Reviews (1-25 of 67)
- DiscoverOrg provides lead contact information that is supposed to have been verified by their reps within every 90 days, in order to ensure accurate data.
- DiscoverOrg provides the ability to connect with major CRMs and marketing automation tools for streamlined lead data importing.
- DiscoverOrg provides a simple user interface with the ability to filter by company, leadership, geography, and many other criteria that are necessary for effective data driven sales operations.
- DiscoverOrg leads are frequently inaccurate, and the party line that these leads are all being verified every 90 days is simply not accurate. Quite frequently, the leads are found to be very old data. On numerous occasions, the lead information would not have been accurate for several years (sometimes even more than 5 years old).
- DiscoverOrg does frequently add more leads to their system, but the data quality is an issue with the new leads as well. Users are left wondering what data to trust. Trial and error gets old when you're trying to reach the right person at the right time with the right message, and the data you are trusting is not dependable!
- DiscoverOrg has to compete with a plethora of other vendors that do the same thing, and they haven't demonstrated a truly significant differentiator that sets them apart from the competition.
DiscoveryOrg does a fine job of providing a relatively simple to navigate repository of lead and company data. They could invest a great deal more in providing a supplemental tool for scraping data from resources like LinkedIn, which, by and large, is considered the most up to date resource for gathering intelligence on lead data. The problem is that even with more functionality in this regard, the most important contact information is still not always available.
Review: "DiscoverOrg - a highly useful and relatively easy tool for sales people looking to up their game"
1) For sales people it is a place to identify potential contacts/leads, gather intelligence about an account, and update our CRM with new relevant, contact information. This helps us by shortening the time needed to look in many places for the same information as well as begins the process of finding out relevant information to use on a sales call.
2) For marketing it is used as a tool for list building (for e-mail campaigns and to upload en masse to the CRM) as well as to keep account data properly maintained and clean. While not perfect, the information is significantly better than stock information provided by our CRM (HubSpot.)
- Demographic data for companies tends to be highly accurate, along with hierarchy, etc.
- The ability to navigate and get to various bits of information is really useful.
- Uploading information into the CRM is simple with one click, and other sites are highly accessible (for example, clicking through to a contact LinkedIn page)
- Response times when bad/faulty data is found are relatively quick (
- The ability to filter and create lists can be a bit challenging. This is partly due to the way organizations are structured -- from company to company a VP = Director = SVP, depending on industry, size, etc. so when trying to create a list you often have to pare down the results pretty significantly
- Company hierarchies are for the most part inaccurate past the top 2 layers of an organization.
- It would be nice if the scoops were expanded. 1) Be more "filterable" (they have a search filter but returns very little for my searches). As it stands you have to scroll through endless updates on various employees leaving/coming, non-relevant "news", and "high-level source indicates X" - it would be good to be able to filter by topic or filter out certain types of information with a few clicks. 2) Link to the announcement and/or source of the information more frequently (where appropriate - for example, merger announcement or press release on fiscal reports, etc.), and 3) differentiate between "source" info, and reported publicly info
It can be challenging in the training space as there is no clear information beyond the formal systems of what might be in place as well as who some of the key contacts might be. This is a very difficult thing, though, as every company seems to take a different approach.
- Good connection to Salesforce
- Helpful technical support
- There's a really high turnover of customer success managers. In a single year we were assigned three different customer success managers
- Their customer service and contract policies are unethical. They aren't clear on terms, hiding renewal language in the contract, that they then used to bully [us] into renewing.
- Very limited communication from customer success managers about the relationship, the use of the product, and no communication or notice about renewal before sending a bill and demanding payment for an increased price.
- Limited access to different industries. When we attempted to adjust our target market, their availability of industry data left us hamstrung and we didn't get much out of the second half of our year-long engagement.
- Contact info, including where individuals sit in the company hierarchy and where there HQ is.
- Reliable numbers and position titles.
- A streamlined interface that allows for import directly to your CRM.
- Though they have a lot of contacts, more would add value.
- Ability to upload as prospects into tools such as Outreach.
- ACCURATE DATA
- Easy to use
- Quickly export to Salesforce
- Research support
- SMB businesses don't have as accurate of data
- At times, some contact information is locked even if they are in a department that we have access to
- No notifications when an exported contact has changed organizations
- DiscoverOrg displays the last updated date for each contact, which is very helpful.
- Pulling contacts into a CRM is extremely easy with DiscoverOrg. I personally use the Chrome extension to pull contacts and companies into Salesforce. It's extremely easy to research prospects via LinkedIn and pull them into Salesforce all through this extension.
- If you find any incorrect information for a contact or company, it is easy to send in a "fix-it" request. The DiscoverOrg team will contact you when the mistake is resolved, as well as offer more information on the contact or company. The follow-up of the DiscoverOrg team is amazing.
- I will find a company title that is incorrect, but this is very rare. I have found maybe five mistakes in the names of the hundreds of companies I have researched.
- Overall accurate contact info for leads, both at a high level and day-to-day level within the company being targeted.
- Great org chart showing the chain of command and who each person reports to.
- Scoops are pretty accurate, and can confirm suspicions of new projects that are starting up.
- Scoops could be reported quicker
- Data could always be more accurate. It's not bad, but could always be cleaned out a little more thoroughly.
- Org charts could be a little easier to understand as far as what department each individual's role ultimately falls to on an executive level.
Smaller companies are lacking in leads some of the times. Scoops are really nice, but I definitely wouldn't buy this if that is your main driving factor.
- Very good and clean contact data
- Customer service is exceptional
- Constant product changes and contact refreshes
- Amount of contacts for smaller companies
- Integration issues with converting phone numbers into Salesforce.com
- DiscoverOrg is a great prospecting tool. It gives you a top to bottom look of a company's team.
- DiscoverOrg is very user friendly and makes it easy to operate through a company's team.
- DiscoverOrg has a great implementation team that made the transition over smooth
- There appears to be too many blocks in the way of reaching who we need to reach.
- It doesn't always have the proper location for companies
- It needs to integrate better with Salesforce
- DiscoverOrg is used within our marketing department to help us identify the correct targets. We're constantly revising who could use our software so it's an ongoing process and having the right tools to help us narrow that search down is incredibly important.
- With DiscoverOrg we've been able to identify companies, what technologies they're utilizing, and even which departments to target. It's made us much more effective.
- You're able to equip yourself with information on how to contact decision makers.
- This is an incredible tool for prospecting as you can narrow companies you target as well as finding similar companies!
- Occasionally we'll run into only having a company number which can be difficult to get the right person if blocked by a gatekeeper.
- Integrations with a CRM can be clunky at times when uploading contacts or leads.
- There's a strong base for finding contacts however you have to pay for each department you wish to search.
DiscoverOrg Review: "Dig deeper into your prospect pool with key insights and reports at the account level"
- DiscoverOrg is an intuitive solution and once you have spent 30 minutes or so exploring it you can navigate very easily. It was a quick and easy training.
- Setting up a report to be sent to you each day with alerts about prospects that are important to you is simple. You don't get bogged down filling out unnecessary fields.
- The Org Chart feature is really good if you are working in a field where the business and IT functions are a key area of focus. Many times these get updated regularly so you can have the latest and greatest org chart.
- I work in an industry that DiscoverOrg has limited experience in. For this reason, many of the prospects I have identified on my own are not in their platform.
- I think sometimes the Scoops are a little dated before I get them.
- It would be nice to have an easier way to add keywords into the OppAlerts functionality. When I made a request, I was told it would take 6 to 9 months.
- I think DiscoverOrg is great at breaking down high-level org charts.
- The financial data, when accurate, is great insight.
- It's difficult to ensure that Discover Org financial data is correct.
- Granular org charts are almost never correct.
- When people move on to a different job, Discover Org is usually the last to know.
- DiscoverOrg is phenomenal at providing accurate telephone numbers for prospects, which leads to much better prospecting efforts.
- DiscoverOrg's trigger alerts are incredibly helpful to be made aware when a customer's budget opens up, when their fiscal year begins, and ultimately appropriate timing for engagement.
- DiscoverOrg's lists and reports are great for prospecting and lead enrichment.
- DiscoverOrg's UI could be a bit more digestible, as sometimes I feel as though I'm getting lost among all of the different features.
- DiscoverOrg's Salesforce integration is great, but its Chrome extension can be a bit fickle when prospecting directly via a prospect's website.
- DiscoverOrg's scope of smaller companies is quite narrow, so more information into smaller businesses would be incredibly helpful.
Review: "DiscoverOrg: Helping you build a better pipeline, make quality calls, and use specific triggers."
- Org Charts.
- Finding Emails and Phone numbers.
- Contact information is sometimes out of date.
- The "scoops" that you set up could include more detailed information.
- Updated information (compared to LinkedIn) could be better.
- Finds specific information within a company I am looking for and it only takes seconds
- The interface is very easy to use and very intuitive. We have been able to hit the ground running!
- The accuracy of the data from DiscoverOrg is outstanding and I can pursue leads with confidence
- Large database of companies
- Geographic filtering
- Pretty solid contact information
- I find that with enterprise level companies I need to cross reference contacts as often times they tend to change roles/jobs more often.
- If the data is bad, it doesn't get removed.
- Integration with Outreach would be fantastic
- Data reliability. Past 95% of correct contact information.
- Predictive analytics (Scoops) outline buying signals for companies.
- Salesforce integration is great. You can actually work directly out of Salesforce and still use the entirety of the DO dashboard.
- It would be nice if they incorporated a tool right into Gmail where contacts can be updated in Salesforce based on the correspondence.
- Not up their alley, but I always like to see a Click-To-Dial feature in tools like this. Makes it much quicker to get ahold of contacts.
- In their "Scoops" feature, it would be nice to know where the buying signals actually came from. Right now, it's as if we just have to take their word for it.
- Being able to receive company alerts
- Being able to get direct contact lines
- Being able to follow companies and their contacts to watch movement
- I wish there was a feature to see all contacts in companies without having to pay more
- I wish there were more smaller companies listed so that we can find the right contacts for all of our targeted accounts
- Providing employee count- it is usually close to accurate
- Providing email addresses- it is easy to infer someones email address
- Giving a break down on companies in certain territories
- Staying up to date with employees who have come and gone
- Provide better phone number options
- Advanced Boolean searches across all aspects - contacts, companies, triggers, etc. This is extremely helpful in narrowing searches and finding the information for which you're searching.
- Simple and fast to see the org chart and know who to contact.
- Ability to verify information about a company and its employees.
- Update/add companies and contacts quicker when requested.
- Alerts and Triggers area could be simplified in terms of functionality; it can be somewhat confusing until you're used to the quirks.
- A mobile app would be very useful!
- Opportunity alerts, or intent data. It's the best way to incorporate AI into marketing! Know what accounts are searching for before they even hit your website, if at all.
- Technology stack and IT departments. There are many services out there that do the same thing, but they can't compete if your target audience is the IT department of enterprise businesses.
- List building and filtering. You can filter on just about anything and it happens in the background in real time. The integration into Dynamics is also pretty brilliant.
- Search. The search doesn't pull up the relevant accounts or contacts all the time. If you could search a person's name, followed by the company they are employed at, so you can see if they are in there, it would be ideal. Accounts should have their headquarter city or another identifying data point to help you know you're clicking on the right one.
- The integration to Dynamics CRM could be better, but I am aware it's in the works. Right now it's difficult to tell what data has been updated in Dynamics. You just know it was updated, period. So if their phone number changed, for example, you won't know.
- The contact information is spot on
- It's easy to search and find the person you're looking for
- It is quick and easy to see your prospects org chart and know who to go after
- The proactive alerting could use some work
- Would love to know where they get some of the "triggers" intel - source callout would be cool
- Would love a Mobile app!
DiscoverOrg Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
DiscoverOrg is a sales and marketing intelligence tool used by the top technology vendors, staffing companies and consultants targeting IT, finance, marketing, engineering, technology and product development departments of Fortune-ranked, mid-market, and SMB companies in North America and Europe.
Offered in the form of a constantly refreshed database, DiscoverOrg specializes in mapping out the org charts, including verified email addresses, direct-dial phone numbers, reporting structure, new projects and initiatives, and technology installed base. Each of the decision makers in the DiscoverOrg database are updated and refreshed by the company’s team of in-house researchers at least once every 90 days, enabling customers to reach the right person at the right company with the right message. DiscoverOrg says it is committed to creating a family of integrations with top sales enablement tools to support their customers' full technology stack.
DiscoverOrg Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
DiscoverOrg Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||North America, Global|