Vista Is Great!
November 21, 2019
Vista Is Great!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Vista by Viewpoint
We use Vista mainly for accounting, our whole organization inputs data but the accounting department are the #1 users in our company. It keeps our project managers on-time and on-budget for our projects by displaying any issues before they become huge problems. Reports and dashboards keep us office folks up-to-date on what's happening in the field.
- Fully customizable, it can do anything you want and be tailored to your business.
- Real-time data.
- Detailed data, you can see where every penny is going.
- Takes a lot of time and effort to set up to get running.
- Online answers can be a little difficult to find for the average user.
- The non-computer person will need a LOT of training to use Vista.
- There are quite a few bugs we run into but they are generally fixed on following releases.
- Monthly WIP meetings with Vista reporting have been a lifesaver for our company, we know immediately if something on a project needs to be fixed.
- Time-saving imports have let us use that time somewhere more productive.
- With custom reporting that we can do ourselves, audits are not a huge deal anymore.
Procore is not a construction accounting software, Vista takes care of that, but Vista is not a software to be used in the field. Procore has an easy-to-use mobile app for site pictures and daily reports, a good connection between the two software would be so great, they both have amazing capabilities but both are totally different.
Support is always kind and answering tickets and questions as fast as they can, I feel they truly want to see a resolution to your problem. They are well-trained and know what they are talking about in construction and software. Love meeting them in-person at conferences, they are very available to answer any questions.
Do you think Vista by Viewpoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vista by Viewpoint's feature set?
Did Vista by Viewpoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Vista by Viewpoint go as expected?
Would you buy Vista by Viewpoint again?
Vista is not appropriate for field crew, they will not be able to input their own timecards but if you have a payroll person it's great! It's difficult to use in the field with poor internet connections but our office uses it every day all-day. This is THE accounting solution for your construction business, there really are no other comparisons, just don't expect anyone to be able to jump in and work right away.