SaaS Zuora Review
March 25, 2016
SaaS Zuora Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zuora
Zuora is our primary billing system utilized for charging our customers on ARR and NRR products. It allows us to keep their subscriptions up to date in billing terms, run reports for analysis, utilize for collections and invoicing, and several other functions.
- Zuora shows detailed changes to the subscription. The primary strength is you can see how the subscription's history has evolved as well as who made those changes.
- Zuora has the ability to run several reports. Its strength is the ability to run analysis on your customers and their billings.
- Zuora syncs with CRMs such as SalesForce. Its strength is the ability to connect your company's billing and CRM system together.
- Zuora recently took the edit invoice button away, a very useful tool in my opinion. This component should be an option for users.
- Zuora's sync with SalesForce does not work on 100% of accounts. This absolutely needs to work all the time.
- The subscription amendment history needs to look cleaner, rather than just links and numbers. It could be categorized, named, and dated more efficiently.
I have not used any other competitor products, so I will only vouch for Zuora alone here. Zuora's automated billing, including automated CC charging, has allowed our business to collect on invoices seamlessly. This combination of automated billing and recurring payments has increased the growth of our company substantially. Our automated sync to books has allowed for more efficient closes at EOM and EOQ too.
Zuora is well suited for subscription based model companies. If there is any product that has changing terms, payments, frequencies, requires payment in several currencies, necessitates CRM sync, then Zuora is the greatest product I have seen for this functionality. It's also geared greatly for automated invoicing, and can assist your collections department tremendously.