Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Desktop
Right now we use Tableau to generate cost status reports. It's the hub that all of our accounting systems feed into. It provides a solution to be able to compare data from multiple sources in an easy side by side report.
- It generates great reports that are easy to read.
- It can take data from a variety of accounting systems.
- It can refresh data in real time.
- Visually it's pretty boring. Could have a more modern look.
- It would be nice to be able to easily visualize the data on the fly from the reports it generates. If there is a way, I have not found it!
- Microsoft Excel
Excel is the only other tool I could compare in this category. It does not ingest information or make easy to read reports like Tableau. I use Excel to do research exercises where I use Tableau to send reports to throughout the company.