Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication
Veeam backs up everything. Makes for easy file and whole server restores. This helps keep our infrastructure backed up and easily recoverable.
- Veeam backs up almost anything you want. This allows companies to back up their data no matter the platform it's installed on.
- File-level restore is very simple. You can either restore over the original file or copy it to another location.
- Integration with SANs. This allows you to tie into most SAN and utilize storage snapshots. This prevents the "stun" that happens when VCenter removes the snapshot.
- I would love to see Veeam be able to continually replicate data.
- Linux backup proxies would be nice to use instead of having to pay for another windows VM.
- Full VM recovery speeds aren't as fast as I would like to see.
- Gives us the peace of mind that our data is backed up.
- Helps us to back up our data and transfer it offsite and to tape if necessary!
- Allows us to meet our retention strategies.
We are able to use Veeam to back up to almost any device. This allows us to allocate money to other projects instead of spending it on high-cost disk space. I personally have never backed up to cloud platforms, especially since the costs are significantly higher.
- Data Protector (formerly HP Data Protector)
We currently have Data Protector but it doesn't have anywhere near the capabilities Veeam does. Testing your backups is critical and Veeam makes it easy to test them regularly. Veeam is easier to set up a new backup where Data Protector is confusing and clunky.
If you have a data center, you need Veeam to at least back up your data. If you want, it can also replicate that data offsite. In any business, things happen and having the ability to restore servers and files in a short period of time is great.