Updated December 19, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Vista
We use it for payroll and human resources within a department of 3. We use it for all of our HR and Payroll needs. It allows all functions of HR to be stored within the system. Has a vast tracking system for all employee information.
- User-friendly and easy to learn.
- Reporting options through Crystal Reporting.
- The best support team when something is not right, especially if they are aware that you are currently running payroll.
- If you manually input a transaction into the payroll entry screen once payroll is run you can no longer see that transaction. It would be nice to be able to see a history of all transactions per employee.
- Future changes cannot be made on the HR side during the payroll processing time frame or the changes will occur during the current payroll. For example, if someone is getting a wage increase it cannot be future dated because payroll will pick it up even though it is future dated.
- We are more organized and efficient in the HR/Payroll department now [that they are] using the system
We like having the control of processing payroll on site, this is new for us. The system is efficient and user-friendly. We did not have an HRIS system before and did everything manually through spreadsheets. This system has brought our department to a new level of professionalism.
Vista Feature Ratings
150 - All staff use the system depending on level of authorization. At minimum staff use if for the self-serve aspect for pay stubs and t4s. management will use it for employee information.
5 - We have 3 people on the HR/Payroll team that support the system along with 2 IT employees that support the system.
- we use the employee tracking system along with our WS&H Coordinator to track all employee injuries.
- look in to using the system more with the recruitment portion. Use it for tracking applicants and resumes.
Evaluating Vista and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
- Third-party Reviews
Vendor reputation and knowing that I will have service when needed was very important.
They are always helpful, return our calls/emails in a timely matter, and work with us to resolve our issues.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response