Reviews (1-4 of 4)
August 15, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Our entire organization utilizes CMiC Project Management to collaborate and share data. It is very important to us that we have a program with excellent reporting capabilities. Furthermore, this needs to be done in a timely fashion with a finished product that can be easily understood by whoever might need to access the material.
- Reporting capabilities
- Storing data
- Business process integration
- Performance/speed is overall a bit slow
- User needs profiecient excel knowledge to get desired data from system
- Environment management
Read this authenticated review
It is a great tool for anyone in an operations-oriented firm. It is also the best commercial construction ERP system for the most reasonable price. It is not particularly suited for environment management such as patch testing, hot fixes, bugs, etc.
March 21, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
We use CMIC PM for our management processes. I write contracts and change orders through it. We update our owner change orders or issue change orders through it. We manage our RFI's and Submittals through CMIC PM. We send transmittals through it. We use the meeting minutes module to record our meeting minutes. Our superintendents use it for their daily reports.
- It does contracts really well. You upload your templates once and then you fill in the information that is job specific.
- The change order process is easy with CMIC PM. We keep track in the PCI (potential change item) module. You can assign it any letter/number combo.
- You can add attachments to the PCI, so you can keep all your documentation in CMIC PM.
- We also use it for managing our drawing list. It has a great feature to update drawings where you just click a box next to the ones you want to mark as revised.
- I wish we could print all the RFI's together. You have to manually go into each one and print it. At the end of the job, we turn them over to the owner and doing each one is time consuming.
- I would like to see the subcontractors being able to upload their daily's in CMIC PM without seeing sensitive information.
- Printing all the submittals like the RFI's would be nice.
Read Cheryll Blount's full review
I came from using Prolog and this software is so much better. The tabs are similar to any Microsoft program so it's user friendly. I cannot ever imagine going back to Prolog. It's sort of like a cassette tape vs. CD. The only thing I can think of where it's not as user friendly is its Daily Reports. We have superintendents that like to talk into a program and have it integrated. With CMIC PM you have to have another program like NoteVault or Hammertech that will load it into CMIC PM.
February 11, 2016
Score 6 out of 10
It's being used to track financials for construction projects. It's used by everyone in the company from managers, to accountants, to admin staff, to risk management. It solves any disconnect issues since it keeps all the information in one place. It also tracks the issues happening on site with the financials.
- It creates more efficiency by not having to go into several programs for the same information.
- It ensures accuracy by making everyone work in the same program.
- You can easily drill down into different locations to access the history of things throughout a project no matter what your role is.
- The program is very cumbersome and not user friendly. The interface isn't like other interfaces and takes a lot of training to understand.
- There are many many many categories in some of the financials which can create confusion for different roles on the project.
- It's hard to use. You can't flip between different screens or you'll lose your place and have to start from the beginning again.
Read Lisa Schoenbrunn's full review
It is well suited for tracking multiple things in one place. In the case I use it, I do recommend it on a theory level for linking financial events to tangible building events. When anyone on the project team brings up an issue, it can be tracked from meeting minutes to RFI or submittal to potential change to change in both subcontractor and owner contract values.
February 27, 2017
Score 5 out of 10
CMiC Project Management is being used by our organization to manage contracts, budgets, and changeorders with owners and subcontractors. The whole organization utilizes it, but primarily, it's used by project managers, controllers, and executives. It addresses business problems dealing with contracting with owners and change orders and is tied with payments and budgets.
- It actively tracks contracts and change orders to give a real time budget for projects.
- Information is saved per project to easily write multiple contracts to subcontractors withing the same project.
- Master Agreements are saved at the admin level, so all contracts written within the company include the same language.
- The interface is cumbersome and not intuitive to new users.
- Reasons for contracts or reports not compiling can be ambiguous and difficult to rectify.
- The ability to copy and paste text from Word documents can be improved to have better formatting and legibility.
Read this authenticated review
CMiC is well suited for having structure and uniformity in regards to writing and issuing contracts. However, it suffers from a difficult to use interface, as well as, ambiguous error messages when inputting incorrect information. Ultimately, it is a very useful tool once the syntax is learned, but the learning curve can be steep for new users.
CMiC Project Management Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About CMiC Project Management
CMiC Project Management is a construction project collaboration and management solution. It centralizes project-related communications with internal teams and external stakeholders and vendors. Project management functionality includes an alerting system based on workflow items. CMiC PM also enables job site connectivity in real time, featuring productivity reports, daily journal updates, and punchlist management. It also supports document management, including version history and project closeout documents.
CMiC Project Management Technical Details