Overall Satisfaction with Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt)
Zix is used to either explicitly encrypt emails through a keyword in the subject line or implicitly encrypt emails based on heuristics that look at the content of the message. It is used across our healthcare organization to protect patient privacy as required by HIPAA and other government regulation.
- Heuristics work well.
- The ability to simplify explicit encryption through a keyword is nice.
- Most recipients are prompted to a secure portal to read the message, but if the other user also uses Zix then the message is automatically decrypted.
- Zix is appliance based (at least in our implementation). The encryption happens as the message leaves the mail server. This means there is nothing to install at the client. It makes Zix very non-intrusive.
- Nothing comes to mind -- it just works.
- It nice to know that even if I dont think about encrypting the message Zix will look at the content and encrypt it if it contains patient health information.
Zix was chaose by Security section. I was just involved in the implementation
Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt) Support
Using Zix Email Encryption (ZixEncrypt)
I personally implemented Zix at the time (it was before I was in a management role). I found it very easy and straight forward to implement.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Heuristic evaluation works well
- Manually activation is excellent
- Zix client to Zix client encryption is transparent