Overall Satisfaction with Vista HRMS
Vista is the HRMS we currently use to produce our bi-weekly net payroll and W-2s. Everyone in the company has access to review individual payroll information. Payroll has enhanced reporting and interface capabilities that produce post processing journal entry interfaces, documentation to support account balances in our general ledger and all data necessary to stay compliant with federal and state agencies.
- Vista allows us to have different "Distribution" areas within each FEIN. These distribution types sort and subtotal by type and then provide a grand total for the FEIN. We can organize more efficiently and have subtotals by distribution available to management in a very timely manner.
- Navigating through Vista is extremely intuitive. You don't have to memorize screen names, labels or numbers to find information.
- The standard report process quickly and can be save in excel for sorting and analysis.
- Due to our established SOX requirements, we do a lot of screen prints. There are many screens that have a printer icon facilitate this process. There are instances in which we need to drill down and require a screen print from a different level, the printer icon is there, but it prints without the employee's name or number which is not adequate.
- There are times we would prefer to key specific information rather than choose a validated item from a drop down screen.
- We have multiple FEINs, companies, districts and distributions. There are a few areas/screens where it is difficult to see exactly what company, etc you are working on in the table set ups. We have gotten in the habit of triple checking the company.
- It is currently allowing us to replace several software components with Vista functionality. Less to maintain and train.
- TesserAct and Oracle PeopleSoft HCM
Vista is much easier to maintain, navigate and train new users than TesserAct. Vista is much easier and less costly to maintain than PeopleSoft.
It is well suited for any size organization. It has employee self-service capabilities that will allow an employee to view payroll details, W2s, change their individual addresses, change direct deposit information and make W-4 elections.