Reviews (1-25 of 97)
- Targets specific audiences very well
- Up to date on current market trends
- Allows you to search both broad and specific audiences.
- Helps to pinpoint sales and marketing opportunities within an organization
- Speed - it can be quite slow at times.
- Improvement on the search capabilities - since there is so much to search (which is a plus) it makes it harder to do this in a timely manner. You have to dedicate a certain amount of time to be able to pull a proper, useful and clean list.
- Make it more user friendly - there are so many different tabs, search buttons, pull down, etc. I think it can be quite confusing to a new user.
- Building sales and marketing databases.
- Targeting TEDD (Technology, Engineering, Design & Development) contacts; Best platform in the market.
- Easy and quick integration with SFDC.
- Super intuitive and helpful CSMs and AMs assigned to your sales team to provide quick tips, sales collateral, and update on outbound sales trends.
- Prospecting Lists/Lead Gen - Discover Org does this very well because of it's ability to provide current information (email/phone) on an individual at a company. It's easy to segment & drill down by categories - to find the right targets to reach out to.
- Insights - DiscoverOrg is great at providing insights or "scopes" on prospects as well. Meaning it will show who is handling what project (Decision-Maker) and what projects they are particularly interested in at the moment/what initiatives. For example, the scopes may show that they are interested in AI initiatives or a Merger & Acquisition or Digital Transformation & will say who is in charge of the initiative.
- Stellar filtering capabilities - you can filter lists in so many ways. You can go by function, or even look at companies with small marketing teams (let's say less than 10), or you can search for companies with an "x" amount of $ budget for IT spend. Or even companies that use a specific HR workplace management system.
- DiscoverOrg doesn't support smaller companies - so you can't prospect for SMB segment. It's mostly for larger companies.
- The price point is quite high per user. It's not a tool that can be used by 50 sales reps. It can only be used by 2 people since licenses cost $20,000 per license. It's not helpful to the sales team to wait for the turnaround times of sales ops to generate the lists and to have more users.
- If Filtering can be done with LOGIC or BOOLEAN system so that it can be even more precise. That is a Nice to Have. But mostly the price point is the main issue.
- Oh the UI/UX is not the most intuitive or pretty. It looks antiquated and from like the 90s. Could use a design refresh since it's not very pretty.
- Info on large accounts, enterprise specific.
- Org charts are awesome.
- Funding news is awesome.
- This tool is HORRIBLE for any company under 200 employees.
- We were oversold by our sales rep as a tool that can work for anyone other than comm/sales.
- We were oversold.
- DisoverOrg does really well integrating with other platforms such as HubSpot CRM. This allowed me to quickly add contacts and companies.
- DiscoverOrg has great information on each contact and company and sometimes even had a bio on a contact which helps when writing content in an email to that person.
- DiscoverOrg was very easy to use and had great filters so you were able to find exactly what you needed in a particular area or state.
- DiscoverOrg's pricing structure is a bit high. You have to pay for each level of a company such as HR level, C-Suite, level and so on which made it difficult to have all the contacts from a company since my organization only had two levels.
- DiscoverOrg is not perfect. Some of the contact information was very outdated or incorrect which made things difficult at times but that is with any search engine.
- DiscoverOrg allows us to quickly download a number of prospects very seamlessly without lagging or wait time, this is essential when working on a lead blitz.
- DiscoverOrg enables us to further filter through lead lists and apply customized filters to allow you to see the list in your preferred view
- It allows you to get verified emails and organizational charts which you can count on
- The UI and UX design of the platform made it very tough to look at on a day to day basis
- The direct dials were not always accurate
- The system sometimes crashes when pulling lead lists
- Very robust and good interface
- Lots of granular data
- Tons of companies
- Payment is by credits, which are based on exporting contacts
- Could have more information on company financials
- Not sure if departmental data is always accurate
- Easy to use.
- Up to date information.
- Comprehensive data.
- Perhaps condense some of the search functions within the tool. There are a lot of options and it can be a little confusing until you get the hang of it.
- Segmentation of research
- Information detail provided for specific target
- Information is pretty accurate and up to date
- Good support for product
- Search criteria sometimes provides unexpected results so you have to play with the variables quite a bit to define your resultant set. Takes some getting used to.
- Sometimes hard to tell individuals exact rolls based on descriptions
- DiscoverOrg does a good job of gathering "mostly" accurate customer information by organization, which allows the user to reach the customer relatively quick.
- DiscoverOrg does a good job of providing relevant customer and company information. which provides the user inroads and awareness of the customers issues and current environment.
- DiscoverOrg integrates well with Salesforce.com, which allows the information to be transferred seamlessly with this CRM.
- DiscoverOrg segments customer access, therefore requiring additional costs for broader departmental information.
- Now that DiscoverOrg has acquired ZoomInfo, I would love to be able to access this information as well.
- The data was almost always reliable, even more so than our other platforms (ZoomInfo, LinkedIn).
- It was fantastic to look at organizational hierarchies. If we found a VP of IT, for example, we could find almost everyone that works under them via a hierarchy view.
- It wasn't the easiest for new users to learn, but with enough practice, they could use it quite well.
- There was a weird problem where on occasion if a person had a traditional "First name" as their last name, it would flip it. So someone named "John Allen" would become "Allen John" we ran into this more often than you would think.
- Complete and comprehensive data.
- Updated information on customers and companies.
- Helpful customer service team.
- Organization charts are a bonus!
- I have had to modify the search filters, sometimes I have to do this over and over.
- Filters for the "Scoops".
- DiscoverOrg is very good at account and contacts information. Their detail information are very accurate and relevant. This is the strength of DiscoverOrg.
- DiscoverOrg is great at providing direct phone numbers of your target contacts with ultimate accuracy, this is also a strength of DiscoverOrg.
- DiscoverOrg dashboards and reports features are just amazing and very informative. This is also a strength of DiscoverOrg.
- DiscoverOrg is very expensive, small startups may not able to afford this, so they need to think about it and start providing the solution to those small companies as well.
- When you need companies having employee size less than 30, DiscoverOrg will fail you, yes DiscoverOrg does not have a very huge amount of data for small and funded startups, this is the area where I think they must improve.
- DiscoverOrg is good at providing technology stack of a particular internet product companies but not great I say, because when I want technology stack of small companies like 30 to 50 employee size, DiscoverOrg not able to give a great result.
Less appropriate:- when your target accounts employee size is less than 30 and funded startups, in this area DiscoverOrg is less appropriate.
It will be interesting to see the merge of DiscoverOrg and ZoomInfo and how this may make the cost and access to leads better and/or easier. Data from DiscoverOrg is accurate due to real data scrubbing and not AI performing the function. DiscoverOrg does away with the leg work to find the correct contact and contact information due to the research that is done by DiscoverOrg.
- It quickly slows you to see whether it is going to have access to what you are looking for or not, so at least a lot of time is not wasted.
- The search feature in being able to type in a company name or individual name is nice because it might still pull someone up from a previous company and there might still be a cell number provided.
- The sort feature with data is nice in being able to sort by name, title, etc
- The information provided is very hit or miss and often times inaccurate.
- Titles listed in discover.org are usually not the same as titles on individuals LinkedIn.
- Sometimes it is so fast to pull a company up while you are searching and it is nowhere near the company you wanted.
DiscoverOrg Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
DiscoverOrg is a sales and marketing intelligence tool used by the top technology vendors, staffing companies and consultants targeting IT, finance, marketing, engineering, technology and product development departments of Fortune-ranked, mid-market, and SMB companies in North America and Europe.
Offered in the form of a constantly refreshed database, DiscoverOrg specializes in mapping out the org charts, including verified email addresses, direct-dial phone numbers, reporting structure, new projects and initiatives, and technology installed base. Each of the decision makers in the DiscoverOrg database are updated and refreshed by the company’s team of in-house researchers at least once every 90 days, enabling customers to reach the right person at the right company with the right message. DiscoverOrg says it is committed to creating a family of integrations with top sales enablement tools to support their customers' full technology stack.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
DiscoverOrg Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
DiscoverOrg Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||North America, Global|