some built-in ones would be nice.
Lucidchart is great for collaboration, sharing and presenting ideas, process mock ups, signal flow diagrams, organisation charts. To be honest, we use Lucidchart for making basic flowcharts quickly. It does a lot more than that but we don't fully utilise all of the features, so far though all the features that we have used have proven to be very easy to use.
No experience, sorry. High rating since we have never needed to contact customer support.
November 05, 2019
Lucidchart is used by just a few teams within our organization for specific uses - flow charts and org charts - which it does very well. I was looking for a lightweight diagramming tool to map out processes that was smart but not too rigid to be customized, and powerful but without a crazy learning curve.
  • Organizational charts
  • Floor plan / office layout planning
  • Process mapping
  • Storage space quota visibility
  • Photo management
Great for simple sketching and publishing for clear communication to our team or to the board. The boxes, lines, clip art library, and photo inputs make for very nice presentations.

It's not powerful enough for actual construction blueprints, or serious graphic design. You'll want a stronger piece of software for those situations.
October 22, 2019
We have recently implemented Lucidchart across a few different departments - marketing, product, engineering, and sales. It has been a great decision and has helped us in creating dynamic charts that we have presented to everyone from companies and execs we are selling, to our investors to internal use. It has been a great experience.
  • Great dynamic chart creation.
  • Ability to have other people contribute and collaborate.
  • A huge variety of charts that can be created for every type of need.
  • Onboarding is a bit challenging.
  • It requires some time to get used to and figure out how to use it.
  • Occasionally we have errors when trying to share charts.
I think its a wonderful solution for when you need a chart or a graph that's elaborate but still needs to be visually clean and easy to understand. we have used it across different teams and for very different needs (think sales vs engineers) but everyone has adopted it and has been using it consistently.
I have only reached out to support once when we have had an issue with sharing the charts and people not getting the invitation and just getting a tough time onboarding but it was resolved pretty fast and I don't think its a consistent issue.
September 07, 2019
I work in a relatively new company, so not only is policy constantly being altered, but so is our org chart for who is who. Our attrition is high, so we are constantly moving people around in office positions. Lucidchart makes it easy to update or make a new chart regardless of what it is being used for.
  • Org charts for in-office roles,
  • Decision trees for customer service.
  • Step by step process instructions.
  • A great visual aid when trying to facilitate training or presentation.
  • The aesthetics have room for improvement, but that's about it.
I have used Lucidchart for presentations both in college and at work. It is a great way to assist with Germane Cognitive load in any setting. I am currently a Training Support Coordinator, and also the only instructional designer in office. This means I spend a lot of my time creating learning material. I use it most nowadays for decision trees or process explanation for our customer service representatives, forced to make split-second decisions. Lucidchart helps display their options in an orderly and easily comprehensible fashion. Another way to use it is for org charts. I am a visual learner myself, and therefore like the visual aids to go along with the information being presented.
NA, I have never asked for support from Lucidchart. It is pretty self-explanatory, and there are no bugs to report.
March 26, 2019
Nathan McBride | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is used by the entire organization. Most departments are using it for workflow and engineering visualization but some, such as IT, use it for process engineering, architectural design, data visualization publishing and project tracking. It allows for any user to take a concept, whether developed or not, and bring it to life through a collaborative process. Many users will sketch an idea on a whiteboard or piece of paper and then translate it to Lucidchart to fully bring it to life. The collaborative and historical aspects of every design make the iterative process seamless and far more inventive.
  • Allows individuals to further realize engineering issues and collaborate, globally in real time, in order to resolve the issues.
  • Allows individuals and teams to define a workflow or process to use for a platform or action. For instance, before selecting an HRIS platform, we used Lucidchart to map out all HRIS processes which made selecting a platform ridiculously simple.
  • Lucidchart also allows anyone to easily publish their output so that users, both internally and externally, can view their ideas without needing a license, login or any complicated understanding.
  • The mobile aspects of Lucidchart are also fantastic as an individual can create a concept or design and present it to individuals right from their pocket.
  • Lucidchart is literally one of only a handful of apps that I feel gets it perfectly right. They listen to their customers and are constantly innovating to bring new ideas and helpful concepts to their product.
  • If I really had to extend my wish list out, one thing I would love to have is the ability to auto-expire sharing links in case I forget to retract a temporary permission assignment.
Anywhere in your organization where you need to: Create and/or publish an org chart, Create and/or publish engineering diagrams, Create and/or publish workflows, Create and/or publish process diagrams, Create and/or publish layered visualizations, Create and/or publish live database visualizations. You can effectively and immediately replace Visio with Lucidchart so any scenario where you use Visio (or any similar tool) is a scenario where you can use Lucidchart.
Read Nathan McBride's full review
March 07, 2019
Albert Ellenich | TrustRadius Reviewer
Lucidchart is being used across the organization. Some users are creating data models. Our marketing department uses it to flow new sitemap ideas. My department, UX, uses it for complex process flow illustration and sitemap creation. Our work products from Lucidchart are always used to communicate with colleagues across departments and during ideation sessions when working through complex user tasks for our software products.
  • Lucidchart makes it extremely easy to quickly draw out a sitemap using the sitemap shapes. You can drop one shape on the canvas, open its details, and type your entire site outline in and Lucidchart creates a beautiful sitemap.
  • Shapes for decisions in some of the provided templates are too small to contain the amount of text I often need when I'm creating a process flow diagram. Lucidchart allows me to make a custom shape that fits my needs and makes it reusable across projects as a new shape template.
  • Drawing a diagram is very easy when you're working within a shape template. Lucidchart allows you to drag a connection from any point on a shape and gives you the ability to pick the next shape in the context of what you're doing without going back to the shapes palette to pick it. This saves a lot of time!
  • I've found layers very useful when illustrating a sitemap with users who have different access permissions to a website. I create a master sitemap layer and put each unique user on their own layer with a different colored shape overlaying each element of the master sitemap they have access to. By turning layers on/off, I can quickly show which areas of a site individual user types have access to.
  • I love the ability to work with the sitemap shapes, drop a shape and type in my entire site to let Lucidchart automatically create the visual map. The downfall is trying to make edits using the same text editor later. You can add new shapes and move existing ones around with ease in your map, but I'd love the ability to click a shape and open the editor with the shape I selected highlighted so I can begin editing there. Instead, the editor opens and you have to scroll around looking for the page you want. The editing window is also small, so this task is almost impossible to do.
  • I sometimes have problems with the alignment of my shapes on the canvas when I'm trying to use a grid. Lucidchart seems to snap off my gridlines sometimes. And if the canvas changes, my grid spacing changes, causing my shapes to be off the grid I've defined.
  • Shapes on a canvas display a red dot for locations you can click to pull out a connector and add a new shape. I notice when I'm on the middle of a shape line that a 2nd hollow dot appears to the side of the shape which allows me to also drag from it to create a new connector. I'd prefer having the solid dots on the actual shape to avoid the confusion about where you're clicking if you're working in a congested map.
Lucidchart is well suited for creating sitemaps, even with the UX flaws of the text editor provided for making a map. Autoconnection of shapes and flowing according to several flow types are excellent time savers. I probably use Lucidchart mainly for drawing complex workflows requiring multiple decision points and pathways. Lucidchart makes it very easy to create these kinds of charts once you create a shape template that best suits your needs. I find Lucidchart less suited for creating documents for print. Resizing shapes doesn't change text size within and things can get ugly fast. Lucidchart doesn't work well with shapes containing lots of text—like more than a few words. You have to manually break lines in your text to make it flow in a shape and stay readable. There isn't a way to set interior margins on a shape, so your text runs into and sometimes over the shape lines.
Read Albert Ellenich's full review
March 07, 2019
Jay Hall | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LucidChart across the entire organization to help provide insight into processes and workflows. Lucidchart is super easy to use and I love the ability to hyperlink shapes to direct users with a web page where I can show them exactly what I'm referencing.
  • Making Workflows with the shapes feature on Lucidchart makes this product super easy to use and read.
  • I love the multiple page options as well. So I am able to "paint" the whole picture of a process and then duplicate the page and then strictly focus on a particular stage of the process on each page.
  • The ability to share LucidChart pages with others who don't use Lucidchart is also super simple. You can send them an email or just give them a link to view your document. Very easy.
  • Transferring documents to another Lucidchart user after someone has left the organization is also very easy and Lucidchart prompts you to do this once you remove the user. Very smart.
  • I really like how you can download your LucidChart documents into PDFs so you can easily share the file in emails or Slack.
  • Honestly, there is nothing that I can see that could make this product easier or better to use.
Great tool to create/display processes/workflows, share documents, outline flow, and share marketing emails.
Read Jay Hall's full review

What is Lucidchart?

Lucidchart is a presented by the vendor as a flexible yet powerful flowchart and diagram software that integrates with other collaboration tools, enabling visual collaboration for teams.

Lucidchart Features

Has featureIntegrations with industry-leading applications
Has featureReal-time collaboration with team
Has featureExport and import current diagrams from various systems

Lucidchart Screenshots

Free$0per month
Individual7.95per month
Team9.00per user/per month
EnterpriseCustom Pricing

The Team Pricing increases depending on the number of users on the account.

Lucidchart Customer Size Distribution