Overall Satisfaction with TravelBank
My sales team currently utilizes an Excel sheet to manage their travel reimbursements. Typically, we would need to either tape the receipts to a paper and then scan the receipts to a PDF or take a picture with the phone, convert the image to a PDF, collate and then submit the receipts. With TravelBank, I take a picture of the receipts and make simple edits within the app to identify the transaction type. At the end of the month, I finalize the receipts within the TravelBank app and this creates a PDF that includes an itemized list as well as images of the receipts. I copy off the itemized list of receipts onto the Excel sheet and include the PDF to my accounting team. This app has saved me and my team considerable time when having to prepare and submit our travel expenses.
- It will automatically identify the name of the merchant.
- It's easy and quick to take picture of a receipt.
- Generates reports.
- You have to enter in the amount-- which I'm OK with doing, since other apps don't OCR the amount.
- Condense the receipts to fewer pages.
- Remember transaction types, ie Chevron should be "Gas," Chevy's should be "Meals."
- Saved me time in preparing my expense reports.
- Saved me time in reviewing expense reports from my team.
- I don't have to mess with the receipts trying to remember what I had spent.
It is much easier to use than Concur, but typically Concur is mandated to use. We also quickly tried other apps but found that TravelBank was the best. Other apps had issues in trying to recognize the amount if a tip was added and often failed. This is why I like entering in the actual value.