Webex - the best connecting tool for recording and sharing anything
May 17, 2019

Webex - the best connecting tool for recording and sharing anything

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Webex Meetings

While we have transitioned to Skype meetings recently we are currently in transition. Webex has been used (along with a couple other tools) for several years and we used Webex prior to coming to JDI. Not to mention multiple sessions outside of JDI. Currently, there are targeted internal users who have a Webex login and use it. We use it to host remote meetings, conference calls, training sessions and record pertinent partner meetings as applicable.
  • Recording presentations or training
  • Remote user group meetings for any purpose
  • Information sharing or learning across multiple geographies
  • I feel Webex is one of the best providers out there no room for improvement in my opinion
  • It has been very positive however cost-wise wasn't the latest solution of choice
  • Has been excellent for sharing and capturing information across the organization
  • Webex has been invaluable to some of my old team's work in training and product or process rollout
  • Adobe Connect and Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
I would say Webex and Adobe connect are very similar and somewhat equally good products. Launching Adobe Connect is simple and my experience with it has been good. I like the integration of Adobe products and find them easy to use. I find Skype for Business our new sharing tool harder to use, lower quality audio, not as user friendly interface (e.g. capability/set up and use not evident). I don't like to use it for my meetings since recording has been spotty AND the audio does not always work. Its great for chat/screen or powerpoint share but I would be hesitant to record with it OR rely on it for training purposes. I would always use Webex if I wanted to be 100% sure it would work well and easily.
Oracle HCM Cloud, Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server
It is exceptional for recording anything - clean, simple and easy to use. You also do not need to have anything loaded on your computer to attend or host a Webex Meeting you can simply launch a temporary application which saves on hard drive space. I have rarely had a Webex Meeting not work AND the recording process is very simple easy to use. When recording is finished it is shared promptly so it can be shared with attendees or those that were unable to attend.

Webex Meetings Feature Ratings