Overall Satisfaction with Websense
We are using Websense mostly for it's Malware and Spyware filtering. We do little URL filtering but the filters that have put in place have been very effective. We use Websense through out the entire enterprise of our company this includes UK and Asia. It has cut down on the time spent by PC technicians have to remove Spyware, malware and adware on our users PC. This has also cut down on time spent on reloading pc that were infected as well.
- It does a great job at stopping users from going to "infected" sites and sites that are undesirable.
- It has a great range of flexibility and features. We have used it to lock down a server "production" computer that need only a limited amount of access to internet sites. It allows us to also filter by user/group/domain and even IP address or range.
- Implementation was a little rough but once the product is up and running it is very stable.
- Websense could do some improvement in the Support group. Long wait times and long times for follow-up.
- Working with the support center and the sales engineers has been a little rough. We ran into problems where the support group did not understand how the sales engineer set up our design.
- It would be also helpful if that you could sort in the knowledge base on just your current version you are running.
- The biggest impact that Websense has resolved for us was our PC technician times on having to deal with computers with Malware and Spyware on them.
- It allowed us to have control over our "production" computers so that users where not surfing internet or installing stuff on these computers.
- iBoss,Symantec,blue coat,Zscaler
Websense gave us the best flexibility for our enterprise configuration and setup. It all does not take up anything on our computers when we use Websense one armed off our firewalls and routers. We found this very easy to set up and transparent to our users and network. The sales team understood our questions and problems and was able to come up with a solution that worked for our company.
We have been fairly happy with the product and how it has worked. We have looked at other vendors for url filter and such and have not found one that meets our needs or does what we have been doing with Websense. The product has been fairly stable and we have only had a few issues in the past. We have all seen that it was one of the highest leaders from the Gartner Group Magic Quadrant for Web Gateways.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Setup was very easy
- Creating groups and access was easy
- Setup of filters and custom for our groups.