Upserve Overall Good Product
Updated April 29, 2021
Upserve Overall Good Product
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Upserve POS (formerly Breadcrumb)
We use Upserve [POS (formerly Breadcrumb)] as our main in-house POS at our restaurant. I say "in house" because we don't currently use it for web orders, although that is a feature they offer. We use Upserve on multiple tablets to plug in customer orders, print orders to the kitchen, and take customer payments. We also use it for employee timesheets. We currently swipe credit cards and have customers sign on screen; we tried Upserve's handheld device as an EMV reader but it had syncing problems. Their customer service has been horrendous during the pandemic, but overall we're pleased with the functionality of the software. Since we've been with them for 6 years, I can't imagine migrating to another POS because the historical data is really important to us.
- Employee time tracking. Very user friendly. Our employees are used to clocking in and out on the tablet when they come in.
- Intuitive navigation to find menu items
- Customer payment system works well when we swipe credit cards and have customers sign on screen
- Their reporting functionality needs improvement according to my data management team. We've had to create some workarounds.
- Their customer service needs major improvement during Covid. It was much better before Covid.
- I didn't like their online ordering system the last time I tried it (3+ years ago). I know they've made some changes so we might give it another try but for now I'm using Square for our online ordering, and Upserve in house.
- Upserve costs more than I think it should, but since we've had it for years, the historical data is really worth it to me.
- It's been great to see labor and sales data over time - very helpful for planning purposes
Upserve [POS (formerly Breadcrumb)] offers more functionality than Square, which is the only other restaurant POS I've used. Upserve has intuitive employee time tracking, and helpful labor and sales reporting features. I know my data guy would prefer more detailed data reporting abilities (for instance, you can't pull reports that show modifiers - so when we have Happy Hour and want to track how happy hour modifiers are doing compared to normal price, we have to do this manually wtf?). But overall Upserve is better than the other POS systems I've tried.
Do you think Upserve, from Lightspeed delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Upserve, from Lightspeed's feature set?
Did Upserve, from Lightspeed live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Upserve, from Lightspeed go as expected?
Would you buy Upserve, from Lightspeed again?
One thing Upserve [POS (formerly Breadcrumb)] does well is splitting customer checks is very easy and intuitive. We used to host a lot of groups (pre pandemic) and splitting checks can be a nightmare. But they let you split it evenly by number or by item. You can even split one item (say, an app) across multiple checks.