Give ZoomInfo a Try
October 11, 2018
Give ZoomInfo a Try
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ZoomInfo
We currently using ZoomInfo in our inside sales organization. As a Sales Development Representative, our group is constantly in search of a prospect's city, state, phone number, company, how large the company is, etc., so that we can align a meeting to the correct outside sales rep. Many of the prospects do not give us this information up front, so we need to use ZoomInfo to add this info into Salesforce.
- ZoomInfo does a great job of providing info for smaller companies that do not have employees listed in other databases, such as Discover.org
- I like that I can just click on the company and usually find an accurate employee head count to be able to align the prospect to the correct rep.
- Many times I've used ZoomInfo to determine if an employee is still with a company. If they have moved to another company, I can still find the new company and phone number, usually.
- I think that an annoying thing about ZoomInfo is that you don't get an exact address for remote employees or current employees other than, for example, the state and city. I would like to see the actual mailing addresses.
- ZoomInfo does not always have the most accurate company info for every employee. I personally find that I have to compare any person I find on ZoomInfo with LinkedIn just to try my best to determine if they actually are still working at that company.
- If you spell a prospect's name wrong, there is no feature to do a best guess on who it might be as does Google if you misspell a name. I wish this could happen on ZoomInfo.
- I have been able to call more prospects and email them faster since I was able to find their info easily.
- A lot of times I will spend more time than necessary trying to verify where someone works because I'm not sure of the validity of the data on ZoomInfo.
- I have been able to grow my own territory's prospect list because I can now add phone numbers and emails in an effective manner.
I'd say ZoomInfo is not as good accuracy-wise compared to Discover.org just because Discover.org has never really steered me to wrong company information regarding the prospect. I have not figured out how to download a list from ZoomInfo yet, but this is very simple on Discover.org. The main reason I use ZoomInfo is because for smaller SMB and commercial accounts, the prospects are less likely to be found on Discover.org. I usually try ZoomInfo second if I don't find the prospect in Discover.org.
I think the best use of ZoomInfo is to find out email addresses and phone numbers for prospects that are not listed already in Salesforce. The worst time to use ZoomInfo is if you are looking to submit a direct mailer to the prospect and are looking for a specific address of where they work. There usually is only a state or city listed for each prospect.