October 31, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Talend Data Quality
- Scalability: On month-ends, the volume of the data is twice as much as other weeks, so Talend bandwidth scales well.
- Availability: I have never seen the service interrupted.
- Usability: The graphical user interface of dragging and dropping services is great.
- DB support: It supports all our database connectivity, use Postgres and MongoDB.
- Bugs: Came across some of the bugs in transforming column datatype especially on text.
- Speed: Sometimes, bandwidth fluctuates in the data transfer as identified from logs, but so far so good.
- Connector support: So far have not seen Actian Matrix plugins, could be useful.
- Definitely simplified the development efforts on our end in doing the data integration, saving lots of human hours.
- Small company, so cost could be a problem for these services, but works so far.
- AWS DMS
Have tried AWS Data Migration Services to do this, but found it to be buggy and immature product. Also tried on - prem developed scripts to do the integration but could not scale as we intended.