Overall Satisfaction with AppFolio Property Manager
AppFolio Property Manager system is incredible for my position. As a company, we switched from another property management software to this one about 2 years ago and it has been a seamless transition. With the ability for tenants to pay rent online, set up automatic transactions and even request maintenance, it makes my job a lot easier! There are also TONS of analytics and data insight that is valuable in my position. You can see your market rent and what you are getting per month, adjust budgeted amounts, and so much more. The few times that I have reached out to them, they were quick to respond and answered my question as best as possible. I would recommend 100% for any landlord management company.
- Wonderful user experience. I can log on to the interface, see exactly what is going on for the day: move-outs, move-ins, who owes rent, late fees, etc. You can also modify your screen exactly how you want it!
- I love the quicklinks. You can see who is delinquent with their rent and automatically add late fees or even send a quick email/text.
- LOVE the option to text the entire property. Ex: the pool shut down for emergency cleaning, and I was able to send out a quick text so that all tenants were notified, even if they were out of state.
- There are so many reports that I still need to view and see their value, sometimes it's hard to see with so many options available as a user.
- Would love to be able to message a prospective tenant their showing time without entering in so much information. Sometimes a quick email, phone number, and name would be ideal to contact them as opposed to so much information as a guest card.
- One more con would be the timeout of the website. I understand it's for security, but sometimes it will time out after a few minutes of inactivity. It would be nice to have a longer time out period.
- Wonderful to see how much rent we are drawing in, so we can base budgets off of that. It is a great way to retain that rent and put towards future improvements.
- Wonderful way for tenants to pay their rent without us using a separate payment system or ACH payment. They can set up an account with a credit or debit card, or checking account and it drastically helps us with time management!
- The help that the AppFolio staff is willing to do, saves time on us trying to troubleshoot.
We have used COSTAR (Apartments.com) as well as AMSI. AMSI was very dated, slow and didn't NEARLY have the capabilities that AppFolio does. Just the fact that tenants can pay their rent online and it's such an easier process for us, makes it 100% worth the investment! I would recommend that any property management company tries AppFolio if they are struggling with time management.
The few times that we have had training with AppFolio, they were SO helpful and quick to answer any questions we may have. Because of their promptness, it shows what a great product they have. If they were not able to figure something out, they would follow up with us within a few days or so, which is so important in a software program!
Do you think AppFolio Property Manager delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with AppFolio Property Manager's feature set?
Did AppFolio Property Manager live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of AppFolio Property Manager go as expected?
Would you buy AppFolio Property Manager again?
If any colleague or resident asked about the system we used, I would highly recommend it. It is a huge step up from the other platform software we were using, so there are so many more features for both managers and our tenants. As a tenant, it seems they really enjoy the cleanliness of logging in, paying rent, asking for maintenance or contacting the manager. Easy and clean!