- Large database of companies
- Geographic filtering
- Pretty solid contact information
- I find that with enterprise level companies I need to cross reference contacts as often times they tend to change roles/jobs more often.
- If the data is bad, it doesn't get removed.
- Integration with Outreach would be fantastic
- Providing employee count- it is usually close to accurate
- Providing email addresses- it is easy to infer someones email address
- Giving a break down on companies in certain territories
- Staying up to date with employees who have come and gone
- Provide better phone number options
- Data reliability. Past 95% of correct contact information.
- Predictive analytics (Scoops) outline buying signals for companies.
- Salesforce integration is great. You can actually work directly out of Salesforce and still use the entirety of the DO dashboard.
- It would be nice if they incorporated a tool right into Gmail where contacts can be updated in Salesforce based on the correspondence.
- Not up their alley, but I always like to see a Click-To-Dial feature in tools like this. Makes it much quicker to get ahold of contacts.
- In their "Scoops" feature, it would be nice to know where the buying signals actually came from. Right now, it's as if we just have to take their word for it.
- Advanced Boolean searches across all aspects - contacts, companies, triggers, etc. This is extremely helpful in narrowing searches and finding the information for which you're searching.
- Simple and fast to see the org chart and know who to contact.
- Ability to verify information about a company and its employees.
- Update/add companies and contacts quicker when requested.
- Alerts and Triggers area could be simplified in terms of functionality; it can be somewhat confusing until you're used to the quirks.
- A mobile app would be very useful!
- Opportunity alerts, or intent data. It's the best way to incorporate AI into marketing! Know what accounts are searching for before they even hit your website, if at all.
- Technology stack and IT departments. There are many services out there that do the same thing, but they can't compete if your target audience is the IT department of enterprise businesses.
- List building and filtering. You can filter on just about anything and it happens in the background in real time. The integration into Dynamics is also pretty brilliant.
- Search. The search doesn't pull up the relevant accounts or contacts all the time. If you could search a person's name, followed by the company they are employed at, so you can see if they are in there, it would be ideal. Accounts should have their headquarter city or another identifying data point to help you know you're clicking on the right one.
- The integration to Dynamics CRM could be better, but I am aware it's in the works. Right now it's difficult to tell what data has been updated in Dynamics. You just know it was updated, period. So if their phone number changed, for example, you won't know.
- The contact information is spot on
- It's easy to search and find the person you're looking for
- It is quick and easy to see your prospects org chart and know who to go after
- The proactive alerting could use some work
- Would love to know where they get some of the "triggers" intel - source callout would be cool
- Would love a Mobile app!
- Opp Alerts - such an awesome tool to get notified about new contact information!
- Scheduled triggers that notifies users on all account activity and keeps them up to date on key contacts so that when someone leaves an organization, joins one, or is ready to buy software like yours.
- Exportable contact reports.
- We have been finding that it is hard to find information on a lot of companies/orgs that aren't over 10,000 employees.
- It's a very robust platform - there's a lot to learn how to do and it can be a lot to remember how it works.
- Dynamic search function with dozens of filters that allows salespeople to identify the right criteria to find key contacts and accounts. Not only is it easily searchable, but the contact information is almost ALWAYS spot on.
- Exportable reports that integrate with other sales tools that enable users to streamline outreach and improve efficiency
- Scheduled triggers that notifies users on all account activity and keeps them up to date on key contacts so that when someone leaves an organization, joins one, or is ready to buy software, they'll be the first to know
- User friendliness - if you aren't adequately trained on outreach, it can be difficult to navigate. In fact, I still feel like I don't leverage all of the information I could because of its heavy feature set
- Triggers aren't always up to date, so I'll run into instances where DiscoverOrg lists accounts in the market for HR software but when I finally get in touch, they inform me that they've already completed their evaluation
- Cost is very pricey, but being that it's such a rich resource with so much quality information, I'm not surprised.
DiscoverOrg is not something that every salesperson needs. Most users won't be able to leverage all of its capabilities, so it probably makes the most sense to have 1 license between an SDR/AE pairing or a license for a sales ops person who can pull detailed reports for certain territories.
- Being able to receive company alerts
- Being able to get direct contact lines
- Being able to follow companies and their contacts to watch movement
- I wish there was a feature to see all contacts in companies without having to pay more
- I wish there were more smaller companies listed so that we can find the right contacts for all of our targeted accounts
- Data accuracy - while Discover.org may be more expensive than other solutions the data is spot on.
- Integration with SFDC - simple, easy, fast, and keeps our salespeople focused.
- Alerts - our salespeople heavily leverage this feature.
- Expensive (but worth it).
- Making sure that you understand what data set you've purchased and how that it fits your needs.
- Mid and SMB buildout - they are working on it but lightweight.
- Triggers are a great way to uncover projects or potential projects at a company as well as title updates of contacts that either changed roles or left the company.
- Opp Alerts is a great way to enter key words to find opportunities within a specific company or industry that you are targeting.
- Bulk Match is very helpful when looking up multiple companies at the same time rather than doing them one by one.
- Additional companies may be an area that DiscoverOrg looks at. Although they have the majority of them, they do not have them all.
- Make the search company information a little more user friendly. I do find myself getting confused sometimes when trying to advanced search company information due to the amount of tabs that could be condensed.
- It provides IT size and estimated budget.
- It provides IT contacts and other C-Level contacts.
- Sometimes it is hard to find the right company or contact. I am trying to look up companies that I already have in my prospecting list in our CRM system. So some of them are hard to find if I can find them at all. They may just not be big enough or may not have any IT dept to work with. It may be a mix of size, industry, and roles. I’m not too sure.
- I know a few things are a little hard to navigate with when it comes to the interface… but I am constantly learning on how to use different parts of DiscoverOrg.
- Accuracy of data is extremely good.
- Customer service is exceptional, responding to requests in a day or less.
- Variety of industries is quite extensive.
- DiscoverOrg lacks in sourcing data from foreign countries.
- Alerts and Triggers could have a simpler functionality.
- TEDD/IT should be consolidated into one category.
- The format of the Org charts are pretty solid.
- If the company you are looking for happens to be in their database, the contact info is pretty good. IF it's in their database.
- Customer service is terrible. They are not clear on their contract terms and try to hold you hostage when you try to cancel.
- Communication - They did not send any communication regarding the renewal. The auto-renewal language is not listed in the actual document we signed. And they even raised our pricing without notification or consent.
- Size and number of companies in their database is not what we have seen from other vendors.
- Relevant, verified contact information
- Tools for account based outreach
- Simple and effective search tools
- Installed technology information is lacking detail (i.e. who in the company is involved in using/administering the tool)
- Integration to CRM could definitely be improved
- There could always be more contacts... we've seen missing contacts at time.
- Triggers and filters for the triggers
- Technology tab is amazingly helpful!
- The direct lines! Absolutely amazing!
- I think they need more tutorials to be able to use the amazing features. Little videos would be amazing
- DiscoverOrg "nests" the hierarchy of our prospective clients, allowing me to view their org structures fairly accurately.
- DiscoverOrg provides an easy-to-use Web interface.
- DiscoverOrg provides excellent customer support though its dedicated CSM model. (Yea! Go Aaron!)
- DiscoverOrg refreshes its data through perpetual data mining.
- DiscoverOrg could try to implement an easier tool for users like myself to provide updates about contacts who have moved on from a prospect company when I encounter them.
- DiscoverOrg could integrate with Zoho Campaign.
- DiscoverOrg could improve its pricing. Hey, cheaper is better, right?
DiscoverOrg Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
DiscoverOrg is a sales and marketing intelligence tool used by the top technology vendors, staffing companies and consultants targeting IT, finance, marketing, engineering, technology and product development departments of Fortune-ranked, mid-market, and SMB companies in North America and Europe.
Offered in the form of a constantly refreshed database, DiscoverOrg specializes in mapping out the org charts, including verified email addresses, direct-dial phone numbers, reporting structure, new projects and initiatives, and technology installed base. Each of the decision makers in the DiscoverOrg database are updated and refreshed by the company’s team of in-house researchers at least once every 90 days, enabling customers to reach the right person at the right company with the right message. DiscoverOrg says it is committed to creating a family of integrations with top sales enablement tools to support their customers' full technology stack.
DiscoverOrg Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
DiscoverOrg Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||North America, Global|