September 17, 2015
Engineer in Customer ServiceInformation Technology and Services Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TeamSupport
I work with the Technical Customer Support department, we use it to support all of the customers in our organization and track their issues. We use TeamSupport for both help desk inboxes and personal customer support. We also use it to run reports on current issues, track tasks and manage reporting of individuals' progress.
- Strong reporting options available.
- Good support team who answer questions quickly.
- Adding new features to the product.
- Needs increased use for personal supporting: currently no out of office, backup engineer on issue where they are default support, can't have TeamSupport send an email as the person, have to use a broad alias.
- Needs more integration with email, ability to work with email APIs to create tickets from personal email, images don't work correctly, can't attach emails in the same ways.
- Mobile site is not very useful which hurts the ability to support when away from your computer.
- Allows for better tracking of SLAs we have with customers
- Management feels better informed of the issues their engineers and customers are dealing with
- Sales likes being able to track their customer's issues in the portal
Does 90% or greater support happen when anyone can email a single 'help desk' style email address? Then it works very well and most of the features will be great. However if you have single customers contacting single support engineers the TeamSupport tool is not very well suited for this scenario and will require a change in the overall structure of your support workflow.