Learn UiPath RPA, Get certified, Master the RPA industry
Updated March 25, 2020
Learn UiPath RPA, Get certified, Master the RPA industry
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform
First thing first, UiPath is a golden tool for us. Our mainstream work covers the data scraping and organizing the data. Earlier we used to scrape the data with Python (Specially BeautifulSoup). It was quite a lengthy process. One had to understand the python scrips and logic which were scraping data. Hardly we have 2-3 staff for that. Python took a long time to scrape any required information. In python, you have to transform logic each time something changes to a webpage. Now as we have implemented UiPath RPA, our whole team is more than happy. we have changed the working technology from the root. We now have a team of 10 people and all have a beginner to advanced level of knowledge. All are at least Level 2. We all are dedicated to our work and leave no loops which tamper our image. Even our junior interns can make good scraping workflows. Our main problem was to scrape twitter hashtags and data related to that. Earlier it took a whole day to scrape 10000 tweets with python, in contrast, we can do that in very less time. We generally scrape data from Twitter and TripAdvisor to generate positive and negative reviews for our partner firms.
- "One tool to master Data scraping": If your organization's main goal is to achieve data from internet and social media (like us) then focus on UiPath. There are very fine and crafted specific tools are available for data scraping in UiPath RPA. Initially, if you go for Python, you will end up wasting time. You will get a small result after brainstorming too much. Rather using UiPath you can select tags or HTML words just like you inspect element in your browser.
- "UiPath OCR APIs": You can not get a platform where you have OCR APIs at one place. You can have Google OCR, Microsoft OCR and ABBYY Reader plugins in the tool. If you face output problems with One OCR you can switch to another anytime. There is always a need for OCR when you do PDF Scraping or Screen Scraping. So why not go for UiPath rather than having multiple OCRs in your system.
- "Automation at its best": I am a user of Selenium from Linux. Though you cannot compare both yes, Selenium does some sort of automation for the web. You don't have to code anything in UiPath. If you are good enough with your Software Engineering skills (Like flow charts, DFDs etc) you are good to go. Not many prerequisites.
- Yes, REFramework needs some more level of understanding. UiPath Academy must give video tutorial for ReFramework on their Academy. REFramwork is very good, fault tolerant practice was given by UiPath which requires a good level of understanding the concepts.
- UiPath RPA should have a Linux package so that Linux users can too use this tool. Ubuntu support of this tool will add a new dimension of Automation.
- UiPath does not provide on-screen log system. Logging the automation step by step like a log manager will add a developer mode to the workflow. It'll be easy to debug the process.
- More customers, more profits: we have been using this tool since last year. We obviously can see our growth. Our customer specifically like our outputs and actual data from Twitter and social media.
- Our hashtag got more power. A Twitter hashtag gains power when the content attached with it is quite good. Our algorithms fit best with UiPath automation workflow. We scrape trending hashtags and data along with it. Our insights also scrape the tweets which can gain more power but are not rated enough at that current time.
- As we cannot use this tool on Linux/Ubuntu we had to shift our complete platform from Ubuntu to Windows. Though we could use Virtual Machines, it would add more cost. Thus we switched to Windows.
I am a user of Selenium from Linux. Though you cannot compare both yes, Selenium does some sort of automation for the web. You don't have to code anything in UiPath. If you are good enough with your Software Engineering skills (Like flow charts, DFDs etc) you are good to go. Not many prerequisites. Selenium with python requires good coding knowledge. Our rest of the team and developer were not on the same ground. To keep all of them at the same level we had to implement UiPath. Each person from our team can now use UiPath and can make Level 2 Workflows.
UiPath RPA has an exceptional studio interface. It has been a year and so since I am using UiPath RPA. Whether it is some my personal task to scrape information & links from the Journal or find a specific character string from multiple PDF collection using OCR, UiPath RPA has made its roots to our technological ecosystem.
Do you think UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform's feature set?
Did UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform go as expected?
Would you buy UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform again?
Well Suited: I loved the ease and smoothness of the tool. The company has its own academy in which you can learn from fundamentals to advanced level. Each time you complete a level, they praise you with a certificate so that you keep motivated. Personally, I have completed up to level 3 middle. The tool can be accessed easily either you want to schedule a task on VM or your own computer. Generally, I do data scraping and automation tasks, for example, I scraped the twitter data using hashtags. I scraped +ve and -ve tweets to an excel file up to some pages and then analyzed the text into +ve and -ve tweets using Natural Language Text Understanding.
Less appropriate: The first thing I disliked is it is not available on the Linux environment. I prefer to work on Ubuntu and would have liked if it is available for Linus systems. Secondly, There is very less content on Re Framework on Academy. Assignments cannot be done just by reading the text. There must be a demo for ReFramework project.