Likelihood to Recommend
It is useful in the following scenarios.1. For Android development when you use Java as your front-end language.2. For Android development and Kotlin development when you use Kotlin as an alternative to Java as your front-end language.3. For Android development when you use Flutter and Dart as in your front-end development.4. For Java development.
If you are having an application which requires authentications of users and want to have a central space where you can store all your user data, Firebase is a lifesaver. You can deploy your application once and then control all the operations from the console itself.In case your applications do not require any authentications and simply available to all the users who download/install it, Firebase might be of less use in that case.
Engineer in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Supports Gradle instead of Maven.
- Debug mode is excellent.
- Android Studio is not the unique product for Android development. IntelliJ IDEA is good for it too.
- It is open source software.
- No need to pay, free of charge product.
- It supports big community of other android developers.
- Provide Java to Kotlin code auto translation.
- Analytics wise, retention is extremely important to our app, therefore we take advantage of the cohort analysis to see the impact of our middle funnel (retargeting, push, email) efforts affect the percent of users that come back into the app. Firebase allows us to easily segment these this data and look at a running average based on certain dates.
- When it comes to any mobile app, a deep linking strategy is essential to any apps success. With Firebase's Dynamic Links, we are able to share dynamic links (recognize user device) that are able to redirect to in-app content. These deep links allow users to share other deep-linked content with friends, that also have link preview assets.
- Firebase allows users to effectively track events, funnels, and MAUs. With this simple event tracking feature, users can put organize these events into funnels of their main user flows (e.g., checkout flows, onboarding flows, etc.), and subsequently be able to understand where the drop-off is in the funnel and then prioritize areas of the funnel to fix. Also, MAU is important to be able to tell if you are bringing in new users and what's the active volume for each platform (Android, iOS).
- Unlike Eclipse, Android Studio has no concept of a workspace. Each window houses only one project. It's not very easy to jump between projects.
- Android Studio isn't lightweight. It consumes lots of memory and takes lots of time to perform certain tasks.
- I frequently see ignorable messages telling me that Android Studio has encountered an error (an error in the IDE, not an error in my code). I've never bothered to find the source of these messages because the messages go away quickly, and they don't keep me from running my code.
- Attribution and specifically multi-touch attribution could be more robust such as Branch or Appsflyer but understand this isn't Firebases bread and butter.
- More parameters. Firebase allows you to track tons of events (believe it's up to 50 or so) but the parameters of the events it only allows you to track 5 which is so messily and unbelievable. So you're able to get good high-level data but if you want to get granular with the events and actions are taken on your app to get real data insight you either have to go with a paid data analytics platform or bring on someone that's an expert in SQL to go through Big Query.
- City-specific data instead of just country-specific data would have been a huge plus as well.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 2 answers
It is simple to use overall, the console's main menu is divided into Develop, Quality, Analytics and Grow - which have further subdivisions by their set of features and tools. Develop and Quality are relevant for product and tech. Analytics is relevant for product, analytics and Grow is relevant for marketing. This makes the overall use very easy.
Vice-President in MarketingInternet Company, 51-200 employees
Android Studio 9.3
Based on 9 answers
Overall support for Android Studio is quite good. As the project is maintained by Google itself, frequent updates are usually made to Android Studio to keep the IDE update and bug-free. Many community forums are also available to help developers across the world if they face any issue.
Based on 16 answers
Our analytics folks handled the majority of the communication when it came to customer service, but as far as I was aware, the support we got was pretty good. When we had an issue, we were able to reach out and get support in a timely fashion. Firebase was easy to reach and reasonably available to assist when needed.
Employee in OtherMedia Production Company, 51-200 employees
- Debugging and testing are easy in Android Studio.
- The errors of the codes can be found easily in Android Studio.
- It has superior community support.
Before using Firebase, we exclusively used self hosted database services. Using Firebase has allowed us to reduce reliance on single points of failure and systems that are difficult to scale. Additionally, Firebase is much easier to set up and use than any sort of self hosted database. This simplicity has allowed us to try features that we might not have based on the amount of work they required in the past.
Manager in Information TechnologyRestaurants Company, 501-1000 employees
Return on Investment
- Due to Android Studio's day by day improvement, our company is making Android applications in more and more effective and efficient ways.
- 24x7 support from Google and JetBrains is making our work running 24x7 smoother, and making our clients happier and happier day by day.
- Due to the awesome animation and transition tricks, we are providing our clients more than they expected.
- Makes building real-time interfaces easy to do at scale with no backend involvement.
- Very low pricing for small companies and green-fields projects.
- Lack of support for more complicated queries needs to be managed by users and often forces strange architecture choices for data to enable it to be easily accessed.
Director in EngineeringComputer Software Company, 51-200 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Android Studio Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Firebase Editions & Modules
- Per Verification
- Per GiB