Likelihood to Recommend
AppFolio Property Manager is great for small to medium-sized businesses (managing 300 - 1,000 units). I don't know if it would be as useful for extremely large organizations or extremely small organizations. There are so many features that we don't use (we don't currently have a need for) but I can't imagine a smaller business owner needing half of the features this software offers. As I haven't worked for a large organization that utilizes this program, I'm not sure if it would be beneficial or if it would meet all the needs of an extremely large organization (10,000+ units); therefore, I'm unable to speak on that portion.
- Support is phenomenal. Response time is great and results are immediate.
- By far the easiest property management software I have ever used. If mistakes are made, making corrections is extremely easy and does not clutter up reports, ledgers or other areas of the account.
- Posting directly to the website and other internet sites is so simple and quick. No more do I spend time inputting data in my software then again to the website and yet again to internet advertisements. Data is entered once and moved to all of these locations at the click of a button.
- The calendar needs a lot of improvement. Currently it will sync with Google calendar but I would like to see it sync directly with my Outlook calendar.
- It would be extremely beneficial if lease expiration dates would post to the calendar OR if AppFolio would notify me in advance that a lease expiration is upcoming.
- I would like some sort of notification when an on-line payment is made.
- The ability to send group text messages and emails would be an added luxury.
- I would like to have the ability to add or take away from the Dashboard.
Based on 1 answer
It's very user-friendly and it's an easy to learn system. The display is easy to understand and it's easy to find what you're looking for on the desktop site. We've had at least 3 new hires in the last year and everyone has picked up the program rather quickly without much training or assistance. Everyone learns differently but at the same time, everyone was able to implement the program within weeks of starting.
Based on 1 answer
Typically, AppFolio answers all questions the same day. However, I've had issues with Apartments.com pulling our information on available listings and consistently advertising incorrectly. I've contacted AppFolio more than 3 times about this in the last month and they said they would look into it and work on getting it figured out with them. However, I've had two more incidents since then and I just feel like I'm not being heard. However, I do give them a higher rating because I feel like they DO try their best and they are VERY responsive when we have major issues (this is more of an inconvenience issue). They do have room for improvement but overall, they're on the right track.
Each of the above have good features. I simply believe that AppFolio is the BEST I have ever used.
Return on Investment
- Before AppFolio, it would take quite a bit of time to complete the move in flow from applicant to tenant. The time saved has been termendous, reducing payroll expenses and other overhead costs.
- The ability to do everything on-line from applicantion to payment of fees and deposits to signing the lease has also reduced payroll expenses and other overhead. As a start-up company I am doing everything from securing new business to leasing, inspections, hiring vendors, monitoring the work of vendors, paying bills and owners. Because I can accomplish all of this from my cell phone, laptop and iPad, things get done immediately no matter where I am.
- Negative impact: I FIND MYSELF WORKING ALL HOURS OF THE DAY AND NIGHT. Because access is available anywhere, anytime, I cannot control myself! :)
AppFolioSee All (5) AppFolio Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?