VMware Fusion-Best of both worlds!
https://www.trustradius.com/remote-desktopVMware FusionUnspecified8.457101
April 10, 2017

VMware Fusion-Best of both worlds!

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with VMware Fusion

As a student and Mac user, there were times when I required different operating systems on my laptop. VMware Fusion resolved my problem and gave me the best of both worlds. With just a few clicks, I was able to run multiple operating systems on my laptop.

VMware Fusion also gave me a great virtualization environment. VMware Fusion's installation is straight forward. With its easy user interface and multiple features like capturing snapshots, changing the networks etc., made my work easy. Dealing with the disk partition or assigning the RAM to the new OS has always been a simple process. Ultimately, I was happy to be able to use my laptop and the virtual OS both at the same time rather than switching between two different laptops with two different OS.

• Running multiple OS with few clicks. For example, for a project I required windows and ubuntu OS. I was able to run both of them easily with VMware fusion.
  • Snapshots of OS. Easy recovery from snapshots. For example, I was doing my project in openstack kilo version but already did other things in juno version. So with the snapshot of juno version, I was all set with my previous work.
  • I have found the product perfect. Cannot find any flaws.
VMware Fusion stacks up against VirtualBox. I selected VMware Fusion for its easy to use UI and clear steps available and documentation available online. It is also a popular tool, so to get an exposure to this tool, I opted to learn about it by myself. Also, there are many online tutorials available for beginners, so it is easy to learn by oneself.
VMware fusion is mostly used by Mac users. Mac users can get Windows OS running instantly on their laptop with the help of VMware fusion. Vmware fusion is less appropriate if the Mac user is using "Yosemite" Mac OSX, as the product no longer runs on the older version of mac OSX.

VMware Fusion Feature Ratings

Screen sharing
File transfer
Instant message
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
Over-the-Internet remote session
Initiate remote control from mobile
Remote management of servers & workstations
Remote Active Directory® management