Overall Satisfaction with TaskRay
TaskRay was used as our project management tool to manage development efforts through each stage of the process. The project management [team] would develop the task list. Each task was represented by a tile on the Kanban board. We could associate the tasks to sprints, set estimates on work, and assign to developers. As development completed tasks, it would move into a QA stage for verification. Another team would pick up on the tasks, verify functionality, and move into staging. From there all tasks would go through change management before moving to production. The Kanban board gave management a great tool to view progress and identify blockers in the development life cycle.
- Kanban Board View for moving tasks from stage to stage. Easy to see where work is. Each team has visibility as to what is coming down the pipeline.
- Great time keeping capabilities with its integration with Salesforce. Know exactly where your staff is spending their time with each project, across all the various tasks being worked.
- Quickly identify Blockers with shading tasks. Staff would identify these blockers with a quick check mark inside the task details and Project Management would know to step in to assist. Great feature when working through Sprints.
- Easy to schedule repeatable tasks for each day or week. If you have recurring Sprint Meetings, you can setup the task to recreate itself after it has been closed during its next scheduled interval.
- During my use, I would at times get responsive issues in regards to tasks opening, editing task details, or moving from stage to stage. This didn't occur for quite some time until we started loading the system with extensive projects and hundreds of tasks to each project. While unfortunate to run into these performance issues, many applications run into similar issues when working many simultaneous tickets at the same time.
- Customization to the task layouts is a bit cumbersome.
- If you are running a lot of stages, 8 - 12, moving tasks from one side of the board to the other can take a little bit of work. At the time there were no quick close capabilities on the tasks to redirect the task to its final stage.
- It was highly effective in organizing projects and sprints.
- Time cards were easy to manage.
- TaskRay's integration with Salesforce is a huge win as well as you can leverage workflows, approval processes, and alert notifications.
TaskRay is a simple solution to install and get moving with. Project creation, stage setup, and task creation are just a few great features that are simple to set up. Remedyforce & Service Manager are a more enterprise type application for more service desk type environments. JIRA is a highly used and close favorite with project management. At the end of the day, simplicity for setup and configuration as well as day to day usability went hands down to TaskRay over JIRA.
TaskRay is a great solution for small to medium sized businesses running multiple projects at the same time. It is very cost effective and their development team is actively adding new functionality regularly. If you prefer working from a tiled Kanban board view, this is highly worth evaluating.