Overall Satisfaction with Vista by Viewpoint
My company uses Vista by Viewpoint to track cost, change management, invoicing, and hourly employee time entry. I use it to create subcontractor change orders, owner change orders, and approve invoices. I have used it with another company to track RFI's, submittals, meeting minutes, and transmittals.
- Vista has the ability to customize columns, and this helps save time when processing charge items. It is valuable to be able to find the information that you want, where you want to find it.
- When learning how to use the product it is very forgiving. If a mistake is made it can be easily fixed.
- Approving invoices is a snap. The viewer in Vista allows me to see the invoice and approve or reject the invoice. I know that my company has worked hard to customize this feature for our needs. I know that the team involved with the transition to Vista worked closely with Vista and is still working to make enhancements for invoice tracking.
- There are some redundant clicks that could be reduced. For instance, when adding an item while creating an ICO or XCO a popup window opens that says an item has been created with a close button. It's not a big deal, just an extra click or 2 that is not necessary.
- Sometimes it is not clear if you are in the list pane of the item pane. Depending on which pane you are in certain features will not work, but the appearance does not change if you are in either pane. Again, not a big deal just a few unnecessary clicks.
- When going to print out a report sometimes the form populates the wrong project information and you do not notice it until you have run the report.
- Vista replaces the antiquated system that we were using before. I can process items more quickly with less frustration.
- Invoices are now digitized and do not get lost as easily. There is less time tracking invoices and coding is a snap.
The system that was used before was antiquated and unforgiving to use. I do not need to learn the quirks of the system to make it work, Vista just works. I was not a part of the selection team but I can tell you that Vista is a huge improvement compared to the old software system. I spend far less time fighting with the system and more time getting my work done.