Review: "WordPress: The CMS that we've been waiting for."https://www.trustradius.com/cmsWordPressUnspecified8.318511012013-11-07T21:22:21.048Z
- Simplicity: WordPress is user friendly to the max. On every page in the Dashboard you have help at your finger tips. The back end to your website is the WordPress (CMS), and the backbone of your website is WordPress. It's simple and straightforward with a host of help files, tutorials, how-to articles and numerous online resources.
- Organization: WordPress manages to put everything right where I want it and allows me to move things around to suit my tastes and add productivity. For those who struggle with organization, WordPress provides a simple tool to help you, even the most novice website operators, be awesome!
- Seamlessly Adding Content: It's easy to add content using WordPress. Back in the day I used to have to code and re-code each page every time I wanted to add content. That's not the case with WordPress (WP). WP matches the look and flavor of the website, but WordPress handles everything for you, so that the interface on the public side of my websites are seamless. Adding content is so easy with WordPress!
- Functions and Features: This is where WordPress zooms past all other CMS solutions by a long stretch. Adding features or functions to your site, like social media icons, twitter feeds, info boxes, videos, sliders, event calendars, and more, is so easy and fast too. Plugins add functionality, Themes provide layout, style (look and feel), and features. Such an amazing way to organize the public side of your interactive website/blog.
- Owner-Friendly: WordPress makes everybody a web designer! No more stress because your web developer got sick or flew to Thailand for a year, you can take charge of your site in minutes on your own. With WordPress you have the most popular CMS system, and you can quickly find another web designer or developer that is already familiar with WordPress.
- The relationship management between the database and the CMS in WordPress is not so user-friendly and often difficult to understand. Making migrating sites from one host or domain to another somewhat complex. So fixing databases or migrating sites or changing domain names is still a little high on the tech-scale.
- The maintenance can be tasking after a while with a somewhat difficult to understand "updating process". Some novice users either never update anything, or update everything without backing up their site or understanding that sometimes updating WP Versions, plugins and themes can result in breaking your site.
- The required processes to protect the website form viruses, spam and malicious attacks are often overlooked by novice users of WordPress. Backing up being one of the most overlooked process. The popularity of WordPress sites being hacked seems inordinately high. Although many plugins are available to reduce problems with hacking and spam, which ones to use and what combinations of plugins work best is still a mystery.
- Feature Adding: Reacting to a market situation requires speed. WordPress enables me to instantly react accordingly.
- Content Adding: I can post instantly from my phone, laptop, ipad or any computer connected to the internet. It's that easy!
- Productivity: There's no way to describe how much time I save using WordPress other than to tell you that I can do more designing, editing, writing, value-adds using WordPress is less time than I ever have been able to with other content management systems. Literally saving me 5-6 hours per day, more than doubling my productivity.
I've become comfortable using WordPress because it's a step in my ability to express myself with ease and effortless productivity. As a content management system (CMS), WordPress is what I would call a masterpiece of integrated, open-source genius. It's the answer to my organization shortfalls, the solution to my productivity goals and a gift to my customers for it's reliability.