Overall Satisfaction with TaskRay
We use it across 3 departments to track and organize projects. The primary use is with our implementations department in implementing new customers.
- Visual appeal - using an application that looks good is an often overlooked thing that is actually important. Some things are simply off-putting to look at and if you have to use it for hours at a time it's a drag. TaskRay looks really good and makes sense.
- UI - This is sort of related to visual appeal but this is more about the user's experience. This application is incredibly intuitive and simple to use but has the depth that we need as well.
- Support and Training - TaskRay's online resources are so good that we've only had to contact them once or twice with a question.
- We would like to be able to sort tasks by task name.
- It has highly increased the efficiency and communication with our teams. We are a virtual company and this is the most important benefit we get from Task Ray.
TaskRay does not require you to be a certified project manager to manage your project like MS Project. We also tried using the Salesforce free project solution but it's not as tightly integrated with SF as the TaskRay and again not nearly as easy to use. We also used ConnectWise in the past but again it was it's own silo and not integrated with the rest of our business software so it was difficult to use it in practice.
TaskRay Feature Ratings
Evaluating TaskRay and Competitors
Yes - Accounting Seed Projects which is not really a project tracking system (it's for accounting) but it had some simple tracking capabilities.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Usability was by fart the most important factor. The other factors really weren't considered although if it had been to expensive usability wouldn't have mattered.
Not sure - We do not consider change management so this question is not relevant to our organization.
I have not had many support issues but when I have, they have been courteous helpful, and solved the issue.
Problems get solved
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Their support was great. Once we could not determine how to get queue members properly notified. (This is not fully a Taskray function. It's more of a Saleforce function but the queue in question was a TaskRay queue so...) I sent in a case email and then worked with Darren who described a work around then provided me with a link to the "idea" that someone had already sent in so that I could vote on it.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Templates are not true templates. For some reason folks keep overwriting "templates" which are just projects that you label as a template in order to copy.