- Intuitive interface for public-facing users to submit, vote on, and give feedback.
- Ability to design, configure, and white-lable the system to suite your company's needs.
- Access controls to manage feedback from employees separately from customers.
- Setup and manage how feedback flows through the product improvement process (planned, under development, completed, etc).
- May be a challenge to use across multiple product lines in a single instance.
- Customers used to a more traditional product support process may not use the system as much.
- Not likely to replace message boards and other customer engagement tools.
- Improved Net Promoter Score (NPS) for products.
- Improved customer retention through greater engagement in the product development process.
- Reduced support and communication issues about the status of specific suggestions or ideas.
UserVoice can be an affordable and powerful tool to start engaging customers and employees. It can help manage the entire feedback loop process. But your product management and development teams still need to do their jobs. Remember to have a response SLA in place and ownership for prioritizing and responding to the feedback.
Evaluation and Selection
Have clear goals and owners established before you start using any tool like this. Very important to get accounts and rights setup so that there's no lag time in customer response once things go live. Make sure IT is involved if you plan to use the Single-Sign On (SSO) or any of the access control tools.
Like to use
Easy to use
Feel confident using
- Sorting and managing feedback items
- Search and locating information
- Changing administrative settings
- More advanced integration options
- Handling exported data
- Setup of single-sign on functionality