Microsoft Windows Server is great!https://www.trustradius.com/operating-systemsWindows ServerUnspecified8.55541012017-04-18T16:29:25.686Z
April 18, 2017
Microsoft Windows Server is great!
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Windows Server
We utilize Windows Server at several different locations, both in a physical and virtual environment, for payroll, finance, court case management, docket creation and management, scanning folders and files, end user and computer active directory management, law enforcement system. We use six Windows Servers at five different locations for the whole organization.
- Windows Server provides our end users nearly 99.9% up-time and requires very minimal downtime for maintenance tasks.
- We are able to perform local and off site backup, and failure notification of back up is nominal.
- User and computer management is very simple in the Active Directory environment.
- Remote access is simplified with Remote Desktop Connection.
- I have not had any areas where Windows Server needed improvement. We installed and configured the servers and the vendors were able to deploy their applications very easily.
- We have not had any negative impact on any of our Windows Servers on our business. If anything, we have had issues more with hardware and parts failing on the servers than the actual Windows Server operating system.
- Our return on investment with Windows Server has been very good for our overall business objectives. We have kept up to date with all of the Server updates and do not have to worry about security, server software issues and hardware compatibility issues.
- Our ROI with the several Windows Servers we have in the organization has paid dividends with increased user productivity, very minimal downtime and low maintenance for I.T. personnel.
We have utilized Windows Server for over a decade and have not had a reason to look at any other server environment. Our vendors also specify that their applications will run best on a Windows Server environment and they have not been wrong with the ease of use it provides. We have been researching Cloud Servers but have concerns about security and Internet connectivity.
Windows Server is well suited for organizations of different sizes. We utilize Windows Server from a small two person office up to 50 users in a large office setting. I would not recommend using Windows Server in a single user office setting unless the application is server specific for it to work correctly.