Overall Satisfaction with SugarSync
I use SugarSync as a personal solution for my business. SugarSync enables me to know my entire documents and desktop folders are always backed up as well as access my data remotely, anytime. The biggest problem it solves for me is remote access. As a small business, we don't have fancy "remote" servers to access our data from anywhere, but SugarSync allows me to access any document, at any time, simply from my phone.
- Backs up selected folders from your hard drive (i.e. unlike Dropbox you can leave your files where they are - they don't need to be in a specific folder to sync).
- Allows for easy mobile access; awesome iPhone applications means my files are always just a click away.
- Runs in the background without me ever noticing.
- I wish I could more easily see what files are being synced as it happens; sometimes I am nervous that something is too large to sync or isn't done syncing before I close my computer.
- On a mac, it would be nice if the bird logo didn't constantly appear at the bottom of my screen and it ran truly incognito.
- I've used it for 9 years, so the impact is definitely positive. It has enabled me to always feel confident that I won't lose my data.
- At times when I have accidentally saved-over rather than saved-as, the versioning tool allows me to quickly find the old version and recover it.
- The mobile application makes my data available to me at all times - increasing my ability to do business from anywhere.
- Dropbox, Box and Google Drive
SugarSync, like all solutions, has its place in the data storage stack within a company. The main reason SugarSync is better than the other solutions is that it enables me to leave my hard drive organized and keep my existing file trees. I don't have to constantly move or copy files to a specific folder if I want them backed up.
SugarSync is best as an individual backup tool and remote access tool. In my opinion, SugarSync is less useful in multi-user scenarios. It is really more of a personal business solution, as opposed to a more organizational solution.