May 06, 2014
Manager, Strategic Talent Acquisition
MedxcelWholesale, 10,001+ employees
Score 6 out of 10
We implemented Taleo to support our parent company and all subsidiaries that rolled up underneath it (300+ locations throughout the US and Canada). The software was chosen to allow us to have different workflows and onboarding portals based on the company and/or country. It also allowed us to have the hiring managers more engaged in the candidate review process.
- Taleo's user interface is easy to follow, even for non technology savvy individuals
- Taleo Enterprise is highly customizable, which allows you to create different user experiences
- Taleo's integration capabilities allowed for us to have a highly automated candidate selection and onboarding process; this allowed us to eliminate large quantities of paper and avoid delays during our process
- Customer support with Taleo was less than satisfactory. There were often times I had to spend hours to resolve the issues myself because they couldn't provide assistance and would forward it on to the development team (black hole of tickets).
- At the time I was using it, there were issues utilizing the system on mobile devices because it ran on Flash and Apple doesn't support it.
- The Onboarding configuration is a challenge; every time you want to make a change, you have to create an entirely new workflow.
- Reduced expenses through the creation of e-personnel files
- Improved candidate experience during the application process including fewer "drop offs"
- Improved hiring manager engagement during the screening and selection process
- Improved onboarding processes and new employee engagement
During the evaluation process, we looked at PeopleClick, VirtualEdge, and Brass Ring. Taleo provided the functionality, configurability, and integration tools we needed to support our organization without breaking the bank on implementation and service fees.
I am now associated with a smaller organization that doesn't necessarily need the horsepower Taleo brings to the table in their Enterprise edition. There may be an opportunity to utilize their Business edition, but my current employer isn't a position to make a change at this time.
During the selection process, you will definitely want to get into a staging environment and be able to play around. We were sold functionality that did not exist yet was critical to our process. We ended up being delayed almost 10 months waiting for them to create the functionality (dynamic approval routing). I believe the Enterprise solution is well suited for larger organizations or those with multiple business units. I would also recommend it for anyone who wants a highly customizable solution.