Tableau - A world of visualizations at your fingertips.https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTableau ServerUnspecified8.26581012018-11-01T22:05:02.260Z
November 01, 2018
Tableau - A world of visualizations at your fingertips.
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Server
It is being used to help our clients visualize their usage data from different angles. It is being used by a handful of people across the organization. It helps expose our big data hosted on Cloudera clusters to display them in a unique way.
- Very easy to create neat visualizations in a professional way.
- Easy to publish workbooks to Tableau server for global access
- Different ways to group and slice the data
- Custom SQL are not intuitive when dealing with Cloudera connections
- Simple data tables are harder to create than complex visualizations
- Large extracts are not very performant
- Cubes are not supported on Tableau
- Easy to create reports on fast turnaround and deployment times
- Tableau Server does not scale very cost-effectively
- Does not require a huge development team for Tableau
Because our back end is hosted on Cloudera clusters and the amount of data is huge, using it to perform the extract was not performant. Also since the data is so big, the performance of the reports were very slow. We opted to use Impala to connect live to the data. That sort of improved the situation.
It is easy to publish and share the Tableau dashboards within the company with just a few clicks
There are numerous online training and guides, but when it comes to technical support services, it was rather slow and did not fully address the problems at hand.