Jobsite reports (31)
Collaboration & approvals (30)
Document sharing (31)
Issue tracking & punchlists (29)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Job Cost is at the core of Vista. Designed to deliver timely, accurate accounting and operations info on job progress, Vista’s Job Cost provides an extensive library of reports and drill-down inquiries. Enter job budgets and change orders directly in Job Cost, or import from various estimating solutions, including several from Trimble. Report and update job progress in “units” or “percent complete.”
View immediate cost information and detailed breakdowns to assure every project is under budget and profitable — detailed tracking of job or contract items, change orders, labor, equipment and materials, etc. can now be accomplished.
Vista lets service contractors aims to streamline back-office processes, while empowering field techs to perform stellar service work. Manage service agreements, streamline service dispatching and provide mobile construction work order tools so techs can get more done in fewer steps, while the office gets realtime information on their jobs. Users can simplify billing with the flexibility to bill customers as they require.
Vista also offers a mobile work order solution: Vista Field Service. With Vista Field Service, cost data is captured in the field with a mobile device and connected directly to Vista.
Construction Equipment Management
Vista helps equipment managers to better track and understand when equipment usage, maintenance and repairs are costing more than asset replacement. Vista allows users to track construction equipment location and usage, with single-step data entry and flexible revenue rates and category assignments. View monthly calculations of book depreciation with fixed asset schedules.
Schedule preventative maintenance for an equipment fleet, with alerts when service or repairs are needed. Vista provides the power to protect a company’s biggest capital assets.
HR Management and Payroll
Streamline human resources management and facilitate complex construction payroll processes using Vista’s integrated construction HR management and payroll processes. Vista provides an open database structure for maximum flexibility in sorting and reporting data. Create a secure, confidential virtual filing cabinet of all employee data, records and tracking information, with the ability to pull up and adjust records in real time.
Vista automates complex union payroll processes and untangles multi-state, multi-company work, federal, state and contractual construction payroll requirements.
Project Control, Integrated in Real Time
From pre-construction through project closeout, Vista’s integrated project management provides project insight, backed by up-to-date data and workflows. Know whether or not a project is on track or behind by easily viewing submittals, RFIs, potential issues and much more as work occurs rather than weeks or even months later. Manage subcontractors, mitigate risks and complete projects on-time and on-budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Custom reports
- Financial accuarcy
- Managing change orders
- Hard to learn to use
- RFI, Submittals, Drawing logs
- Not being able to integrate with field operations
- Maintaining records
- User friendly on step by step entry
- Interacting with different departments
- Ability to modify to meet company needs
- Provide a responsive support team for immediate issues
- Allowing more controls for users
- There is great flexibility with Vista. We are able to easily customize reports, fields, and tables to fit our needs.
- The end user help website is a great tool to learn more.
- Paperless. We have been able to go paperless. There is no longer a need to pull documents from a file to create reports.
- Can be difficult to learn. There are a lot of fields and screens that need to be set up.
- Help and support can be difficult to research.
- There is a lot of room for errors if you do not understand the program.
- Reporting functions
- Accurate link between project management and accounting
- Payroll functions
- online customer portal help. Very hard to find specific answers due to the overwhelming amount of information
- how to guides - these are generally provided by other users and are more specific to their own organizations.
- help with updates - responsibility is on the user with little support help unless you want to pay $$$
- Time management for the foreman. They enter who is on job and what time. All on their iPad and we upload. It saves everyone time and its correct every time.
- Receipts can be sent via phone or iPad and we can upload them to the system and attach them to their PO with no issues and makes it so easy to track and keep the budget under control not to mention hold everyone accountable for their spending.
- Surveys and updated info requests can be emailed out, completed and returned via the cloud. Makes updates so much easier.
- My only complaint and its nothing big. When entering vendor invoices it automatically goes to the invoice date which is the second line instead of defaulting to the first line (G/L date) so while entering invoices its not as smooth because I am backing up one with every invoice entry. Again not a big deal.
- I really don't dislike anything about it. At times it can be a little slow which could be our server and not the system. There have been times when I have entered faster than it could upload and it causes me some errors. More of an issue of my impatience than anything else
- Trying to get the correct report, or get a report that fits my needs can be a little trying at time.
- New employee on-boarding and personnel management
- Full spectrum accounting management (AP/AR/Payroll)
- Project management from contract award through project close-out
- Data security management, reporting and anlysis
- Equipment full lifespan management for costs, revenue and location tracking
- User Database allows for built-in customization capabilities to fit the most unique business requirements
- Additional web based functionality is needed in some areas to better support remote operations and low bandwitch sites
- Improved analytics capabilities to preclude the need for using 3rd party solutions for analytics
- Improved support for SSRS reporting capabilities in the Viewpoint Cloud environment
Over the years we have reviewed other systems to see if there is a better fit out there to support our various areas of operation in vertical construction, heavy civil construction, construction management, mosular fabrication and specialty subcontracting, and to date we have not found a better fit for our business.
The system is not perfect but it is constantly evolving and being enhanced to meet customer requests and remain in alignment with the current technologies available.
The areas where Vista is lacking are very limited; estimate imports for new projects and financial analytics are two areas which are currently being developed and we look forward to seeing what Viewpoint will bring forward in these areas.
- Customization is as easy or as complicated as you like. You can get to the SQL tables/views if you want or go through Viewpoint to create customization in their software.
- It's faster than competing products.
- Their support team is fantastic. I use live chat and knowledge base daily and I always get answers.
- Sometimes Vista has some bugs that should be worked out before general release so be careful when upgrading
- Their TEAM platform is confusing
- The interface for their product feels outdated
- Project Management
- Accounting Financial Controls
- Human Resources Applicant tracking
- Service Management
- Mobile Service Management
- Bring back Resource management
- Simple design.
- Consistent reports and errors.
- Errors and crashing.
- Not very intuitive.
- Document management
- Data management with custom forms.
- User interface upgrade. It still feels like your in Windows 98.
Update - we have implemented Field Management and it has been going well. It takes so much time away from processing payroll in the office, so that is helpful. Also limiting what time can be coded to is beneficial and prevents many mistakes and miscodes.
- Customer Support via Clearview. The ability to research issues we are having and try to resolve them ourselves through Clearview is invaluable. I have often been researching one issue or hang up I was having, and learned a few other things I didn't know through this system.
- Customization of reports - the ability to have reports written in this system to give us access to information all on one report is great! There are so many standard Viewpoint reports as well.
- Ease of fixing mistakes. Being able to bring something that has been posted back into a batch to fix has been wonderful as we are all human and make mistakes. There are not too many times that we actually have to call Viewpoint for support when we cannot fix something ourselves.
- Writing Crystal Reports is not easy. You either have to have someone really knowledgeable on staff or source it out. Sometimes it can be pricey for custom reports.
- Support callbacks. It depends on the time of year, but sometimes it takes a week to get a call back if it is not "Urgent".
- PO Receipts Module. We gave this a try at our company and it has been a pretty big disaster. We are trying to "undo" it all now because it is not functioning how we envisioned. And there is not much information out there on it. It's almost as if it was an afterthought and not developed very far.
- As someone else mentioned, error loops. Trying to figure out what module or program the error was made in, and undo the mistake to keep moving forward can be so time consuming!
Cost tracking is incredible in Viewpoint. We can always figure out what our cost is at a given month by running reports. Also with projecting future costs and revenue to determine our profit on any particular project.
- Purchase orders by Job. You can manually upload large POs rather than typing them out line by line.
- Reporting. Vista comes with many valuable reports. You can also create custom reports and design anything you might need.
- AR/AP transactions are easy to create and track.
- Security setup. There are many places to remember to add/remove and update securities. It would make more sense to have one place.
- Standard Reports: depending upon the tables that are pulling data, the financial numbers can be different. You must really know what you are looking at and for to understand what the report is including.
- Customer Support: Many times it takes several responses back and forth before the issue is escalated or resolved.
- Lots of useful reports out of the box.
- Ease of use and navigation.
- Ease to modify existing reports to fit your needs.
- Support can take some time to get back with you, but they are currently working on that.
- The knowledge base is a real mess, unorganized, and it's sometimes hard to find the answers you are looking for.
- Customizable -- endless user defined fields and tables can be added, among other things.
- Paperless -- eventually, but it's definitely helping!
- Expense and invoice review process can be done from anywhere, anytime (formerly Keystyle)
- Speed of major updates and fixes could be faster. Every 6-9 months for major updates is longer than I'd prefer.
- Clearview, aka their knowledgebase, doesn't search very easily.
- Crystal hasn't been updated in eons, which clashes with one of our other programs (FAS Asset Accounting).
- Expensive! Great software, but it's expensive.
- Staying Current
- Single Source
- Maybe more resources to Microsoft Azure
- Unlimited Capabilities
- Robust Program
- Reports for everything
- The training needed is extensive to utilize all aspects of the program.
- The portal itself is very Windows 2000
- The help offered when encountering a problem is not always quick
- Project Job Cost Reporting
- Contract Progress Billing
- Integration of project management functions with the back office.
- Functional reporting within the software uses Crystal Reports. This requires a special expertise for customization and limits reporting flexibility
- Lack of single sign on for some of Viewpoints most recent web-based tools/functionality
- Implementation and customization of the product is challenging and requires some work.
We do love how customizable it is using user defined fields and customizing reports, however this may need to be done with an outside consultant.
- Useful canned reports
- Custom fields and buttons are extremely useful
- Almost everything can be easily corrected if any errors are made in entry
- Response time of VP support
- Vista by VP Help can be much more detailed
- System can sometime be glitchy
- Job Cost module is strong, many controls yet still user friendly and functional.
- Certified payroll is done particularly well.
- The cloud hosting solution has been a positive experience, eliminating much of our on-premise cost and headache.
- PO module can be very 'sensitive' and problems/issues are hard to resolve.
- 2-way communication with add-on solutions versus 1-way, can create out of sync data between Team and Vista PM.
- Work Centers are horribly clunky and customization of views and grids doesn't work, especially for Service.
We have found Vista by Viewpoint to be user-friendly and very versatile with the ability to create user defined fields.
- User defined fields can be created in all modules.
- The ability to sort and filter when viewing grids of information.
- The import feature made converting our existing information very easy.
- The Clearview website is available to answer many questions and for training as well.
- The suggestion box is awesome if you have ideas for improvements.
- It would be nice to have a simple export to Excel.
- We would like to see an app available for individual remote time card entry on a phone. Vista is working on one but we have not found it usable yet.
- Track Jobs - the PM Module allows tracking of a job.
- User Defined Database - My sell on Viewpoint was how easy it was to add custom fields/tables and even create custom procedures for areas where Viewpoint did not have a module for that.
- Equipment Tracking - Equipment Tracking is done very easily in Viewpoint.
- Safety Training - Viewpoint tracks/compiles training however the reports are basic. We need to be able to see training by looking at a job and the employees on the job for certain training classes and seeing if the class is expired, missing or current. The entire safety training could use an overhaul.
- PM PO Change Orders - this needs to be added into the PO Work Flow for the PM Side. There is not a way to do a change order and keep it in the PM PO Workflow.
- Employee Info - A picture on the HR Resource Master would be great, then allow to print badges from there and also assign each employee a QR Code so the QR Code can be scanned for training or to get a list of the person's training.
Recently, I've had a ticket open for 2 weeks with no response, I had to go to the support manager to get a response. The longest ticket I had open with no response was 13 weeks, which is not acceptable. Also, Support needs to pay attention to time zone's and not call, leave a message and then send an email about how they can't get a hold of you and will close the ticket if they do not hear from you the next day. Viewpoint support is also very poor at keeping issues/cases updated on their side. It would be nice if I could go in and look at the issues/cases and see what Viewpoint is doing so I do not have to ask for a status update all the time. Support also does not read the information that is sent in on a ticket, they will send me links to articles in Clearview that are not even related to the problem submitted. Also if I add screen prints or attachments when I do get a follow up from support they always ask for me to submit screenshots because they cannot see them, even though I have submitted them with the initial ticket.
- There are a lot of customization options, especially in the reporting function.
- It links different modules together, I.E you can only write change orders to subcontractors that have subcontracts on your job.
- It allows us to collect data and report on it, for example, we can see invoicing by business unit or by project executive, etc.
- Some parts of Viewpoint are not the most user-friendly and it takes time to get used to the program in order to use it fully.
- There are error loops you can get stuck in when making an accidental error.
- Viewpoint works well for lump projects but the billing and invoicing does not lend itself to CM jobs.
- Uniform processes and controls between different parts of the company, and different projects
- Customization and ability to provide as much or as little information as desired
- Very outdated interface
- Little to no onscreen help or directions to help guide users
- Being on a Microsoft SQL platform enables easier development and integration with 3rd party software.
- It has a very flexible User Defined fields and tables system to allow customizing to the user's needs without breaking standard features.
- Security management is very granular.
- Its history is that most entries are transaction-based, requiring batch processing. Some of these could be moved to background batch processing so the batching would be more transparent to the user.
- More data needs to be available on mobile devices. They are making a move in this direction, which is good.
- Some screens allow flexibility of viewing data in grid views, but the export of this data to Excel could be improved. This is mostly seen in Workcenters.
- Vista's batch processing method makes it simple to locate issues and identify the root cause.
- Customization with the core product, and more so with the UD module, are simple, maintainable throughout the upgrades and virtually self documenting.
- Support for more complex issues could be addressed faster.