Overall Satisfaction with The Raisers Edge
We are currently using Raiser's Edge in our development department to manage our donors and volunteers.
- We love the versatility of the information we can pull using queries and reports.
- The system is very easy to use.
- Besides the detailed instruction manual, there is a whole online community where you can ask questions to other Blackbaud users as well as a "knowledge base" you can ask questions on. If you still cannot find the answer, you can chat with the support team at Blackbaud.
- Blackbaud will eventually change over to a cloud platform called Raiser's Edge NXT (currently being offered but has some kinks to work out) which requires you to be hosted by Blackbaud and the pricing plan will depend on the number of records you have instead of a flat fee.
- Pricing is expensive and not realistic for smaller non-profit organizations.
- There is some difficulties working with soft credits in reports and queries.
- Overall, Raiser's Edge is great! We are able to track our appeals, mailings and other correspondence to see what action brings the most in donations.
For larger companies, Raiser's Edge is a great tool to manage donors and volunteers. It is less appropriate for small organizations. The annual fee is too much especially if you are wanting more "modules" like Volunteer, Tribute, and Event which do not come with the basic software.