Updated February 09, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
- Recruiting/External Applicants
Overall Satisfaction with Vista HRMS
We use PDS VistaHRMS for our core HR, Benefits, Payroll and Recruiting functions. Our main users are in the Human Resources area but all employees benefit from VistaHRMS due to the self-service functionality it provides as well as the ability to allow supervisors access to review applicants through recruiting..
- VistaHRMS' open, customizable architecture which provides ultimate flexibility and opportunities for integration. We can use our technical development skills to create any new module we may need as well as extend the base system code to handle our unique requirements, special circumstances and processes. This also aids greatly in troubleshooting and identifying issues because you can get right down to the source code.
- VistaHRMS provides flexibility for security so that any employee in the company can have access to the HR information that is pertinent to him or her.
- PDS staff are spectacular to work with. They provide high-quality, timely support and are always willing to spend the time to get your questions answered.
- PDS is deeply and sincerely interested in customer feedback. This is the best way to improve the product: listen to your customers. They not only listen to the request, they actually implement many of the changes in base system. PDS is a strategic partner for our organization based on the level of service they have provided and their willingness to act on our feedback.
- Typical of any system built for the unknown requirements of hundreds or thousands of customers with varying needs, PDS sometimes doesn't fit our processes precisely out of the box. However, this con is far outweighed by the ability to configure and customize the system.
- The most significant pet peeve of our users is the necessity for so many clicks to navigate between different areas or the system or to review applicants. These items are being addressed based on feedback from the user community in an upcoming release.
- Automation of many processes leading to higher efficiency and the ability to focus on core business as opposed to data processing. This includes our biweekly payroll processing, automated reporting, alert notifications based on certain activities occurring, etc.
- Integration of separate software systems for HR, Benefits, Payroll and Recruiting into a single suite of modules that all share the same data.
- Self-service access for employees empowers them to find, review and update information independently which enables HR staff to focus on more valuable efforts.
The open environment of our hosted system allows us to develop modules and customizations as if the system were developed in-house. With the IT staff we have, this provides great opportunities for extending PDS' capabilities. Additionally, I have never worked with a better team of support and technical staff that PDS provides. They truly want to improve the system for us as partners. It is a two-way street where we share information and ideas and they provide solutions and improvements.
Having options for on-site, hosted or SaaS implementations, the VistaHRMS system can meet the needs of most organizations whether the organization has IT staff or not. There will be situations where unique requirements may require customizations to the system to accommodate the needs. However, with the open architecture and the consulting of PDS, most anything can be developed to suit your needs.
PDS Vista Feature Ratings
Using Vista HRMS
All levels from CEO to newly-hired interns, from union welders to non-represented office staff. All employees use PDS for open enrollment as well as electronic earning statements, etc.
3 - Technical programmers/developers with skills in analysis, project management, database querying and schema design.
- Open enrollment - Every employee interacts with PDS to perform their annual open enrollment
- Payroll and benefit processing - Biweekly payrolls, year-end processing (W2s, 1095Cs), total compensation statements, merit increases and reviews
- Employee self-service - employees can update basic information (addresses, phone numbers, contacts, etc) and view other information pertaining to their employment
- Recruiting - allowing hiring supervisors access to applicants electronically as opposed to printing and distributing paper copies of applicant materials
- Integration with Active Directory to automatically maintain membership in AD groups and distribution lists based on organization attributes of employees. This removes the need for manual changes to membership when new employees are hired or employees terminate.
- Salary Administration Module (SAM) - completely custom module built using the PDS development standards that allows for collaboration with VPs and HR business partners during the review and merit increase processes. Great improvement from previous disconnected spreadsheet solution.
- Notifications using the Issue Detective. These help us identify issues or potential issues with our data and configuration to ensure a smooth running system.
The key factor in continuing with VistaHRMS is the relationship and strategic partnership we have built with PDS. They strive to meet the needs of all of their customers by providing a flexible and configurable system. PDS strives to improve its product in the ways that are most important to their user base.
Evaluating Vista HRMS and Competitors
Yes - FLX VisualHR. It had not been supported in nearly ten years and we were looking for an enterprise HRMS. Also replaced a custom Open Enrollment program that we had developed in-house.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
Product usability and customizability as well as high-quality sales, support and technical staff.
Vista HRMS Implementation
Ask lots of questions, ensure you fully understand the functionality (particularly history records) and train, train, train the users for correct and complete utilization of the system.
Yes - Configuration of the system, data migration, implementation of necessary customizations, rollout, parallel testing.
Vista HRMS Support
They are quick to respond to support requests. Often they are able to address the issue without escalation. The support staff are extremely knowledgeable and willing to recruit other staff to help troubleshoot a problem. They frequently do screen sharing sessions to actually see the behavior we experience so they can better understand the problem and get it resolved. Without an exception, all of the support staff are extremely pleasant and enjoyable to be around. They truly value their customers and our success and they try to make it fun to interact with them. Support calls do not incur a support fee either. All support, excluding consulting services, is included in our annual support.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not Available - PDS provides a single level of support to all clients and it is high quality.
Yes - If the bug truly exists, they are quick to get the information to R&D for resolution in the next available update. They are truly appreciative to receive bug reports due to their desire to create a high quality product.
There have been several times when an issue has arisen that is either a bug or a shortcoming in functionality. When reported, these have occasionally been handled by an almost immediate fix being developed and delivered to us for installation to hold us over until the change is introduced to base system in the next release. If it is possible for them to quickly solve our problem, they try to do that to get us back into business.
Using Vista HRMS
The interface is intuitive, even if it does require some extra clicks to get to where you are going. The screens are consistently designed and formatted. There is a logical flow and organization to the application layout and menuing systems.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Applicant review in Recruiting
- Updates via PTF, but this is due to our large set of customizations. The VistaFresh update tool is very simple to use if you have few or limited customizations.