Acquia DAM (Widen) Review
March 14, 2022
Acquia DAM (Widen) Review
Score 4 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Acquia DAM (Widen)
My team uses Acquia DAM (Widen) for product sell-in and sell-through we are getting the product ready to get approval to be sold and published on retail websites. We organize the product by seasons and events to make users able to easily locate the assets using Acquia DAM (Widen)'s portals and provide users with links to each milestone event to have easy access to the product to download and use in digital catalogs for a sell-through.
- I love the portals! They are easy to create and the dynamic portals make it so that an unlimited amount of assets can be pulled up using metadata.
- Searching, especially multiple asset searching where you can search by as many asset names.
- Exporting data by specific information and the entire insights tab is helpful.
- I would like more options for creative expression in Acquia DAM (Widen). For example, there isn't a lot of room for design when creating portals or landing pages.
- I would like an option to bookmark/favorite/lightbox my personal assets.
- I would like more options to optimize my personal landing page/dashboard.
- Releasing 3D images has cut our need of samples.
- Faster product launches.
- Increased Organization.
We would like to streamline our process and cleanup our workflows, when we adopted Widen we were trying to put out fires, so we definitely need to clean up our processes and take advantage of all Widen has to offer.
They are very friendly and responsive, but we keep asking for examples of how other customers are using Acquia DAM (Widen) and how we could be using the platform better and we are not getting that support.
I am not quite sure how to answer this part of the questionnaire as it does not apply to my work!
Do you think Acquia DAM (Widen) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Acquia DAM (Widen)'s feature set?
Did Acquia DAM (Widen) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Acquia DAM (Widen) go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Acquia DAM (Widen) again?
I think Acquia DAM (Widen) is great from a basic standpoint. The searching capabilities are great, it's organized, and it is a great platform to store assets. But, I don't think many people are aware of the features it offers and only use it at a very basic level- upload, search, download- rinse and repeat. I don't think Acquia DAM (Widen) is very intuitive. It looks like a lot of other DAMS are very automated and Acquia DAM (Widen) is very manual. I also wish Acquia DAM (Widen) had better design features built into it. Portals are great, but the font options are limited and capabilities are extremely limited- you can't move text around and everything is very basic unless I am missing something. I am satisfied, but not very impressed.