Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
We use the Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance to provide backup and disaster recovery for the servers in our company. We are located in a single building that houses our 80+ employees and coming from tape backups, the Unitrends solution has made my life as the only IT support person here so much easier when it comes to backing up, protecting and restoring data.
- Reliable, scheduled backups with de-duplication and compression
- Fast and painless restores from a web interface
- Bare metal restores
- Included support for Exchange and SQL
- While easy to access, the web interface does not seem very intuitive at times making it more difficult to navigate than it should be.
- Fast and painless recovery of data has been a huge time saver for me. Being the only IT support person in the company, any solution that saves me time and allows me to move on to other important issues is key.
- Not having to manage tapes has been incredible and liberating!
- The ability to log into the Unitrends web interface from my desk, initiate a restore, and watch the restore complete in a matter of minutes has been wonderful.
I have not used or evaluated any other products similar for more than 4 years because I've been completely happy with the Unitrends solution. It has met and exceeded my needs and continues to perform well in our mixed environment. The addition of cloud backup to the appliance would make Unitrends an absolutely bullet-proof backup and disaster recovery solution.
The Unitrends appliance has worked well in our environment where we still maintain several physical servers while also supporting backup in a virtual environment as well. Unitrends includes support for specific servers such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL servers, where other backup and disaster recovery solutions often charge a premium to support those types of platforms. I'm not really aware of scenarios where the Unitrends solution would be less appropriate.