Likelihood to Recommend
We use Alpha Anywhere to develop large scale business applications. So far, we haven't found any real limitations. This is exemplified by my response to my customers who frequently ask, "Is it possible..." I always interrupt them before this sentence goes any further by telling them, "with our development platform, anything's possible" (then we have to discuss whether the time/cost is worth the added benefit of what they're requesting).
We use a lot of forms that include dates, numeric inputs, drop downs. We also use a lot of grids to present groups of data to our clients. Along with this, the grids allow sorting and filtering. Our clients love that kind of stuff. In addition, the controls are much prettier than the standard .Net controls.
- Mobile application development with true offline capability.
- Low-code, rapid app development and deployment environment for building native-quality, cross platform web and mobile business applications.
- Cross platform mobile apps created with HTML5.
- Back-end database support for pretty much all the most popular SQL backends as well as NoSQL and Rest APIs.
- Very user friendly and easy to learn.
- Good language support, it does not require you to write code in a lot of scenarios.
- Testers can design and maintain tests and pass them to developers through source control to assist with more complex, edge case scenarios.
- Whenever I'm asked to criticize Alpha Anywhere, my first comment refers to the documentation. For sure, they've made some improvements, this year, but I still wish it were better. Because I moved from another development package, I really had to start learning from scratch... I've been at it, for years, and I still feel like I have a way to go. The good news is that Alpha has a very active Message Board and there are lots of people who generously give their time to answer questions and help solve problems. There's no "tech support" line to call for help. Alpha DOES offer a paid "mentoring" service, which I used, several times. Unfortunately, my experience with the mentors wasn't as positive as I hoped it would be.
- Alpha needs to improve its "templates" to make them more modern for users. I've never had a complaint from users, but I'd like my applications to have a newer, flashier look.
- The documentation articles. There should definitely be more "real life" examples.
- On some products, they should pay more attention on how the end users are going to actually use them.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
Any time I have needed support, I just log into their website and create a trouble ticket. They have always responded within 24 hours with easy-to-follow, broken-down instructions. In all cases, they have provided code snippets for example for any difficult scenarios. If I get an answer that I don't completely understand, they explain it in more detail and usually provide code snippets to help illustrate difficult tasks. I have also had tickets answered and have asked for more detailed explanations. Instead of closing the ticket and opening new ones, they have just kept the ticket open for me until I was completely satisfied with the answer.
Alpha Anywhere is a more robust, complete and lower cost solution for rapid desktop, web and mobile application cross platform development.
They build good components with a good UI. It is also very flexible for developers; they have perfect support. They also deliver a lot of examples where you can find out everything what you need. When you have a problem and would like to look for solution just purchase support and they will answer you within 48 hours.
Return on Investment
- Alpha is our sole Development Platform. It has enabled us to contract for some pretty large jobs. AND, we are regularly told, by our customers, that our programs have helped them improve their organizations, workflows and profits.
- Negative- Expect some manual work when you need to upgrade controls.
- Positive- lightweight controls, easy to implement, better than in-built Asp.net controls from my perspective.
Inspection Solutions is a mobile business app designed for inspectors who need to inspect construction vehicles in the field, but showcases functionality relevant to many other field apps. The app includes the critical features now required in modern field services apps, such as offline capability, bar code scanning, voice annotation and digital ink. It is a native-quality hybrid app created using the Alpha Anywhere V4 rapid mobile application development and deployment platform.See All (6) Alpha Anywhere Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Alpha Anywhere Editions & Modules
|Alpha Anywhere Business||$1,499/year|
|Alpha Anywhere Business Pro||$2,499/year|
|Alpha Anywhere Enterprise||Call Us +1 781.850.46002|
|Alpha TransForm (no-code component)||35/month|
- Volume Discounts
Additional Pricing DetailsQuestions? Call us: +1 781.229.4500
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Telerik Editions & Modules