Reviews (1-25 of 26)
- Intuitive interface that allows for quick event setup
- Variety of options when creating order form, allowing for helpful data collection of guests
- Easy to send an email to all attendees at once, if necessary
- Design options and customization have room for improvement
- Embedding feature is somewhat lacking
- Great for free events when an RSVP is needed.
- Useful when managing and planning around a large guest list.
- Great for local community organizers to increase visibility of events.
- Keeps you organized
- Provides event description
- Allows you to create tiered tickets
- If it allowed you to use it directly in an app without having the click out, you would save a step
- If it allowed you to see who is going without sharing on Facebook
- If it allowed you to see what discount codes are available
- Event management--providing a detailed description of the event (date, time, place) plus details of the event (speakers, topic, sponsors, etc.)
- Registrations--provides enough details about people who register, and tools to manage those registrations (add people manually who didn't pre-register, cancel orders, check-in of attendees)
- Event promotion--events created using Eventbrite can be found by searching Eventbrite for local events
- Integrations: The integration with MailChimp used to be fairly seamless. There was an Eventbrite template I could pick within MailChimp if I chose that as my email option from within Eventbrite. It's not as simple anymore.
- Social Media: I promote my events on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. The Twitter link to use is in one place, the Facebook integration/link is totally different and in a separate place, and LinkedIn isn't even considered. I create a tracking link for LinkedIn, but your tracking links don't provide the information I want.
- Google Analytics: Because your integrations and tracking links are so lacking, I have to use a more complex tool to track the information I want--where did people see my event, and where are they signing up from? It seems like a simple thing to determine, yet I still don't know the most effective means of communicating my event to people to drive people to register.
If you're hosting something where you need registration that involves payment, Eventbrite is a great way to do it with easy payment collection. It's also a product many users are familiar with (I've yet to find a person who hasn't signed up for an attended an event through Eventbrite.
- Organized well for event logistics/questions: great to refer to before, during or even after an event (time/location/attendees etc.)
- Great way of communicating with attendees: whether in a public post on the event page or handling follow up afterwards
- Trusted brand that many companies are using: don't have to worry about spam events
- Finding events organically (I've only used Eventbrite for events that have been sent my way)
- Communicating other features/functionality that the average user may not know (I have a feeling I'm not using the platform to it's fullest potential)
- Can't think of any other cons really; it serves its purpose pretty well in my opinion
For the organizer, they are able to clearly communicate any information with those attending or interested in attending the event.
For the attendees, they are easily able to access event details, communicate with the organizer, as well as add events to their personal calendar.
And for those that couldn't attend, they're able to get in touch with the organizer for any follow up questions and output where applicable.
- Event creation and attendees registration.
- The tool allows you to send the invitations, check on bounces, and review who has clicked & RSVP'd.
- Being able to manage waitlists, multiple ticket types, reimbursements, and custom order forms, all through the application.
- Eventbrite could be better with third-party integrations (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) rather than its own website.
- Sometimes it can be difficult to get in contact with support which causes delays in having issues resolved.
- It would be great if the analytics were more robust and expansive.
FYI: It can be hard to share links to events that aren’t directly being sent to friends or direct contacts.
- Eventbrite is a well-known and trusted place for purchasing tickets. That trust helps us sell tickets. It also eliminates the need for integrating some other payment system into a webpage, which would be the alternative.
- Eventbrite makes sending invitations easy. Upload contacts and using contacts from a previous event is very straight-forward. Building emails is simple, since there are a couple of prebuilt templates.
- Discount codes and strategic pricing structures are a significant part of our marketing for events. Eventbrite makes it easy to offer discount codes. We also create several ticket types that include multi-ticket discounts, early-bird type specials and more. Each of which help us reach our audience at the right time with the right price.
- I'd like to see Eventbrite add more customization to the event page layout. It would be nice to be able to differentiate our event through more specific design.
- I've had occasional problems with email formatting in the Eventbrite email builder. It would be nice to have a slightly more trustworthy builder.
- Other than those two things, I think Eventbrite does exactly what it needs to do.
Eventbrite will do better on the more simple end of the event spectrum. For a business with hundreds of events and complex integration needs, it might not provide all that you want.
- Collects pertinent info from event attendees
- Promotes events that are open to the public by syncing with social media platforms
- Makes the registration process easy for attendees and organizers
- The only glitch we have ever had with Eventbrite was related to a discount code, but we were able to fix it relatively easy by contacting their support center.
- Eventbrite is simple and easily accessible if you have the app downloaded on your device.
- The layout of the application is also very easy to follow which makes it simple for everyone.
- It is nice that all the information that you need, maybe for an event, is already uploaded to the application, and you do not have to do much.
- Because of the simple layout, sometimes there is trouble scanning the barcode and there is no way to blow up the image or change the view.
- Management of a history of your events that attendees can see to better understand the type of events to expect from us
- Integration with Facebook
- Optional information gathering about attendees
- Report generation including attendee list
- Fairly easy to use as a paid ticketed service for the occasional events we create that have an admission cost
- Really good mobile management app for RSVP management
- While integration with Facebook is fairly seamless, once you have uploaded the event description to Facebook, any additional revisions must be made on both Eventbrite and Facebook individually. It's not a live integration.
- My initial on boarding was extended by needing to seek information through various blogs, outside users and exploration through the site. More comprehensive training for first timers to the site would be welcome.
- Integration with the manager calendar would help the marketing timeline. It's helpful to get email reminders, but would be fabulous if milestones could be dropped in my calendar.
- Easy to use, and event history is as your finger tips
- Wonderful phone support at all hours
- Easy to set up event
- Discount codes are difficult to customize for our situation
- Can't seem to get notification sent out when I upload the distribution list
- Auto full would be nice when I have to register people, I have to reenter every time the same people and it can be time consuming
- Ability to email attendees an attachment. We send out speaker slides to all attendees the day before the event. I can't do that currently. Just the ability to email all attendees would be awesome
Great report running capabilities.
- Maintains constant counts of attendees
- Allows for easy payment acceptance
- Allows for fast post-event follow up and helps build out your email marketing list for future events
- Lower fees would always be nice :)
- Better marketing tools to get the word out about events (similar to a meetup)
Not as great for free events, it measures some, but not all attendance. When people do not have to pay to RSVP or when there is open registration, they are less likely to sign up with eventbrite.
- Eventbrite uses roughly 21 categories ranging from business to music to the arts and 20 event types that cover classes, networking, galas and more that will offer an array of outstanding opportunities to meet new people and enjoy a variety of activities.
- Eventbrite also allows users to keep track of events that friends and business associates are participating in which lets one piggyback on the selections of others.
- I also like the mobile ticket feature for events so that they are on my phone without having to print them and the calendar inclusion feature which makes it easy to keep track of upcoming events.
- The staff at Eventbrite needs to make it easier to search for events in other cities. When I travel, having the ability to search and identify events in the arrival city would add to the robustness and functionality of the site.
- The customer support topics are too narrow. There are times when I have a question unrelated to an event, but can't submit it because I don't have an event url.
- It allows clients to publish pertinent info about their event, to the event (who what where and how much).
- Guests can register and pay all in one use.
- It produces a hard copy ticket that can be scanned upon arrival to event.
- It makes more ease of use and ease of record keeping as you can download an Excel file with all information captured to add to a database.
- Larger font when registration info is downloaded.
- Daily reports (tallys, people registered, etc.) delivered to email without having to go into the file.
- Better pixels for pictures that are uploaded for event marketing purposes.
- Tracking of attendees
- Event detail page and tickets sales are exquisite
- Letting others share the event
- User friendly interface
- Excellent and professional looking design
- Non-profit version should be available for a lower cost on ticket sales
- Difficult beginner learning curve
- Not 100% customizable
- The pricing for your event can be customized by different levels of pricing based on main registration or a guest registration. It also can have date breaks so you can use early bird type registration and last minute registration with different pricing based on date registering.
- It is important that you can edit the event throughout the process of it being live. Sometimes you need to change things up or add a new pricing level and Eventbrite lets you make edits throughout.
- The overall process to set up is very intuitive. You don't need to watch a 30 minute video to figure out how to create and manage an event. Anyone can do it by following the steps.
- It is always a plus if there are many options for templates and color/theme customizing.
- I do not recall there being a social share type function with tracking but that would be helpful.
- Tracks attendee numbers and information.
- Keeps attendees informed of event details.
- Lets attendees know when more events are coming.
- Could have better integration with social media beyond hyperlinks (i.e., automatically creates a formatted Facebook event).
- Could integrate better into other organization's websites.
- Very easy to use and setup.
- Great integration with Facebook.
- Looks very professional and clean.
- Fees they charge for processing orders is a little too high...actually deterred some of our clients from using the tool.
- Eventbrite allowed us to send reminders to those who registered. This is a strength, as it certainly helped us increase event attendance.
- Eventbrite allowed us to track how many organization members and non-members were attending our event. This allowed us to observe how we were able to increase awareness for our organization (by attracting many new non-members).
- Eventbrite allowed us to track order numbers. This was especially useful in allowing us to provide strong customer service to individuals who had questions about their payment and registration confirmation.
- Eventbrite allowed us to provide one email for event registrants to contact with any concerns. The option to provide multiple emails to contact would have been more efficient to allow for quicker responses.
- Eventbrite allowed gave event registrants the opportunity to visit our organization's profile on Eventbrite, which was useful to inform individuals about our organization. It would have been helpful for us to allow registrants to view profiles for featured guests at our event as well.
- Manages event registration list
- Allows people to find your event by topic in your area
- Notifies registrants when your event draws near
- You can't have a short registration form since eventbrite requires some fields
- Needs to integrate with more marketing solutions
Eventbrite Scorecard Summary
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform that provides creators of events with tools and resources to plan, promote, and produce live experiences.
The vendor says event organizers can benefit from Eventbrite’s self-service event planning tools including email invitation creation, RSVP tracking, and ticket selling. Ticket sales can be managed online via the ticketing website or through integration with social media sites including Facebook, and real-time sales data aims to help event planners assess attendance and profit.
The platform includes powerful discovery channels and robust marketing tools, which, according to the vendor, facilitate high conversion rates. Eventbrite's goal is to help users zero in on the most interested event-goers and sell more tickets to their events.
Only pay when ticket sales are made Essentials plan: 2% + $0.79/ paid ticket Professional plan: 3.5% + $1.59/ paid ticket Premium plan: contact Eventbrite for a custom pricing plan Free for free events
Eventbrite Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Eventbrite Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||Catalan, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish|