TIBCO Jaspersoft Review 19 of 99
TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "A Visually Great Tool to Produce Great Visuals"
https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTIBCO JaspersoftUnspecified7.5236101
Updated May 22, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "A Visually Great Tool to Produce Great Visuals"

Score 7 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Jaspersoft

• We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers
We have a need to provide analytics and reports to clients. We want to present information, which can be complex, in a way such that it is easy to read, useful, and relevant. Clients are then able to use this information to understand how their business is performing and make better short and long term decisions.
  • Providing various methods of embedding visual components in our application. For instance, either via iframe, or directly.
  • Jaspersoft Reporting tool provides some wonderful visual components.
  • Every time I have contacted Jaspersoft customer support to addition assistance, I have been pleased with the level of support I have received.
  • My biggest issue is with the TIBCO ETL tool which I have used to transform data into a data warehouse. Specifically project files, which are stored in a SVN repository, save information about that SVN repository. This becomes a problem when backing up / restoring / transferring projects between repositories.
Currently these features are developing which use Jaspsersoft Reporting have not gone to general release. Our preliminary finding from our beta group have them wanting more! So we are on the right track there. We have found that templating our similar reports / visualizations have reduced development time.
  • Jaspersoft Standard Support or Professional Standard Support for AWS (12 annual cases)
  • Jaspersoft Community
Depends at which level of platform support we are looking at. Front end support we want a dynamic interface that can be shown on multiple screen sizes and devices - which is extremely important. At this time multiple data source support is not a high priority but maybe in the future.
Multi-tenancy is extremely important. We cannot function without this. This goes towards security of the data when working with personal information.
I have found them to be on par in my experience. In terms of why my company selected Jaspersoft - I am happy to use both and was not involved in that part of the selection process. I came more involved later.
In our case it is well suited for displaying visualizations to our clients. The reporting tools are well serving us very well. We are also using TIBCO ETL tools to transform and add our data to a data warehouse. While ETL tools require a learning curve and are not for the average user - we have found it fairly easy to use.

TIBCO Jaspersoft Feature Ratings

Publish to PDF
Report Versioning
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
REST API
Javascript API
iFrames
Java API
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)

Support and Training

Support

I have found quick response from Jaspersoft Support. Some of my support questions may not get the response I am looking for but I have found the support personal to work with me tell I feel that the support request is resolve.

TIBCO Jaspersoft Customer Support Pros and Cons

Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None

Implementation Details / Implementation Partner

• Implemented in-house

Implementation

We are in control of our implementation and currently making improvements to it. Keeping up today with Jaspersoft if a priority to utilize it's latest features.

Training Types Used

• Online training
  • Self-taught
Being mostly self-taught has not impacted our success negativity. From a developers perspective I think it is critical for our success.

In-Person Training

Online Training

As developers, I think we often look for specific technical use cases. Sometimes we find these cases in the community, sometimes we don't. Often online training is high level or general use case which may not address my needs.

Ease of TIBCO Jaspersoft Training

Yes I would.

Customer Success Team

No, I have not engaged with this program.