Tableau Server is greathttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTableau ServerUnspecified8.26581012018-10-05T17:02:50.696Z
October 05, 2018
Tableau Server is great
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Server
At the moment just a small group is using it. However, we hope after we have more workbooks set up and people see the benefits, the user base will expand to the whole department and then organization. It allows for quick dissemination of the usual data and quick question answering, as well as consistent outputs within our group.
- Quick access to data in one place that is easy to find
- Ability for inexperienced users to interact with the data
- Easy sharing, downloading. Everyone can get what they want.
- Management of users is easy
- Editing a workbook in Server has gotten much better, but it would be nice to add even more Desktop-like functionality.
- Not being able to get rid of the Default project is annoying.
- When tasks fail, send an email to the admin instead of just a notification in server.
- Would be great to be able to purchase more licenses within Server.
- More employee time to work on other areas
- Less reliance on vendors
- consistent graphs for everyone
The troubles have just been due to my lack of experience setting the whole thing up and the Tech team's lack of experience with Tableau.
Can set up each user to have completely different permissions. Who can edit, delete etc. Gives you confidence that the right people will be touching things and nothing will get ruined.
It works great, but you need licenses. Would be nice to be able to share a restricted version to people without it.
Support is great. I always tell new employees to go watch the videos on the Tableau website, it is the best intro to all of it.